Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crafting is useless?

Default Crafting is useless?

I've seen in a few threads here that crafting seems to be useless these days. Is that true?
    I don't feel like getting professions up if it's a waste of time.

I wouldn't call it useless.

It's just that most crafted items are obsolete stats wise since khitai came out.
    Still, i for one find useful to be able to craft a decent blue set on a new character, so i can join raids/dungeons without green gear out of tortage.
    If you play healer or dps, you can craft for youself a very decent starting set, with which you can do a lot.
    If you're a tank it's a bit trickier, because you need the gear to be able to survive in HMs and T3+ raids.

Although as a tank, you can craft a full protection set for almost nothing, accessories included, and with that you can tank a lot of magical encounters.

So all in all, i would say crafting is still worth it, even if it's outdated.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I wouldn't call it useless.

It's just that most crafted items are obsolete stats wise since khitai came out.
    Still, i for one find useful to be able to craft a decent blue set on a new character, so i can join raids/dungeons without green gear out of tortage.
    If you play healer or dps, you can craft for youself a very decent starting set, with which you can do a lot.
    If you're a tank it's a bit trickier, because you need the gear to be able to survive in HMs and T3+ raids.

Although as a tank, you can craft a full protection set for almost nothing, accessories included, and with that you can tank a lot of magical encounters.

So all in all, i would say crafting is still worth it, even if it's outdated.
    Thanks for the answer.
    Then the follow-up question is, which to choose. I'm thinking Armorsmith or Gem-Cutter.

Best would be armorsmith and alchimist.
    Alchimist is nice because you can craft for yourself relatively useful potions and foods.

Gemcutter, no need, gems are super easy to get at the trader for a couple of silvers, and you won't need many anyway.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Best would be armorsmith and alchimist.
    Alchimist is nice because you can craft for yourself relatively useful potions and foods.

Gemcutter, no need, gems are super easy to get at the trader for a couple of silvers, and you won't need many anyway.
    Gemcraft and alchemy are useful too, if you want to raise your guilds renown, because sets of gems and potions can be traded in Old Tarantia for guild renown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Gemcraft and alchemy are useful too, if you want to raise your guilds renown, because sets of gems and potions can be traded in Old Tarantia for guild renown.
    Yes you can do that - but it is one of the, if not the most, worst and expensives ways to raise your renown. Because you need full sets of gems and potions or food.

Same goes for armorsmith or weaponsmith - if you want to craft things just to trade them for renown you will get almost nothing (~700-1200 renown per SET!) for your gold. There are much more effective ways to generate renown. The renown traders are nothing you would ever want to advise a new player to use (only if you want to try them out of curiousity).

Most importantly alchemist can craft ingedients for weapon T3-craft. Most expensive training armorsmith & architector

Crafting is great while levelling as well. You can log in with high-level characters and dig for resources, send them to a minor character, and craft. There are also quite a number of recipes dropping in low-level dungeons. I would say, save your time and do not kill world bosses or engage in raid finder and either PVP, craft, or run groups.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Question

The crafting issue is only get worse now with the Raid Finder and In game Store. I do realize the time and money it would take for a total revamp of the system but maybe a few smaller changes would help the game economy. I suggest doing another "crafted" gem that has the base gem drop in Khitai. This gem would add x amount of critigation, when crafted, to crafted gear. This would promote some of the "old world" crafted item to be bought and used it Khitai. Most items are already there ie; jade for example. The recipes for these gems could be dropped in 6 man and raid instances. If the "old world" and Khitai instances were more intertwined it may help both.
    Just a thought from a crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Mohkan View Post
    The crafting issue is only get worse now with the Raid Finder and In game Store.
    Agreed. All of the rewards should be removed from R.F., as known as W.B. v2.0. Only a title or achievements should be given. Then, we need more crafting achievements.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast