Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crafting is useless?

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Agreed. All of the rewards should be removed from R.F., as known as W.B. v2.0. Only a title or achievements should be given. Then, we need more crafting achievements.
    They can still update current systems (non RF, challenge or unchained) to give atlantean shards in addition. Especially if they want to have these shards as kind of "activity" or "loyality" currency. Or, if they would have to update each mob and loot list for this, they can just add conversion npc or crafting recipes, so that players can craft these shards with standard drops. They can also still add crafting challenges and recipes...at the very least when they update the broken gem slots in the new rings (it is a shame that obsolete and broken items are advertised and given as end game power items. Either convert the slots to working ones or remove them!). They could do still so much, if they only were allowed to or wanted to.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 21st July 2016 at 09:48.

If you are in or consider joining an established guild, don't waste time on getting to know the crafting system. For the maybe 10 items you'll have want to have crafted in a character's lifetime, you can ask a guild mate - or pay somebody with the mats you'd have wasted on developing your own craft skills.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Would you advice armorsmith or weaponsmith ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keldjan View Post
    None, it's seriously not worth it, no one will buy craft armor because gear progression is such a joke when farming raidfinder.
    Maybe alchemist for food stuff but even that sh*t is dropped constantly from WB.

Crafting just takes ages, requires a T3 guild, costs a lot of money and is just not profitable and most important: It's boring as f*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldjan View Post
    Both are fine, but I always pick weaponsmith on soldier classes over armorsmith owing to crafting in instances. Crafting is fun and engaging: RF and WB are not.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Both are fine, but I always pick weaponsmith on soldier classes over armorsmith owing to crafting in instances. Crafting is fun and engaging: RF and WB are not.
    While I agree with you that RF and WB are terrible, I can't find anything fun or engaging in AoC's crafting system. It's incredibly simplistic and only involves having the ingredients and then clicking the button in the recipe book. The system in FFIV is much better - maybe the only thing about that game that I actually liked.

Angry Crafting is NOT useless!

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    While I agree with you that RF and WB are terrible, I can't find anything fun or engaging in AoC's crafting system. It's incredibly simplistic and only involves having the ingredients and then clicking the button in the recipe book. The system in FFIV is much better - maybe the only thing about that game that I actually liked.
    Currently Crafting is not very fun Click and Wait sort of activity. But it has many uses as it is = mostly providing low levels and fresh 80s with gear and weapons and accessories. Higher level crafting involves 6-mans (Ironswill recipe) or Raids (Ibis or T3 Crafted Weapons). Only Rare dropped and Raid obtained recipe Crafted items have some value on Traders market, but ingredients cost is very high, to the point of not being worth making those items vs their prices on Trader. Architects can craft buildings and decorations for whole guild cities or Battlekeeps - those are always welcome, especially for starting guilds. Also all kinds of crafting is good for guild's renown!

As per best professions: Soldiers = Weaponsmith + Gemcutter
    Healers, Mages, Rogues = Armorsmith + Alchemist
    Last edited by Dimchik; 2nd January 2017 at 05:06.

Crafting is useless. If we talk about weapons and armor, then them can get 10 times the easiest way through WB and RF. Shard farming without exploit at all is a nightmare.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12