Thread: What's the point...

Default What's the point...

What's the point of having a tanking pet when your pet doesn't even tank. I'm a Demonologist in-game. My demon familiar is supposed to tank. But barely DPS's. It has a sword, but doesn't use it and it's fires of gehenna spell is not damaging. What's the point?

Pets don't tank. If they did, MOBs would never bother trying to hit a necromancer and concern themselves with the 8 axe-wielding undead maniacs trying to hack it to pieces. If you read the description of the various Demo pets, they are meant to buff the demo and his group, not fight for the Demo.
    -There are things in the deep desert that could not be imagined even in the nightmares of a thousand madmen.-

Quote Originally Posted by batkalim View Post
    Pets don't tank. If they did, MOBs would never bother trying to hit a necromancer and concern themselves with the 8 axe-wielding undead maniacs trying to hack it to pieces. If you read the description of the various Demo pets, they are meant to buff the demo and his group, not fight for the Demo.
    Okay, my bad. Thinking about another game. Hard to make the transition, sometimes. I guess buy TANK I meant assist better.

Quote Originally Posted by pivesrublee View Post
    Okay, my bad. Thinking about another game. Hard to make the transition, sometimes. I guess buy TANK I meant assist better.
    The Demo pets version of "assist" is to give you a buff. It's actions (lobbing fire) are merely an animation; rather than it just standing there dormant.

The Necro pets are a bit more useful ~ as they DPS a mob but never really gain aggro themselves.

The DT "pet" ~ really the only "tank" pet that can be specd.

you can feat the demo pets to be stronger.

about necro pets, "Frenzy" can make the melee ones tank
    Last edited by Cappa; 15th July 2016 at 17:59.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

If you do use the frenzy spell, the mob will agro back to the necro after the pet dies.