Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Started a new BS (lvl15) and man do I feel weak. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Don't worry. Tortage is but the prologue of the game. The views you have taken on your character is by no means representable of how your character will develop through the levels and finally at endgame. I have to correct ErikT on the Empowered Renewal feat. It only affects the first hit, so it does not buff all the hits in a combo hit string. Also, keep going in Spirit tree until you pick up Manifestation of Sun which will be the one you are going to use prioritized.

Start out with these feats, fill Spirit side as you unlock it through levelling up. http://goo.gl/zMfhLR

Blood Champion is in my opinion just as, if not more important than Empowered Renewal. Both should be active before you enter combat, since you'll then have heals running, and buffed weapon damage.

Finished, the build looks like this. http://goo.gl/00Kttw
    Thanks

Don't worry. Tortage is but the prologue of the game. The views you have taken on your character is by no means representable of how your character will develop through the levels and finally at endgame. I have to correct ErikT on the Empowered Renewal feat. It only affects the first hit, so it does not buff all the hits in a combo hit string.
    Renweal (empowered or not) does indeed not buff all hits in a combo - nor did I say so. It buffs the next hit you do after activating Renewal, and that hit only. Which is why it is best to use it right before the last part of a combo, since the last hit of a combo is the one which does the most damage.

I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶E̶r̶i̶k̶T̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶m̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶e̶n̶e̶w̶a̶l̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶f̶f̶e̶c̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶b̶o̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    shax trolling forums hard today.
    I have to correct myself, thanks Lurvi. It seems like Empowered Renewal does in fact enhance the damage of all the hits in a combo string, I was tricked by watching the dps number on general attributes pane, how it increased after activating Renewal, and how it decreased after the first hit in the combo finisher had landed. I've tested on a straw man, and with Bloodthirst combo which generates two nearly similar damage numbers consequently, if it only affected the 1st damage hit it should have been easy to see. The pattern repeats on the other combos too.

Edit; adding Crush Armor IV damage,

Without Renewal;
    Your Crush Armor IV crushes Straw Man for 389. (-5% combo damage)
    Your Crush Armor IV crushes Straw Man for 377. (-5% combo damage)
    Your Crush Armor IV crushes Straw Man for 555. (-5% combo damage)

With Renewal before pressing combo finisher;
    Your Crush Armor IV critically crushes Straw Man for 663. (-5% combo damage)
    Your Crush Armor IV critically crushes Straw Man for 643. (-5% combo damage)
    Your Crush Armor IV critically crushes Straw Man for 944. (-5% combo damage)
    Last edited by Shax84; 14th July 2016 at 21:27.

Default no worries

in my opinion..BS is like DT in tortage and a little underpowered (or takes a bit more work to squeeze a slight bit more damage out)...but when you hit the early 20's it starts to take off, and by the late 20's you're a powerhouse and survival machine

To the thread starter:

ALL classes play almost like the same on lower levels and many are "bad" because you are on a very low level and did not get the core features of the class yet.

A BS on level 80 is a really great class, a lot of group buffs, good damage (and even better if you got better gear), good healing AND good survival.

Once you get to level ~40 a BS becomes a real beast that can wreck mob groups where even DTs, Guards or Conqs on that level can fail, in low level dungeons you sometimes can even tank the bosses with no real problems if you know how to play your class (of couse, your gear shouldn't be from tortage ).

Yes once you can get hold of the gear from epic Field of the Dead, it's really good! Just ally with some lvl 80 friend and you can kill bosses there for achievements and also some blue drops for your BS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12