Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tali tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Easy fix, do enough AoK UC as offtank until you get the const rings and neck, then you should be fine with increased health and armor. Neither Ibis or SC tali has const, so guessing you're at 12k hp or something like that, which is gonna be low in most circumstances. Stacking up sadism with ritualistic bloodshed and spamming shadow hex is important. Easiest fix is having a gaming keyboard that can repeat it automatically for you.
    Yeah I am at around 12700 HP in with my gear, I have some const gear I can switch too but I always thought I would loose too much aggro since I never used Hateful Strikes.
    One more question: How about mana problems? In long fights I can't keep spamming Shadowhex and Ritualistic Bloodshed since it burns my Mana pretty quick (yes I am using mana pots ). Should I use the Mana / Stamina Tap buff in those cases? But that would make me loose the 6,4% health tap buff...

@Fonsbol I will try switching between CoA and CoP for certain fights and I will try out these specs you posted. But regarding the feat Shadowed Soul, I heard some people say that it is not worth it (because "only" 800 combat rating). And what about using what hex when having this feat active? Blood Hex for more healing? Or still Shadow Hex for more damage and more magic health tap?

I have mana issues too sometimes. In some fights you can afford to use the mana drain buff but often I just rely on other classes since several of them can give a small amount of mana through the buffs they give you and it's not like you need a lot of it to start with. Gear also helps of course and also maxing out the AA that improves the duration of your buff so you can afford to not spam ritualistic bloodshed constantly.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I have mana issues too sometimes. In some fights you can afford to use the mana drain buff but often I just rely on other classes since several of them can give a small amount of mana through the buffs they give you and it's not like you need a lot of it to start with. Gear also helps of course and also maxing out the AA that improves the duration of your buff so you can afford to not spam ritualistic bloodshed constantly.
    The reason why I wear the wolves wisdom necklace is to counter at least some mana problems because 111 wisdom give a good amount of mana but it's lacking survival stats a lot. My AA tree is completely full (well, not all of these CC resistances or some of the PvP talents)

Then you should not really have mana issues when tanking a single boss/mob (with a few exceptions because of debuffs or mob abilities making you lose mana). If you're hitting more than one mob you'll lose a lot of mana because of malacodor - that's when I'll often use the mana drain buff if I'm not getting mana from other classes.
    Last edited by kalston; 16th July 2016 at 17:23.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post

@Fonsbol I will try switching between CoA and CoP for certain fights and I will try out these specs you posted. But regarding the feat Shadowed Soul, I heard some people say that it is not worth it (because "only" 800 combat rating). And what about using what hex when having this feat active? Blood Hex for more healing? Or still Shadow Hex for more damage and more magic health tap?
    Some dark templars will say that the effects on dps are negligable, but I stick to the rule of 'the more dps the better', and shadowed soul and the feats above it are no exception. The burst factor of shadowed soul specifically is also nice because you can time it with a combo like dooming presence for a damage spike. I like to use it with the +100% health tap feat (blood pact) as well to increase healing.
    I solely use shadow hex for the same reasons you've mentioned.
    Last edited by Fonsbol; 16th July 2016 at 19:41.

It's pretty common in my CoA spec that Shadow Hex has 14-17% of total damage. CoA has around 6-8% of total damage. Just saying... Worth spamming it.

So is it common consensus that Desecrated Blood is better than Sustained Rage? Just wondering, since I don't use Blood for Aid that much in my rotation (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    So is it common consensus that Desecrated Blood is better than Sustained Rage? Just wondering, since I don't use Blood for Aid that much in my rotation (yet).
    In this regard, I see a lot of builds with Sustained Rage feated. According to very old tests, Weapon Damage does not increase anything for DT but its white hits, neither magical damage nor combos are affected. So I really don't see the point to feat anything with Weapon damage increase. Where am I wrong?

It does add to all physical damage. Fomula for calculating damage is;

The damage a combo deals is:
    Combo Damage = [StarterDPS x Starter hit animation time] + [DPS x white hit animation time] (repeat this for every combo step along the way) + [FinisherDPS x Finisher animation time]

DPS = the number you see in your character sheet
    StarterDPS = DPS + combo's Starter DPS bonus
    FinisherDPS = DPS + combo's Finisher DPS bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    Feat both ,sustained rage as far as your pts allow ,usually for my builds its 3-4 pts in it plus 1 in volcanic rage ,and use BFA :P

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast