Thread: Instant level 80 character question

Default Instant level 80 character question

1. How long does it take to level up without instant and without membership for an average user?

2. What would you say are the top 5 pvp classes in order. What you consider is easier to win with

3. Top 5 pve classes in order. Easy mode characters

--- 4. If I delete a level 80 character that I purchased instantly, am I able to make another level 80 character?

5. Does membership temporarily allow you to use expansion packs?

6. Anything else from item shop you would recommend?

Don't buy anything, don't subscribe. They don't deserve to have any money, especially with the stupid prices they're asking for. Play for free or not at all. Expansions are bought once to unlock, they're the only thing you should even consider paying real money for (only do that after you play until 80 and decide you really like the game).

All soldier classes are easy in pve and pvp. Actually pretty much every class is easy in pve but don't play casters. Casters are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Don't buy anything, don't subscribe. They don't deserve to have any money, especially with the stupid prices they're asking for. Play for free or not at all. Expansions are bought once to unlock, they're the only thing you should even consider paying real money for (only do that after you play until 80 and decide you really like the game).

All soldier classes are easy in pve and pvp. Actually pretty much every class is easy in pve but don't play casters. Casters are boring.
    Lots of veteran players are salty here, don't worry. It's worth subbing if you want to level up faster in pve and pvp, also extra tokens is good.
    And by subbing and buying something you support Funcom to keep the game alive. And if you really want to buy something from cash shop and don't mind spending lots of money, buy the pvp gear and max lvl abilities.
    Casters are fun like other classes, can't like everything.

Age of Conan is really unique mmorpg, enjoy it and don't listen all the ******** these veterans (who have already played the game for years) say. They just salty because Funcom doesn't have focus on Age of Conan anymore.
    It is still a good game.
    Last edited by Dewulf; 13th July 2016 at 09:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupoo View Post

5. Does membership temporarily allow you to use expansion packs?
    No.
    You have to purchase the expansion packs in order to use them whether free to play or a member.

My advice is not to buy anything for faster progression, including the premium access: you may lose interest to the game with faster progression or instant characters offered by paying. However, it is not a bad idea to buy some pets from the item store or the Khitan expansion. The Turan expansion might not be worth it anymore: the raid instance is utterly destroyed by Funcom.

Levelling to 80 takes, on average, a fortnight. However, I love to go to every instance and PVP while levelling; so, it may take me 6-8 months just to level up on one character, where every hour of it counts as fun!

The easiest PVP classes are 1. HoX; 2. Guardian; 3. Barbarian; 4. PoM; 5. D.T.
    The easiest PVE classes might be DPS casters (Necromancer, Demonologist, and Ranger).

In short, buy Khitai, stay F2P, and play a Herald of Xotli. Visit all of the instances while levelling. Here is my guide: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ling-Instances
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

1. How long does it take to level up without instant and without membership for an average user?--- depending on how hard you level/quest etc, can take a week, can take a month

2. What would you say are the top 5 pvp classes in order. What you consider is easier to win with. They all have bonuses, all can be devastating if played well.

3. Top 5 pve classes in order. Easy mode characters. Again, they're all good for what they do. My personal preferences are conq, pom, sin (not easy-you can die a lot), necro

--- 4. If I delete a level 80 character that I purchased instantly, am I able to make another level 80 character? no, once you've used the instant level 80, theres no way to get it back

5. Does membership temporarily allow you to use expansion packs? no

6. Anything else from item shop you would recommend? the expansion packs are very nice. Khitai is the best, followed by turan/drags spine. Vanaheim is quite small and very repetitive, so don't get that until you've played for a while and know whether you want to get it or not
    Resident nab at Khemi University
    Robdobsin-sin
    Robdobpom-pom, Robdobconq-conq, Robdobtos-tos, Robdobguard-guard, Robdobdt-dt, Robdobdemon-demo, Robdobp-necro, Robdobhox-hox, Robdobbarb-barb, Robdobranger-ranger
    {CircleofEternity}

Quote Originally Posted by dewulf View Post
    and by subbing and buying something you support funcom to keep the secret world alive.
    fixed that for you

Hi

I wouldn't buy a character at max level for 3 reasons. 1 you will miss the leveling part of the game and his difficulty, and the discovery of your class step by step. 2 you miss all occasion to do the dungeons as a purist (even if it's not easy to do them, because of the lack of people) 3. If you do'nt like the class after buying it, you will have to buy another one.

For me the buying a max level thing is mostly for reroll quickly, without having to level again.
    Of course, if you try quickly a lot of games and are not interested by the leveling, so up to you

About the duration of the leveling : I started at mid May a barbarian (Free to play account). I played on evening and a good part of my week ends, mostly alone. I have stopped for IRL reason since 20th of June, and I was 73. I have made groups sometimes for group missions, and pickups for dungeons (rarely). Other players are really welcoming (some gave me money to start )
    PS : Of course leveling is a little bit longer when you are higher level

So it's not too long. But you have to be careful as the mobs can quickly repop.

I finally subbed, because I was fond of the game. It cuts off a really crappy gold limit for ftp (10 gp max) so if you like the game, just sub, you avoid some brakes the game have (even if they recently limited them)

I bought the Turan expansion which has a really good mission quality (and some part, scaling with your level), is a beautiful different place to level and is really nice to play.

And if you like group grinding there are special zones where you can kill hundreds of Vanirs or Nemedians and XP (it comes really fast with a small group, I tried once.)

Here was my experience for now, hope it will help you. Best in the game are gameplay, immersion and the wonderful landscapes So enjoy
    Last edited by Laoise; 13th July 2016 at 14:37.