Thread: Daily Rewards

Default Daily Rewards

Does the Daily Rewards System Update all characters in our Account or just the first logged into?
    So far I am unable to figure out what is going on with it.
    The Daily activity thing where you are rewarded for accomplishing a task is a little confusing.
    Once I have completed the little task I am rewarded. One of the rewards "Sack of Coins" is misleading. There isn't one.
    Also the crate of potions is a mystery. I have only seen it once and for the most part it doesn't exist.

Are these a game Bug?
    Shauna

Quote Originally Posted by shauna View Post
    Are these a game Bug?
    Shauna
    The daily login rewards are like an accountwide counter. When you got all, they restart from top left. The catch is, that you have to be careful, from what char you claim. It is like the claim system where in the past you had "accountwide" and "1", so if any char claimed the reward, it was unclaimable for other chars. Same with daily login rewards. You also have to be logged in to that char to claim the reward, you can NOT change the char to claim for on the login screen or rewards window (unlike the old shop system, where you could buy items for other chars while on one different char). Since most rewards apart from the purple box or the gilding tokens are mainly money and xp, you might only want to be careful before claiming those.

The daily rewards seem to be working better now, if they are worth the trouble once you see the rewards, is up to you
    You will get 5 fixed (for now?) challenges you can do each day (basically 3 are easily done while playing). For each tier (contender? expirant? paramount?) there is a different cycle when all progress will be set to zero again. You can see the cycle there by lingering the mouse over the far right box icons. This (or maybe clicking them) will display a cooldown. So basically the first tier resets each day, allowing for you to do up to five challenges a day. These are counted against all three tiers.

Here the catch is, that you have to do them on each char seperately and that you can only do 5 max per day. The second catch is, that the cooldown works independantly from your start of the challenge (afaik it will be a fixed date per month when it resets). This makes it important to check the cooldown timers before even starting on a second or third tier. If you focus on one or few chars, you can easily do this though, but you can have a situation (like last week, when they resetted all progress while the system was only 5 days running) mainly late in the month, when starting a second or third tier reward try will be pointless. Also loot seems to be mainly xp, health potions and gold (the bags and potions you see in the messages are actually just messages, any "bags" with tokens, gold and potions will be automatically opened). If your inventory is full, the reward box (or potions) will spawn in a loot bag on the ground, making it useful to not get the rewards in a big battle or rush onward after getting the rewards.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 12th July 2016 at 15:25.

Default Thanks Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    The daily login rewards are like an accountwide counter. When you got all, they restart from top left. The catch is, that you have to be careful, from what char you claim. It is like the claim system where in the past you had "accountwide" and "1", so if any char claimed the reward, it was unclaimable for other chars. Same with daily login rewards. You also have to be logged in to that char to claim the reward, you can NOT change the char to claim for on the login screen or rewards window (unlike the old shop system, where you could buy items for other chars while on one different char).

The daily rewards seem to be working better now, if they are worth the trouble once you see the rewards, is up to you
    You will get 5 fixed (for now?) challenges you can do each day (basically 3 are easily done while playing). For each tier (contender? expirant? paramount?) there is a different cycle when all progress will be set to zero again. You can see the cycle there by lingering the mouse over the far right box icons. This (or maybe clicking them) will display a cooldown. So basically the first tier resets each day, allowing for you to do up to five challenges a day. These are counted against all three tiers.

Here the catch is, that you have to do them on each char seperately and that you can only do 5 max per day. This makes it important to check the cooldown timers before even starting on a second or third tier. If you focus on one or few chars, you can easily do this though, but you can have a situation (like last week, when they resetted all progress while the system was only 5 days running) mainly late in the month, when starting a second or third tier reward try will be pointless.
    So it seems I have to concentrate on one character in each of my accounts to get this thing up and running. I have 3 active accounts so I will just have to choose one for each.

So it seems I have to concentrate on one character in each of my accounts to get this thing up and running. I have 3 active accounts so I will just have to choose one for each.
    Yes, this is what i do. Depending on your connection and tech setup you can do maybe 3 chars per accounts, and easily get at least contender for them (but again...check loot, if you find it worthwhile). I have a few things i want to buy with gilding tokens, so i play at least them when i can and try to claim all gilding rewards and big boxes for them.

Does the Daily Rewards System Update all characters in our Account or just the first logged into?
    So far I am unable to figure out what is going on with it.
    The Daily activity thing where you are rewarded for accomplishing a task is a little confusing.
    Once I have completed the little task I am rewarded. One of the rewards "Sack of Coins" is misleading. There isn't one.
    Also the crate of potions is a mystery. I have only seen it once and for the most part it doesn't exist.

Are these a game Bug?
    Shauna
    Yes, I have never actually seen the Crate of Health Potions and some of the Sack of Coins (the ones with xp that are supposed to be opened) from the Daily Rewards. I looked through my inventory which always has open slots and the Health Potions (shown as a green triangle token) or XP Bags are never there.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

The "Crate of Health Potions" is a little misleading from Funcom as we typically think of a "crate" as a box which when we open it will contain 100 potions....it is infact 10 health potions delivered directly into your inventory ...so if you watch how many health potions you have then you will see after you get a "Crate of Health Potions" ...you will have 10 more.

Similar, the xp & AA xp bonus and coins we get are delivered directly to character .... so nothing in our inventory to click on for the most part with these.
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 12th February 2017 at 18:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    The "Crate of Health Potions" is a little misleading from Funcom as we typically think of a "crate" as a box which when we open it will contain 100 potions....it is infact 10 health potions delivered directly into your inventory ...so if you watch how many health potions you have then you will see after you get a "Crate of Health Potions" ...you will have 10 more.
    I have received the Crate of Health Potions a number of times since my last post and I have yet to see it in my inventory. I check everything in inventory before I claim the daily login reward and when I get a Crate of Health Potions, nothing in inventory changes.

It is 10 health potions. So if level 80, look at how many daggamalt you have before you open it. After you get a "crate of health potions" you will see that you have 10 more daggamalt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    It is 10 health potions. So if level 80, look at how many daggamalt you have before you open it. After you get a "crate of health potions" you will see that you have 10 more daggamalt.
    I have checked and I don't receive them as far as I can tell. The green triangle "crate of health potions" reward doesn't seem to add anything to my inventory.

I have both "item loot" and "money loot" subscribed to in my General chat tab. So when I open a cache such as a Contender Cache I receive messages such as the following:

"You received [Contender's Cache]
    Your purchased item was delivered to your inventory.
    You received [Crate of Health Potions]
    You received [Sack of Coins]
    You received [Daggamalt]
    You've received 5 Silver!"

So the green triangle of [Crate of Health Potions] is immediately converted by the game into the 10 Daggamalt in my inventory.
    The [Sack of Coins] is converted by the game immediately into 5 silver.

There is nothing more for me to click...the game automatically puts them into my inventory. Just like it automatically puts the teleport coins into my playfield access tab and the tokens of gilding into my tokens inventory from the log in rewards menus.
    If you are not sure on this, then I suggest that you put all your daggamalt into your bank so you have none in your inventory, have a clear space in your inventory on the same page as the cache you are opening and then open the caches - you will see the potions appear. If after all of this no potions appear I suggest you petition it.