Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Massive lag spikes since 5.0!

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    Minigames with these lag spikes are amazing. It's like playing in the Matrix.
    Yeah, Just did Iron Tower. Last boss (4 Golems) ported me around in mysterious ways. Had just killed off the green one and was hitting the blue one upstairs, suddenly i found myself ported on top of one of the braziers and was incinerated. New mechanic?
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Any progress on investigating the lag spikes ...it's not improving. Was in a T4 emperor fight over the weekend where most of the raid had lag spikes occurring over about 20 minutes - wiped us at least once. The participants in that raid were from multiple countries and continents...

About 14 hours ago (4 Sept 2016, GMT 1800-1830) our raid had two groups be dropped from it. People in groups 1 & 2 could only see 2 groups but all in groups 3 & 4 could see the whole raid list. ....it was really annoying as it was mid-fight and the boss died before the 12 players in groups 3 & 4 got teleported out of the zone.. and we were locked to that instance's kill even though not apparently in a raid ....
    The group leads of groups 3 & 4 could not remove their group from raid and the raid lead could not re-invite us. 12 players had to individually leave their group and then the raid lead could invite 6 people into the raid but he was not able to invite people to create or fill group 4. To get around this we had to reform the raid fortunately 6 people in the raid did not require items from that boss's box so "sat" out for it being opened. We got invited back after the box's items were gone as our relics were still in there..then the raid lead disbanded the raid and reformed...
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 5th September 2016 at 09:58. Reason: added date to time

My theory at the moment is that it is related to raidfinder.
    I haven't bothered testing it more but it's happened to me twice now that there were several of us on teamspeak and exactly when one of us got ported in raidfinder the rest (in dungeon or other playfield) experienced a big lagspike.
    Could it be that the potato lags when it has to create an instance and port 24 people in?

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    My theory at the moment is that it is related to raidfinder.
    I haven't bothered testing it more but it's happened to me twice now that there were several of us on teamspeak and exactly when one of us got ported in raidfinder the rest (in dungeon or other playfield) experienced a big lagspike.
    Could it be that the potato lags when it has to create an instance and port 24 people in?
    Considering the number of raid wide redlines in raid finder, it's very likely tied to that.

There's as many red lines in T3.5, T4 and T5 as there are in raid finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    There's as many red lines in T3.5, T4 and T5 as there are in raid finder.
    Same in mini games
    Kinaputten

Rf+wb=lag
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    Rf+wb=lag
    The lag was present even without world boss.

It seems the lag is worse right after a server restart, so why bother restarting it? Maybe it's time to remove WB and RF seeing they're probably the biggest culprit of all the lag, especially RF. It's not great to be in a high tier raid with your guild and wipe because of the lag.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast