Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: You know you're on crom when

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    It did make sense for necros to use combat rating gear, for about one month. I don't need to ask anyone about it, really. The main problem of the necro has always been that it's a fusion of two beta classes (Necromancer and Lich), resulting in messed up feat trees. As for the whole damage thing, I could never forget how much the old Grip of Death was overpowered.

Let's agree to disagree on that point, like I let Rea necros think they're uber when they're just lazy
    Not arguing that You are right in most points there. It would help a lot for the necro if some broken or underpowered/unbalanced feats/spells were looked at. The revamp did not adress most of the broken spells

But you bring up my own argument: Grip of Death was overpowered. Why nerf damage in general? (btw, i still like Grip of Death, even with lower damage it is a ranged channeling spell which always has its uses)
    Same things happened to other classes...funcom "fixes" a problem by nerfing, but not fixing. Take ranger, the basic problems why people complained are still there...even though ranger damage and abilities got nerfed a lot since revamp (some rightfully, some would have been better off left alone and just moved to a different feat tree spot). A good designer has more options than just "nerf" or "remove".

I still would like to see more spec and gear options for every class. As you mention necro and lich, look at the hox...here the hybrid really works and you can still choose and manage gear by mixing combat/strength gear, survival/prot gear and magic damage gear. Why not have the same options for other classes? (for example why are some abilities from conq, bs and assasin linked to combat rating, when they are clearly magical in nature?).

Over the time I had some really weird encounters too, some of them I could never understand:

Filling a group for a Mona / Palace run, getting an offtank, his gear is okish partly T2 and some Khitai epic items as well as T3 weapon and rings. The group wiped several times because the damage was totally low (most people had bad gear besides me) so I logged the Damage and posted it in the group chat.
    The DT (Offtank) was on spot 5 with ca. 350 DPS... he couldn't grab aggro a single time. I asked him how it is possible to do so low damage with his gear (group was already disbanding due to too many wipes lol) but he had no clue what DPS means and so on so I tried to explain it to him.
    When asking about his spec he still had no clue what I was talking about. Turned out that this guy did not use a single feat point in his tree, only white hitting all the time.

Now I want to know: How the hell did he get the gear?!?!? I mean, his gear was actually pretty decent but not even knowing what feat points are?! Probably bought the account, when I asked him about that he did not answer anymore...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234