Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will tere be directx12 and 64 bit client update soon

Default Will tere be directx12 and 64 bit client update soon

Will there be a directx12 and 64 bit client update comming soon ? i Like to know
    Eric Godin

Quote Originally Posted by ericterminator View Post
    Will there be a directx12 and 64 bit client update comming soon ? i Like to know
    Unless funcom decides to invest a ton of $ into AOC and create another large expansion with this feature, I would say the chances of that happening are somewhere between 0% and 0.000001%.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

If they upgrade TSW's engine to be dx12 and 64 bit.. then 5 years later it may be ported to Aoc...
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

The reason i was asking is that guild wars2 and eso as 64 bit client directx12 is also comming to eso and rift is also comming with a 64bit client so they need do upgrade to compete and directx 12 is awesome i dont know why company dont use it they still use oudate directx9 ans 10 this just piss me off
    Eric Godin

[QUOTE=ericterminator;2144147]The reason i was asking is that guild wars2 and eso as 64 bit client directx12 is also comming to eso and rift is also comming with a 64bit client so they need do upgrade to compete and directx 12 is awesome i dont know why company dont use it they still use oudate directx9 ans 10 this just piss me off we are in 2016 not 2008.
    Eric Godin

Quote Originally Posted by ericterminator View Post
    The reason i was asking is that guild wars2 and eso as 64 bit client directx12 is also comming to eso and rift is also comming with a 64bit client so they need do upgrade to compete and directx 12 is awesome i dont know why company dont use it they still use oudate directx9 ans 10 this just piss me off
    I'd rather see the game ported to Vulkan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Dx12 is useless (unless you're on AMD with their terribad dx11 drivers) as of right now and seems like a nightmare for both game and GPU drivers developers. Rather see dx11 (which is far superior to 10) or OpenGL which means easy Mac/Linux compatibility among other things. Vulkan seems nice too, a kind of newer OpenGL. But only 3 games supporting it for now, ouch.

64 bit would make sense since AoC runs out of memory and crashes constantly on a 32 bit OS lol. But yeah, requires too much work for too little benefit so not gonna happen.

But this thread is a waste of time anyways :P
    Last edited by kalston; 8th July 2016 at 07:06.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Dx12 is useless (unless you're on AMD with their terribad dx11 drivers) as of right now and seems like a nightmare for both game and GPU drivers developers. Rather see dx11 (which is far superior to 10) or OpenGL which means easy Mac/Linux compatibility among other things. Vulkan seems nice too, a kind of newer OpenGL. But only 3 games supporting it for now, ouch.

64 bit would make sense since AoC runs out of memory and crashes constantly on a 32 bit OS lol. But yeah, requires too much work for too little benefit so not gonna happen.

But this thread is a waste of time anyways :P
    DX 12 is not useless the performance gain and less gpu work is the best DX ever and it will be update it's not a nightmare get youre stuff strait it's better for developers and microsoft will update diectx 12 to work better with amd and nvidia
    Eric Godin

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    i don't run out of memory while running 32b client on 64b os, so the problem may come from 32b windows memory management. and not from the game itself.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

DX 12 is the devils work, why ? only works on win10. I will install win10 when hell freezer over, not a second before.

There is a list of possible things they could do with existing means instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast