Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When is New Pvp gear coming and levels

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Seriously, is this hard to understand? Winning in PvP is a reward in itself. The gear should only be there to show off your prowess. The progression is your SKILL not your GEAR.

If you only play to win in PvP because of the carrot you get in the end you really haven't understood what PvP is about and are approaching PvP from a PvE point of view.
    100% agreed! But keep in mind, that a huge part of the people in this game resides at the left side of the gaussian normal curve regarding their cognitive abilities... Unfortunately this fact doesn't prevent many of them lobbying AoC game mechanics to death which leads to the state of the game we have right now ;-)

agreed with the guys, we could need more skins, but no more stats please.

though what we need in PvP is being able to play with a friend, and general fixes to minigames, like picking flag not being interrupted
    Last edited by Lurvi; 7th July 2016 at 10:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    these are just nice words, I see what happens in practice every day
    What happens in practice every day from the perspective of a PvP 7 ToS:

1* imbalanced mini with lowbies on the other team. Lowbies melt in my presence. I end up with a win, a decent to good K/D depending on how much my team enjoys to farm, and no sense of achievement.
    2* imbalanced mini with lowbies on my team. Lowbies either melt or run and hide to save their K/D. I end up with a loss, a decent to bad K/D depending on how much the other team enjoys to farm, and no sense of achievement.

This kind of situation doesn't discourage lowbies to PvP - and what is equally bad, it does not encourage geared/AAed players to improve their gameplay.

As Caudilloo said, winning in PvP should be its own reward. Gear and AA don't provide sufficient incentives for players to play the game. The better option is to allow people to play together in PvP - after all, social interaction is what really keeps players in the game.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    What happens in practice every day from the perspective of a PvP 7 ToS:

1* imbalanced mini with lowbies on the other team. Lowbies melt in my presence. I end up with a win, a decent to good K/D depending on how much my team enjoys to farm, and no sense of achievement.
    2* imbalanced mini with lowbies on my team. Lowbies either melt or run and hide to save their K/D. I end up with a loss, a decent to bad K/D depending on how much the other team enjoys to farm, and no sense of achievement.

This kind of situation doesn't discourage lowbies to PvP - and what is equally bad, it does not encourage geared/AAed players to improve their gameplay.

As Caudilloo said, winning in PvP should be its own reward. Gear and AA don't provide sufficient incentives for players to play the game. The better option is to allow people to play together in PvP - after all, social interaction is what really keeps players in the game.
    Problem of pvp is the pve grind in it,when i want to pvp i just want to kill stuff and not grind exp ...i'm sure if we had a mini full of pvp 10's would be way different,unless those pvp 10's were like cozzano the exploiter with more than 12 pvp 10 toons with 0 minis played.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Seriously, is this hard to understand? Winning in PvP is a reward in itself. The gear should only be there to show off your prowess. The progression is your SKILL not your GEAR.

If you only play to win in PvP because of the carrot you get in the end you really haven't understood what PvP is about and are approaching PvP from a PvE point of view.
    True.
    But the truth is in the mid.
    Actually I'd like very close gap between PvP gear tiers (even smaller that current status, which is already much better than the past), but some sense of "stuff gain" is nice for some players in PvP.
    Actually I'd like PvP T4 gear with stats just 1% higher and a better look, just to have something to get.

I would also like:
    - much much MUCH higher PvP AA gain. AA is the real, blocking gap for newbies.
    - PvP T1 gear buyable from PvP level 0.
    - new PvP minigame maps.
    - new PvP modes and challenges (3 vs 3 and 2 vs 2 arena, minigame Buddy System, big incentives for using minigame Tournamet Mode, etc).
    - PvP ranking system.
    - PvP arena separated by Pokemon arena (btw, the word "pokemon" should not be used, since old Nintendo Pokemon games were actually great games, not plain braindead grind half sleep like AoC petarena).

We will never see 2 first points implemented cause they could impact Funcom gains.
    But Funcom could do something for the other points.
    Actually I would be happy to buy new minigame maps if Funcom revamps PvP.
    To be exact, that would be the ONLY thing I would pay Funcom again (so you know: I have not spent 50 cents in new store, I will never do and I will never resubscribe as things are now).
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I wouldn't mind a new PvP tier as long as it's not based on PvP level. I'd like to see a new type of currency for tournament mode PvP and winning in tournament mode is the only way to attain said gear. As long as the power gap isn't too high, I don't think it should really be an issue. It will give REAL PvP'rs a way to advance their character in a real arena type environment.

It probably will be only obtainable through the item shop with 10% discount for subscribers, jokes aside it should not be obtainable with pvp levels because that just drags event alt farmers / bori farmers
    The Law

Im here with Hyen, Lurvi and others who want new pvp gear tier be the same stats as T3 and have diffrent and more cool visuals. I think increasing stats will just kill all opportunities for new players to fit in pvp system which they gotten now with capabilty of buying T2 pvp gear from shop. We need to make pvp community more open for newcommers rather than closing it by adding more power gear for skilled players with top levels.

Also I would like to see special gear which could be bought for victory tokens from pvp festival (could have as well t3 pvp stats + some new visuals).
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Actually, it has been about five years since there are no changes as regards PvP10 and AA system. But developers don't care...
    Yup. We were told there would be new AA's. Obviously that's also been silently scrapped.

According to Cirith before he left, T4 PvP gear is finished.. they just don't know how to introduce it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast