Thread: ATTENTION: Update to Free-to-play forum access

Funcom ATTENTION: Update to Free-to-play forum access

Hey all, as of today:

Free-to-play accounts now have the same posting permissions as Premium Members.

Hurray! Anybody can post in the main forums now!

The Free-to-play subforum will be taken down at the end of the week. We'll be monitoring activity on the forums closely, so if there's any abuse or other problems, we'll have to reverse course on this decision. If you have any questions, let me know!
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

You should simply lock and archive those forums for Read-Only access.

Don't just delete everything.

Funcom

That's what we'll probably do. That or just hide them (not delete them), but we could also lock them too.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Yeah, leaving them view-able by the users I think is the way to go.

Now give them right to read Global chat at least and be able to chat with everyone. Brand new players still can see only NPH channel with goldspammers and zero activity which is very bad for Funcom's purse.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Offtopic: how do I unlock extra characters as F2P without subscribing? Is the solution buying extra character slots?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Global should definitely be unlocked for F2P. I recently made a F2P account and even crom seemed dead with no global.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Offtopic: how do I unlock extra characters as F2P without subscribing? Is the solution buying extra character slots?
    Being f2p locks 6 extra character slots that premium gets for free afaik. Any more slots you bought or gained with sub offers won't get locked. Buying more slots should give you the option to lock that slot and open another one I think. You will still have to sub one month and go f2p again to choose which slots to unlock again though cause the purchased slot will automatically be a playable one.

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    Now give them right to read Global chat at least and be able to chat with everyone. Brand new players still can see only NPH channel with goldspammers and zero activity which is very bad for Funcom's purse.
    I fully agree with this but only if you take action against goldspammers. At least something as easy as a blacklist for words that automatically gives you 24h chat cooldown or something.

I'd prefer a system where you give about 50 players the option to mute people for an hour. Pick those players with care from different time zones, give others ability to report those players for false mutes (to prevent abuse of muting powers).
    Personally I know I often ignore goldspammers before they get their 2nd message out. If I had the option to mute them for everyone I would do that (f10 to take screenshot to prove it's not false mute + 'deny this players access to chat channels for 1 hour'). Basically I would keep all your chat channels gold spammer free for about 10-15 hours every week on a completely voluntary basis.