Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Loot from the challenge system

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    Best box ever

Purple box.

4 expertise pts

75 silver.

My main has almost 2100 AA pts sitting...

/trolled by funcom
    Glad you did all those daily chores for that!
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Best box ever

Purple box.

4 expertise pts

75 silver.

/trolled by funcom
    I did not believe that anything can be worse than 75 silver . But it turns out that it is possible
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Best box ever

Purple box.

4 expertise pts

75 silver.

/trolled by funcom
    If I get a box like that in a few days, I'm definitely not doing any more challenges going forward.

Funcom, stop with the lottery box crap and give out guaranteed loot on your boxes. The only "lottery" component to any and all boxes in game would be for special items like pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    If I get a box like that in a few days, I'm definitely not doing any more challenges going forward.

Funcom, stop with the lottery box crap and give out guaranteed loot on your boxes. The only "lottery" component to any and all boxes in game would be for special items like pets.
    Yep, I'm getting sick of Funcom's obsession with Lottery Boxes these past few years.

yeah i was kinda of shocked to not get any shards.. just garbage.. i mean getting the 60 daily chores was no big deal, but still.. to get 4AA pts and 75 silver?? whats the point..

They need to be able to convert AA pts into something.. Like Portent relics .. The current system of 5 years to get all 14 pets is silly, considering the drops from purple boxes are crap. usually tokens.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Simply unacceptable to do all those dailys and get no shards.

I can't even imagine the thought process that goes into that....

"Hey, let's have them do all these daily chores, then at the end of it, let's give them something that is utterly useless."

"Won't that infuriate the player?"

"You're right. Let's not only give them nothing useful, let's throw in a troll as well. Good thinking, Johnson."

Whats moronic about the AA pts in the box, is it takes a minimum of 12 days to do the 60 chores. So even under the most optimal setup thats 12x24=288 hours. Every 18 hours one can get 1 AA pt by timetraining. So 288 hours is 16 AA pts.

So at a MIN you should get 16 AA pts (not that I want that), but 4pts is such an abomination and embarrassment to funcom..

SHAME ON YOU FUNCOM FOR PUTTING GARBAGE LIKE THIS OUT.

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Simply unacceptable to do all those dailys and get no shards.

I can't even imagine the thought process that goes into that....

"Hey, let's have them do all these daily chores, then at the end of it, let's give them something that is utterly useless."

"Won't that infuriate the player?"

"You're right. Let's not only give them nothing useful, let's throw in a troll as well. Good thinking, Johnson."
    It would not be bothersome to me at all, if it were stacking like a token system or like the login rewards, thus rewarding daily playtime. But even if it is not hard to do (though try getting unchained and purist on fury), it is enforced content not only with cooldown, but also with resetting features (which can be annoying, depending on where you live and what you do for a living).

The content as it is now, has a LOT of wasted time (the troll aspect?) potential...you work on it for 3 weeks or more and then either for technical reasons or real life you get a state where you simply can not finish it. That is not a design i would have chosen, because it is not customer friendly or doing what it should do (bringing people together ingame). Sure on paper it can look that way, but now you can be more focused on the chores than playing together on any content.

If they would remove the stress aspect (no resetting progress or token based rewards depending on the challenge you do (e.g. 1 for daily, 5 for weekly and 10 for monthly), it would be fine side content to me, even with basic or lottery rewards. More challenge types (additional challenges you can do only once/week or once/month would work as well to get rid of the deadlock (point of no success).

As "in your face" content, it fails for me (got no incentive to even keep doing them...the tokens i want are far too rare or not in it as rewards and the real life implications are too severe). As it is now, it is far too much of a lottery for real life time spent on it. They have a lot of options...i hope they adjust or do some of the suggested fixes soon. If you just want atlantean shards, you can get some from the blue boxes already, i had hoped for more from the epic boxes too...like the guaranteed non lottery rewards being more than coin and AA xp.

I'd like some part of the daily challenge system to include raid bosses. Maybe a weekly counter for killing 15 raid bosses, and give purple box for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I'd like some part of the daily challenge system to include raid bosses. Maybe a weekly counter for killing 15 raid bosses, and give purple box for that?
    Only if raid finder bosses are not included and the purple box loot was changed to give out useful items.