Thread: AA Advancement - Points vs Time

Default AA Advancement - Points vs Time

Hello all,
    I just resubbed for a month to try out the game again after such a long time. Would it be better to set my AA adv. to time or leave it on points? For extra info, I'm a lvl 80 Bear Shaman.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomicuniverse View Post
    Hello all,
    I just resubbed for a month to try out the game again after such a long time. Would it be better to set my AA adv. to time or leave it on points? For extra info, I'm a lvl 80 Bear Shaman.
    Thanks
    They're not mutually exclusive. In general it is always best to have the time AA ongoing, since in that way with the passage of real time you get AA points (one every 18 hours).

If you want to speed up a perk which you're time training, you can simply spend the points you're still missing from the ability you're currently training (it shows how many you time-trained and how many you still need in the hover tooltip) by just clicking on it, provided you've the AA points stacked, and the perk will be awarded instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    They're not mutually exclusive. In general it is always best to have the time AA ongoing, since in that way with the passage of real time you get AA points (one every 18 hours).
    OK, great, thanks for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post

If you want to speed up a perk which you're time training, you can simply spend the points you're still missing from the ability you're currently training (it shows how many you time-trained and how many you still need in the hover tooltip) by just clicking on it, provided you've the AA points stacked, and the perk will be awarded instantly.
    YUP having been a sub, i can guarantee that using timer to rank an AA and then using points to finish them off is an extremely fast way of ranking up your skills.

If you have just started i suggest using points to get some of the easy lower tier ones and then using timer to get the expensive higher tier ones. That way you can get started on fleshing out your skills pretty early. It will be a boon for when you start raiding or doing pvp.