Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Update 5.0 Consolidated Feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemer View Post
    RAIDFINDER:

If you sign up as raid leader, but there is already someone signed as raid leader in the queue, will you then be prevented from getting a spot in the first raid?
    From my experience, doing raidfinder raids, it seems that nobody signs as a raidleader. Some random gets picked and then the lead gets passed from the one to the other. And i saw many experienced raidleaders they easily could lead those raids. Seems like they wanna have a relaxed time too.
    Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen, aber schon sehr viele vom Barhocker.

You can sign as raidleader and end up not being it, and my guess is because someone else did too and the system randomly chooses one between those who signed as raidleader.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    ...And i saw many experienced raidleaders they easily could lead those raids. ...
    Why should they? If they want to lead a raid they form a normal one, where they have the the tools to actually lead a raid, and people who actually want to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Why should they? If they want to lead a raid they form a normal one, where they have the the tools to actually lead a raid, and people who actually want to raid.
    I don't blame 'em, in their place i would do the same.
    Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen, aber schon sehr viele vom Barhocker.

After doing a few more raid finder instances over the last couple of weeks I've noticed a stark number of things that could be improved on. Sorry if these things have been suggested already, and if they have, consider me as adding to your voice.

1. I notice that there is a major lack of cohesion and teamwork at these events for the majority of RF raids I've attended. People run ahead and do their own thing with little regard to the 23 other people in the raid. For instance, I attended 6 RF instances last week for t4 Chamber of Lost Dreams, in all but one instance of it, people ran forward, aggro'd mobs before half the raid was loaded in/moving around, then someone would go and hit the boss before mobs were down, and this was on both Strom and Saddur. When we got to Mithrelle, someone ran in and hit the boss with half the raid outside of the fighting area, and some troll had brought in mobs as well. No instructions were given in any of these raids, though multiple people asked. On the flip side, I have done three of the t6 Seal of Cetriss raids and each raid ran smoothly with instructions being given, game plans being made. This needs to happen more often. It's great when raids work smoothly. Therefore, my first suggestion is to have a tactics box pop up when you sign up for raid finder. It is a tool that people who want to learn will use.

2. I noticed last week and in previous weeks a high number of afkers in instances. I would enjoy seeing an auto afk timer, where if one is afk more than 5 minutes, they get automatically kicked from raid and someone else who has signed up takes their place. The Secret World has this with their version of worldbosses, and I think it makes better sense to impliment it here in Raid Finder than it does to impliment in our worldbosses.

3. A raid strategy box should be implimented to whomever ends up leading a RF instance. I noticed in many cases that over half the people leading the raid were clueless and either passed lead to someone else or kept lead and just ran around listening to someone else who took charge. In the info box could be info on how to pass lead as well, as many times I saw the person who got raid lead had no idea on how to give lead to someone else.

4. It is fine to nerf the encounters of the bosses in these raid finder instances, but tactics should be kept the same as their regular raid encounter. Raid finder could be a great asset to those who want to learn but cannot necessarily get into higher tier raids because their guilds are stuck living in t2 and t3. This will also help make raid finder palatable for veterans who are horrified each week as the see what changes have been made to bosses.

5. Decrease the amount of shards that drop per box in these encounters and add a small amount to their regular counterparts. For instance, no one should be getting 50 or more shards at a time from a single box, and adding a small amount to regular raids will help give people an incentive to run regular instances.

6. Only give t3 tokens during t3 RF week and make amounts that drop appropriate. In regular raids you get 1 token per boss and the same should hold true for RF encounters. T4 should be dropping t4. T6 should also drop t4 due to the fact that it is so new still.

7. Impliment an auto kick function that you must get at least 16 votes on. This makes it easier to get rid of trolls attending these events. This also makes it easier for newcomers to stay in raids. If you get rid of the trolls, you're left with the people who will actually take time to teach.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeinah View Post
    2. I noticed last week and in previous weeks a high number of afkers in instances. I would enjoy seeing an auto afk timer, where if one is afk more than 5 minutes, they get automatically kicked from raid and someone else who has signed up takes their place. The Secret World has this with their version of worldbosses, and I think it makes better sense to impliment it here in Raid Finder than it does to impliment in our worldbosses.
    TSW doesn't have any kind of afk timer for their World Bosses. They have a really lousy mechanic that just makes sure you are executing actions for a specified period of time. This has lead to all sorts of problems with people missing out on loot for various reasons when they weren't trolling or sitting afk. I for one don't want to see that system from TSW come here to AoC.

A much better solution is the vote to kick in Raid Finder raids.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    TSW doesn't have any kind of afk timer for their World Bosses. They have a really lousy mechanic that just makes sure you are executing actions for a specified period of time. This has lead to all sorts of problems with people missing out on loot for various reasons when they weren't trolling or sitting afk. I for one don't want to see that system from TSW come here to AoC.

A much better solution is the vote to kick in Raid Finder raids.
    I would argue with that as I've tested it on Flappy bird raids.

I stood afk chatting on steam and was auto kicked for not hitting the boss. Unless they've changed something, I believe that counts as a 2 minute auto kick from the raid and instance.

Flappy is an instanced raid not a world boss in TSW. The event golems are more equivalent to a world boss and their anti-afk mechanic can and will screw you if you die at the wrong time and can't get back in time before the boss dies if it isn't near a res point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    Flappy is an instanced raid not a world boss in TSW. The event golems are more equivalent to a world boss and their anti-afk mechanic can and will screw you if you die at the wrong time and can't get back in time before the boss dies if it isn't near a res point.
    Have they butchered it lately? I did golems not that long ago and you would get credit even when boss died when running back from rezz or if you crashed before kill.

(not mentioning WBs in TSW go much more smooth thanks to community and instant meet-up on any player)

Quote Originally Posted by Xeinah View Post
    I would argue with that as I've tested it on Flappy bird raids.

I stood afk chatting on steam and was auto kicked for not hitting the boss. Unless they've changed something, I believe that counts as a 2 minute auto kick from the raid and instance.
    Are you talking about the auto-kick when standing up on the branch in that one specific raid instance? From what I remember of the original event it is based on, you only ever got kicked for staying on the branch. Dropping down to the fighting platform was all you had to do to stay in the zone afk.

That was/is also a special case, for only one Raid boss zone. It isn't the case for actual World Bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Have they butchered it lately? I did golems not that long ago and you would get credit even when boss died when running back from rezz or if you crashed before kill.

(not mentioning WBs in TSW go much more smooth thanks to community and instant meet-up on any player)
    They changed it for the Anniversary World Boss event at the beginning of July.