Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 5.0 Consolidated Feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by xuankr View Post
    hi! just want some extra info about the raid finder system.

The 1st time i killed toth on raid finder i recived a epic box, but didnt recive it anymore, so my question is:

when You will recive this epic box?:
    -Once per day.
    -Only the first time that u complete the raid.
    -Randomly

Thanks.
    That box came from the quest, which I think is weekly. Which means if the schedule rotates in a fixed order, you can get that quest and box again in 9 weeks.

Can the "daily login" reward only be claimed by first toon u log on? and if so how can u call it back up? I didnt claim then logged on back but the claim window didnt come back again

Tehre really should be a detiled xplanation how the new "loyalty rewards" and log in rewards works... heck how all the new things work. we're having to find out for ourselves, getting confused, misintrpreting things!!!
    Last edited by Anzu; 1st July 2016 at 10:57.

Which Unchained Dungeons count toward the 01/ Purist or Unchained Dungeon part of the Daily Challenges? I did The Forgotten City in Khitan (Unchained Solo Dungeon) and didn't get a completion for the Daily Challenge. Do Solo Unchained Dungeons not count toward the Challenges?
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Only group unchaineds count.

Quote Originally Posted by xuankr View Post
    hi! just want some extra info about the raid finder system.

The 1st time i killed toth on raid finder i recived a epic box, but didnt recive it anymore, so my question is:

when You will recive this epic box?:
    -Once per day.
    -Only the first time that u complete the raid.
    -Randomly

Thanks.
    Its on your quest cooldown: once per week

• Membership Update
      This was a huge nerf to membership value. At first glance it can appear good, till you look at the new "systems" introduced and what the loyality awards are. They are epic only on paper. Offline levels are gone without valid compensation. Membership does not give a lot of gilding tokens, so there is no real compensation for the loss of bonus funcom points (this would be different, if the shop was different). If you want vanity, you go grinding daily challenges now, not sub. The date of 31th of july to spend compensation funcom points without adding all the products and accountwide buy options back to the shop is insulting and again...a huge nerf (even with a million points the subjective value can be nil, if the shop offers nothing of value for ridicolous prices). The boosts are nice while levelling, but as said countless times, do not add value for veterans (even f2p veterans). Also lost payment options are not added back, so no incentive to sub. Loyality rewards should be called different, because they are not retroactive (or do you plan to update them from time to time, including funcom points or veteran points in them?). Loyal players from the past are getting the boot. You had all the options, you failed.
    • Free-to-play access changes
      As said already, this is one of the few unargueable good changes. Have not tested all access yet. But without the old shop options and lower prices, it will not earn you constant money Relying on lottery and addiction should not be a working business model for a serious company (especially when you destroy the other alternatives).
    • Raid Finder
      Not tested, does not sound or look good from the description and existing feedback. As it is i am not tempted to try, but might when time to loose.
    • Challenges
      Works smooth and looks good at first glance. But having 20 kills adding the same value as a full purist run is just ridicolous. Would be different, if the challenges were weighted and more. Why not include crafting, raids, solo unchained, epic open world content and normal group instances in them (scriptwise, you can make it depandant on epic boss kills or epic mob kills)? Or let some (like winning a mini or doing an unchained group or normal raid) add more than 1 point. The problem i see here designwise is, that it will benefit only focus on one char (either levelling or grinding, for this they are a nice addon!) and it is basically grind/lottery content again. The easily doable ones seem to be only money. I fear the later ones are overpowered. They might limit gameplay in the long run designwise, with the focus on purist and unchained dungeons...making it harder again to find people for non-mainstream content.
      The rewards look charwise and are awarded automated (no player control), so exactly what i feared. This can become a curse, not a boon for people with many chars or fuller inventories.
    • Login Rewards
      Not accountwide, not useful. Seem to work smooth. Way too few gilding tokens to count. Maybe you can as compensation for the charbound challenges let each charlogin give some synergy with challenges as well or give an update each time you log in a char you have not used that day already. So, if you play and log 10 chars/day you will get not only one progress...or simply make some of the rewards accountwide for each char (like the gilding tokens). As it is now, it is far from any valid compensation for the loss of shop options (as a blow to your income from the shop and as a blow to char customization options).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 1st July 2016 at 04:32.

The lack of gold increase is meant to get you to subscribe.
    The lack of gilding tokens is meant to get you to buy boxes.
    I level a toon, I'm presented wit a shop entering Tortage, then again at 20, then 50. After that I missed any more prompts because I haven made it further (or just bumped a toon or two up to 80).
    The increase to XP gain isn't really incentive to sub, as I can simply grind the XP in a powerlevel anyway, whereby you already hit the maximum gain XP cap.
    I log in on a subbed account, and I am presented the shop window. I am also presented the daily rewards window to which I've already claimed.
    I click a greyed AA in my AA panel and I am presented with a shop window.
    Shop shop shop!

And what on earth is that ugly and irrelvant pet in claims? The Abominable Cthulhi.
    A crown? A golden Crown....you guys are turning this game from the kill or be killed in to a lolly (candy) shop FB game for children.

As was said before, you've not really provided much incentive to actually sub except to raise the gold cap to buy the couple peices you just ground for. A spider mount (straight out of Neverwinter, like most of the cash-shop grabs) but nothing really to play. The new 'content' are poorly rendered shop interfaces and 'pets'.

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    T...
    Yes, i forgot the constant spamming. Remember in 2009 you could login and play? On a windows xp, all you needed was a somewhat decent connection and a good graphic card with memory. Now i have to wait (loading and network spy time, making it a lot slower to start playing, even with far superior hardware) for something to open i need to click away asap anyway And misclicking can really mess things up now (more waiting, security issues).
    But on positive side, funcom was true to the char slot promise. Nothing changed in the amount of playable chars, it seems. No need to unlock all again as f2p.

I like some of the changes for levelling and concentrating on one char, but i know that i will neither benefit from them or like most of them in the long run...just the raid finder and shop greed will not create more t4+ able players. For this you would have to look at overall game balance and progression, not just money and random giveaways (cost of items when it comes to rares and tokens as well as ingame conversion methods). If you look at the design balance of crafting (solo/group grind), pve (solo/group), pvp and immersion, this was not a balanced update and might be worse than all the pve focus the second GD did, but for this we can wait and see...
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 1st July 2016 at 04:34.

Raidfinder:

- The concerns regarding 1 person wiping the whole on purpose are basically a bit of panic. In the current raid (T3 Upper) thats only possible on the puzzles (locking them while adds just popped), but the amount of players who are really out for that is very small. The raids aren't too tough for non-communication raids. Thats mainly because also full geared chars "have to" do them and the dps just stealrolls the mechanics.

- The rewards are much too good. You can get Dragon Tears out of blue boxes. I think the raid finder will kill all T1-T3 normal raids, maybe affect T4 normal raids even.

- its quite ridiculous that you cannot even see how many ppl signed up. And it should be 6 tanks, 6 healers and 12 dps. If you get 2 or even 3 low geared, non-skilled tanks in the raid (didnt happen to me, but will happen for sure, that raid is screwed.

- Membership bonus: unfortunately the amount of rare trophies isnt boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Makes Bori look reasonable by comparison, just trash from this joke of a company, and indirectly forced to do it by having it drop dragon tears and buying awesome rings. What are they even trying to achieve with this garbage?
    Well, my sentiments exactly. At least 500+ of my offline levels have finally been removed. This is a great change! Someone has listened to my feedback. Daily rewards feel like Bejewelled: log in to get something for free. Remove them. Raid finder: remove it or remove the crazy rewards. Membership bonuses are repelling: I would never wish a 30 % boost to PVP or PVE experience or extra rewards to dungeons and raids; luckily, my membership expired in March! Yay! Way to go, Funcom!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 1st July 2016 at 05:14.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.