Thread: Best Gem to use for shillelagh of Soggoth Bear Shaman PVP

Default Best Gem to use for shillelagh of Soggoth Bear Shaman PVP

Hi evryone!

Whats the best gem to use for shillelagh of Soggoth (t3 crafted 2H blunt) for BS in PVP.

in advance thank for the help!

/Lornzz

3 combat rating gems is typical some put protection gems in em also. I'd go with the extra hitting power makes it the strongest weapon in the game.

108 combat rating is additional 3 dps. Hit a tank with 50% mitigation and this 3 dps turn into 1.5 dps. A target with only 33% armor and it will increase 1.5 dps to some powerful 2 dps.

One protection gem offers 167 protection vs holy OR unholy damage. I believe that's above 2% additional protection. Assuming your opponent does 1000dps, with gem you will receive 980 dmg instead.
    The other protection gem offers 144 vs cold, fire, electricity. That's 1.9% additional protection or so. My values come from memory, check out the real values yourself.

If you are convinced you will never meet a mage in pvp I would definitely go with combat rating gems. 3 of them at once together will give almost 9 extra dps vs a naked target. This will kill your opponent so much faster. Protection gems are only useful in such rare situation when your opponent does magic dmg.

Yellow - Divine Benediction or unholy protection gems.
    Blue - multiple elemental protection gem.
    Red - rare gem - with fire proc

Quote Originally Posted by Aett View Post
    Yellow - Divine Benediction or unholy protection gems.
    Blue - multiple elemental protection gem.
    Red - rare gem - with fire proc
    isnt the fire proc some funny pathetic dmg dealer?

Anyway, I went for Divine for yellow, protection for blue and 18 const for a red...I kinda never found stacking combat rating usefull in PvP...except duels, but those are kinda dead and arena is fail...so, staying longer alive and deal more hits with a lit bit less dps working way better for me (any melee char can be counted in).

Default Thx for help guys!

Thx for the feedback guys! I went with all 3 combat gems, i will see how that work, mybe i will change to som prot gems l8r. I have alot of imunity soo more dmg is better for me atm=).

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    isnt the fire proc some funny pathetic dmg dealer?
    I think it is better then 144 hp.

It is very very small chance to survive having less then 144 hp. And therefore this 18 con gem practically do not work.

Thing about sigil (fire proc) is that it's a world particle if Im not mistaken, and you can abuse this by causing other players to suffer drop in fps or lags when it procs.

As for other gems, 144 hp or 3 dps, it's just preference. There is nothing wrong with extra 18 constitution, as a matter of fact, it's probably the strongest, when you consider BS has healthpoolissues when using Sogoth.

Other slots blue triple prot gem and Divine topaz stand out. Yellow protection gem is decent too.

All this hypocrite crap about gems and stats while all you guys are using soggoth because of the bugged white hits which make it a completely op weapon.