Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4k??? Anyone have a fix or UI so I can actually READ chat!? LOL

Default 4k??? Anyone have a fix or UI so I can actually READ chat!? LOL

Just got a 40 inch 4k monitor and sat down to enjoy some amazing Hyboria...That is until I logged in.

The UI and CHAT are soooo small!!! I've tried IKOS UI and strange, but is there anyway at all possible to enlarge the text?

Dying here! Help

Kyloth

Hello!

You can try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q89zhndc2e...Fonts.xml?dl=0
    just paste it in age of conan/data/gui/customized/

Or, if you are the adventurous type of guy, you can try Strange UI 4K version, which is unfinished: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nmdwpk8e1iq2cs/4k.rar?dl=0
    Just unrar in age of conan/data/gui/
    If you decide to give it try, please send me a PM with your feedback to help me finish it

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Hello!

You can try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q89zhndc2e...Fonts.xml?dl=0
    just paste it in age of conan/data/gui/customized/

Or, if you are the adventurous type of guy, you can try Strange UI 4K version, which is unfinished: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nmdwpk8e1iq2cs/4k.rar?dl=0
    Just unrar in age of conan/data/gui/
    If you decide to give it try, please send me a PM with your feedback to help me finish it
    ...unfinished. But you're still posting....dare I ask, you still floating around?

It might sound weird but even if I don't play anymore, I still enjoy tweaking UIs

Plus...I kinda like the community

Misterclean you are the MAN!!!

THANK YOU!!! And if you don't mind me asking...why don't you play any longer???!!!

Thanks sooo much,
    Kyloth

You're very welcome

Well...after 8 years playing, I guess I just lost interest hehe

Hey MisterClean,

Ok so i'm now messing around with your beta 4k UI. There is a problem though with the "fonts" themselves. I have tested it WITH your UI and WITHOUT. The font file that is being dropped in to enlarge is causing an error.

I've had this multiple times. Have tried everything I can think of to fix it but no avail. The error is:

Age of Conan ConanDX10LiveWin32v4.10.0@557791 has stopped working. I was getting it pretty heavily at second boss in T4 dungeon enimity when the large "font" scrolls across the bottom of the screen. Otherwise its random and can be anywhere from 1min to 1hr later.

It boots/kicks your from the game and you are forced to reload/restart the game.

Issues:
    1. the Inventory/character screen is at the BOTTOM of the screen. It clips off the bottom of the inventory screen and backpack. Perhaps move it or have it open differently?
    2. The arrow scheme is all horizontal. I prefer verticle bars as I can put them next to my character. ***ALSO*** You have them with some other things "see thru" background. The problem is 4k screen is already so very small its way way to hard to see them as it is. Perhaps put the background back in?

Also, any chance you can teach me how to change the "load" intro screen from the chick to like a barbarian picture or something???

thanks again for all the hardwork,
    Kyloth

Ok, so it has to do with the "size" of the text I think when talking to mainly "quest givers" ect. I've got one that its doing on non-stop. The arena, sparring grounds. Cannot take or get the quest. Soon as you speak to her. ERROR. and kicks.

Kyloth

*UPDATE*

I gave up and returned the 4k. LOL I'm just gonna stay happy with your strange UI and using 1080p.

Kyloth

I am really sorry. 4k is rather hard to master for me....especially when I don't have one myself

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast