Thread: List of Dungeon Tactics Threads

Default List of Dungeon Tactics Threads

Here is a list of threads presenting the tactics for the dungeons in Age of Conan. All credits where it's due.

PVEr's Guide to Game Logic: Dungeons and Godslayers
    Khitai 6-man Godslayer Mode Triggers (K6GS)
    Tactics for Levelling Instances

If you think other threads should be in this list, post a message here explaining why or send me a PM. If your thread is here and you don't want it to be listed, send me a PM.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Woo-hoo! My thread is listed! Thank you, Anzu! Sadly, everyone is probably in instant T3 gear now, killing World Bosses. They do not care about challenge anymore.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 1st July 2016 at 05:15.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Yay! My thread is listed! Thank you, Anzu! Sadly, everyone is probably in instant T3 gear now, killing World Bosses. They do not care about challenge anymore.
    ......what ever will we do with a server full of T3's gimps....oh yeah, make them feel bad by coming to a T4 in Kblues and showing them how it's done. Then they rage quit =D
    Last edited by stiiixy; 30th June 2016 at 13:02.

Default Concise Understanding of Tactics both Visually and Verbally

Great thread,

I would like to know more specifically about terminology and descriptions for tactics phrases and visual indicators. I've still not caught on to things many may consider basic. They may be reasons not important to some but reasons I think are far more common than realized. UI set-ups hindering distinguishable Que or use may be a main contributer. Another reason being terminology disarray or misuse altogether by a host of diverse gamers.

I struggle in seeing and understanding clearly distinguishing differences in “tic, stack, dots, seals, runes, ruin, buff, debuff, spells, and etc...”. I assume many terms are being intermingled but it does beg to question since I've yet to find clarification. I can see the X¹-X¹º over some spells but usually only the ones that do not require my attention being just feat specs.

I know what a Joust is but I am confused on many other tactic terms, especially in a more technically dependent fights. I know what a cc is but there are many other acronyms I an not certain on. Don't get me wrong, I can usually get by by paying attention in fights but I would like break that “getting by” stage. It would also make a huge difference in correctly using AA's or key spells.

Shouldn't PoM's Holy Cleansing take care of Po-Sha's spells in Kang Pagoda?

Any suggestions for reference on things like what to look for visually and AoC terminology and acronyms? It's been only recently that I could actually see what is going on visually through IKOS UI, hence the learning curve gimp.

tks
    Main Characters
    Abanathabla - Mimisbrunnr - Nanditipha - Purohita

Quote Originally Posted by Purohita View Post
    Great thread,

I would like to know more specifically about terminology and descriptions for tactics phrases and visual indicators. I've still not caught on to things many may consider basic. They may be reasons not important to some but reasons I think are far more common than realized. UI set-ups hindering distinguishable Que or use may be a main contributer. Another reason being terminology disarray or misuse altogether by a host of diverse gamers.

I struggle in seeing and understanding clearly distinguishing differences in “tic, stack, dots, seals, runes, ruin, buff, debuff, spells, and etc...”. I assume many terms are being intermingled but it does beg to question since I've yet to find clarification. I can see the X¹-X¹º over some spells but usually only the ones that do not require my attention being just feat specs.

I know what a Joust is but I am confused on many other tactic terms, especially in a more technically dependent fights. I know what a cc is but there are many other acronyms I an not certain on. Don't get me wrong, I can usually get by by paying attention in fights but I would like break that “getting by” stage. It would also make a huge difference in correctly using AA's or key spells.

Shouldn't PoM's Holy Cleansing take care of Po-Sha's spells in Kang Pagoda?

Any suggestions for reference on things like what to look for visually and AoC terminology and acronyms? It's been only recently that I could actually see what is going on visually through IKOS UI, hence the learning curve gimp.

tks
    a buff is usually the term for a positive effect on a player, yourself, or an enemy. If a boss enrages he has an enrage buff, for example. Or if you use blue heal with your pom with Holy Vengeance feated, you get a buff, self-buff, damage-buff. Litany of Protection is a group-buff, or intermingled as a group-protection, if you play tos, bs, hox, necro, demo, you should know why.

a debuff is the opposite, a negative buff. For example the negative debuff you recieve when spellweaving, or when your use Avert Thine Eyes on a boss for the ruin-debuff.

And here is what you need to learn, there are 3 types of damage mitigation debuffs. and when a raidleader says "debuff" these are the mainly the ones he's reffering to:
    Torment (stacks to x5, removes armor or protection equaling to ~-10%)
    Wrack (-10%)
    Ruin (-15%)

And they all come in 3 types:
    Elemental (fire, electrical, cold)
    Spiritual (holy/unholy)
    Physical (crushing, piercing, slashing, poision)
    so you need to check what type of damage your class is doing, and what type of debuff you can provide.
    There is a thread about this also.

When someone refer to a stack of something, Im guessing it's either:
    Torments, get a x5 stack
    "stacking" mobs up together, so it's easy to hit them all.
    Or some class spesific stack skill, which you probably shouldn't have to worry too much about! When you play a tank, you'll have a passive stacking mechanic.

When it comes to runes, it's a bit messed up, cause the Bear Shaman for instance has 3 different spells that are "runes" of something, but all have very different effects. So if run into a bear shaman and he's referring to them ask him which one, and what it does. Then there are the passive runes all players can have running. Either way, they don't mean much.

Seals... I don't play necro, so not sure if necro has a seal of some sort, but afaik, only DT has a seals, where one of them has very limited use, the other one is an AoE agro tool! Maybe sometimes you'll hear a DT say "I don't have seal up", meaning he can't agro multiple mobs spawning very well.

A tick a damage instance from a dot. The DoT is ticking with the clock, to put it in a silly way. DoTs also go by as debuffs for some, cause in a way they are, but I think this is intermingling.
    A tick of damage can also refer to what a boss is hitting you for, or how much environmental/aoe dots are hitting for. "this boss is ticking me for like xxxx damage" or "this aoe ticks for 2500 dmg, and I have 45% protection, OMG"

Heals over time, "HoTs" also tick in.

Excuse me if I pointed out something that was too obvious, but you never know.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 20th November 2016 at 08:55.

Has anyone made a Slithering Chaos guide yet? I haven't played in a good while but I'm feeling the nostalgia now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Has anyone made a Slithering Chaos guide yet? I haven't played in a good while but I'm feeling the nostalgia now.
    https://cynarablog.wordpress.com/

Excuse me if I pointed out something that was too obvious, but you never know.

Not at all Lurvi, many thanks!

I'll keep digging for things like this...
    Main Characters
    Abanathabla - Mimisbrunnr - Nanditipha - Purohita

Quote Originally Posted by Purohita View Post
    Not at all Lurvi, many thanks!

I'll keep digging for things like this...
    If you are interested to dig deeper I can recommend this excellend thread: forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?181006-Damage-for-Dummies

By developing a comprehensive understanding of what everything does and how it all ties together you can improve your dps a great deal. Keeping half an eye on debuffs and buffs at all times, you learn what is most effective at any given time by optimally taking advantage of synergies.

For some people this all comes natural because they learn by an immense ammount of trial and error what works best. You get to skip all that effort if you understand the principles behind the mechanics.