Thread: Ironswill Recipe

Default Ironswill Recipe

Where do I get the Ironswill recipe?
    I read somewhere that has a specific quest, but do not know what is !!!

it drops from iron tower HM, but not a guaranteed drop..
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    Thanks!!!

I was locate this text too:

FIRST OF ALL: make sure you are capable of crafting lvl80 alchemy food, also make sure you have all needed materials to craft ANY of the available lvl 80 food.If you are an Alchemist and have the Pristine Rock Salt you hand it in to the Iron Cook in Iron Tower. Now on the right side of his table there are a few plates with stuff on them you can click, then some bags in front of the table, the jar of water next to the oven and the pot on the fire pit. Click all of them, doesn't matter what rotation, just make sure you are USING the item. When you have done all this you will have a new food item in your inventory, click this to start another quest and directly hand it in to the Cook. He will now give you a quest that you can neither Share nor Cancel, it will have a 2 min countdown and he wants you to craft (probably a random)lvl80 food and then hand it in to him.Hand it in to him to receive the recipe Alchemy: Ironswill

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    do u have to have a single yeti bile when u walk into the lightning or can u just have a stack and 1 will turn into energized yeti? bile

Quote Originally Posted by JoKoR View Post
    do u have to have a single yeti bile when u walk into the lightning or can u just have a stack and 1 will turn into energized yeti? bile
    Both work with a crystalized flux but one instance can only make one. Make sure you walk deep enough into tree to trigger it.
    Last edited by henryabccba; 9th May 2016 at 23:25.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Okay, so most of the posts here are half-right and mostly wrong.

I'm gonna wing it off memory because I did this 3 years ago and beer has absolutely no effect on me whatsoever. I swear.

Ironswill is not a 'drop'. It's a crafted item. And it CAN be quite a long and complex and sometimes frustrating experience completing it if you dont have the right stuff with you to do this in one run.

Quest Starter - Obtain the Purple Lump

Anyway, the very first thing you ned to even start down the road to Ironswilling is obtaining the little purple plastecine lump thingy from the final challenge (4 Golem guardians). It used to be a 50% drop rate. HM or Normal I can not remember (HM is pretty easy and beneficial anyway....look up the strat). Moving on when you get your first little purple lump (oh, sthtop iiiit), you can go and talk to the Iron Chef who's on a floor way back down below, but above the ground floor. Can't miss him, he's got food stuff around him.....you may need to actually click the purple lump if it's in your inv. Also, I can't remember if you actually need T3 alchemy skill to get this started, but would be a wise endeavour to have completed prior to attempting an Ironswill run. You certainly could get a jump-start on the whole process by simply hitting those Needs on that lump (at least TRY to be an alchemist before needing). That's the hardest part.

Quest Finisher - The Iron Chef Challenge

This bits even more hazy for me, but I'm up for the challenge, *eat's a spoonful of concrete and harden's the f&^k up* and tell you what I know! You need to craft for him, I think two or three items in succession, some basic food items. You have only a set time to get them completed before you fail the challenge. So, empty your resources bag and have as much alchemical stuff as possible in there ready for Tokyo-Bento-Sushi goodness. I believe you should have spare slots with alchemy. Be sure to pick up crystal flux (pretty sure that's meth....) and you should have yeti bile prior to starting the first run.

Anyway, if you have all the ingrediants, it's a simple matter of crafting what he wants (a recipe from your book...yeah pretty sure you need T3 Alchy) and when you've completed it, you become a....I forget. Probably nothing. I think he hands you the BoP Ironswill recipe....

Energised Yeti Bile

NOW! Here's the clincher and the bit that has broken up groups. You need to energise that yeti bile. You only get to do it once before the lightning column is 'discharged' and then you need to get to the top again via a whole new instance. So, declare beforehand if you intend on energising. It's also a Bind on Pickup item, so only alchemists really should be the only people doing it. You can also 'energise' yeti bile before actually obtaining the quest, or even alchemy. It's good to do so to save wasted runs because it is a long run, at least for new players, and Ironswill's still a valuable potion to this day. It's just disrespectful to charge your bile if someone else is trying to the do the same and actually has the recipe etc.

Anyway, the process; simply stand against that lightning charged column you've been stunned by the whole way up. It's in the middle on the top-most floor. It hasn't moved since the basement =) Keep getting 'hit' until you see whatever chat-tab you have for system notifications (I think it's system anyway) notify you that you've energised the bile. I also forget the exact phrasing, but it might take several 'hits' to charge the yeti bile. You also likely have a golem or two punching you in the kidney's so CC them to buy more time. Hopefully you left the whole group back out behind the two door's.....so, when you die, the fight will reset and hopefully a priest can get to you (it's possible for ressing, or you courteously died somewhere convenient for them.

Crystallised Flux/methampethamine can be obtained from a crafting vender in the GC (Guild City) or crafting zone (PLS, Poi or LP....Purple Lotus Swamp, Poitain, Lacheish Plains). Yeti bile are teyi's, creels from other mobs and the trader.

Enjoy. And feel free to set my filthy unthruths straight, because I'll probably need this guide again some point.