Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    I purchased all of the sub time I have during promotions, so the 12 month option that includes 3 free months always worked out to about $6/month ($99/15 months = $6.60). $15/month wouldn't be that much either for a game someone plays regularly, unless of course that someone has to ask Mommy to increase his allowance. The concerns about selling power in the Store are legitimate but all of the complaining about the Membership terms is very petty.
    This value is highly subjective. Of course you can spend more money on a night out with friends or less with a very good single player game. This is not for you to decide and judge (if it is of value enough for you, fine. Still you waited for a good sale as well and did not pay it monthly for a higher rate). I already explained in other threads last year, why a longer subscription has drawbacks...just ask those who resubbed for 12 months early before this incoming change.

These changes so far represent a true value/money reduction, so far from petty. And the last thing funcom needs now are annoyed customers or a lawsuit (even if they win it! on the other hand it can be seen as "change of contract" and might be valid for an immediate subscription cancelling with money compensation). I am not saying that they can not change membership models or that it would be a bad idea, but you can not nerf it (or deliberately turn it into a lottery and put customers under pressure for rewards) without giving in return. You need to have a working plan for the transition and when in doubt better go in customers favour, especially if you are in funcoms situation. You can not experiment, if you are responsible.

They said themselves that they will reduce the new subscription price (at least for first month), which is good, but still requires some kind of objective compensation, unless you want to risk loosing customers over this (e.g. real money...and last time i checked funcom needed money, right?). And these are not "potential" customers like f2p, this meddles with the core of the companys income (a subscription model that sustained and paid their bills (yours too?) for years).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 19th June 2016 at 19:38.

Which is about $15 USD per month.
    Which is double your previous post staying that its $6 usd a month, which is pretty false even when it's on a sale without any bonus time being added.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    Which is double your previous post staying that its $6 usd a month, which is pretty false even when it's on a sale without any bonus time being added.
    The 12 month sub has always offered 3 months bonus time. $99/15 = $6.60 USD
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

The 12 month sub has always offered 3 months bonus time. $99/15 = $6.60 USD
    False.

That special runs twice yearly, and I remember buying in the past with no extra time during a sub offer special.

$99/12= $8.25

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    False.

That special runs twice yearly, and I remember buying in the past with no extra time during a sub offer special.

$99/12= $8.25
    Yep, you are correct.

There is something else no one has thought to talk about. With Funcom changing the Membership system to the "Loyalty Rewards" based on subscription time, I expect Funcom will stop having the twice yearly sales where they tack on special items to get people to up their membership. There is a significant chance we won't see any more sales, and so we will be stuck exactly at whatever the new price for the membership becomes.

Default Teleport Token

Yes, teleport helps in getting to some places especially when riding across aggro mobs is not an option.
    But 15 token every month is an overkill.

I am seeing that the 15 free monthly teleport token are not going to be consumed, especially when there are many mode of fast travel available. In a year, people will have like hundreds of teleport token sitting in our inventory.

Suggestion is that funcom instead give us members 900 bonus FC points monthly instead. Give us the choice of what we can spend our membership perks.

Just my thoughts and suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoden View Post
    Yes, teleport helps in getting to some places especially when riding across aggro mobs is not an option.
    But 15 token every month is an overkill.

I am seeing that the 15 free monthly teleport token are not going to be consumed, especially when there are many mode of fast travel available. In a year, people will have like hundreds of teleport token sitting in our inventory.

Suggestion is that funcom instead give us members 900 bonus FC points monthly instead. Give us the choice of what we can spend our membership perks.

Just my thoughts and suggestion.
    don't underestimate people's laziness
    meh...

and I just canceled my sub.... no more to say, I can pay for content - and raids are minor content for me... give us a reason to sub, aside from the gold cap ( I bought all what I need....so ....) what about fargotten dungeons? (thurga? ymirs temple) more unchaineds? factions for old world/dragon spine? new AA ? just revamp old zones? so difficult? regular Isues in TSW still coming up without problem... so ? you want to kill this game in favor for Exiles?
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-Zarathustra View Post
    and I just canceled my sub.... no more to say, I can pay for content - and raids are minor content for me... give us a reason to sub, aside from the gold cap ( I bought all what I need....so ....) what about fargotten dungeons? (thurga? ymirs temple) more unchaineds? factions for old world/dragon spine? new AA ? just revamp old zones? so difficult? regular Isues in TSW still coming up without problem... so ? you want to kill this game in favor for Exiles?
    In case you didn't noticed:

Developement is done since 2013. Nothing new will come, maybe the dungeon finder but that is something ported out of TSW.

Remove the f2p gold cap completely. What's the point of having khitai addon, if every single piece of gear there costs 10+ gold. 30% monetary gain on premium members sounds great to me.