Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Taking away veteran tokens and offline levels still isn't the best thing. I hope they rethink those elements.

Veteran tokens were the reward for subscribing and being used on the veteran vendor for free stuff. I for one, can no longer stand moa quests. The veteran vendor is the only resort for moas.

Everything is being centered around that damn item shop.

What more are you going to take away? Its also laughable to make it seem like getting DS for free is some extra special affair!
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Consumables will be a part of some of the free Login/Challenge rewards that are coming up. We understand your concerns about the prices.
    Since we have little info on what exactly the login and challenge rewards are I don't know how common they will be but if they are so common that we don't have to worry about the prices in the shop if we play regularly I fear it will unbalance classes even more.

+7% crit is absurd (5% already was too much) and really shouldn't be the norm.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Ok cool. I'm still slightly confused now though. The way it works now is that I have 12 slots or so but as F2P I can only unlock about 3 or 4 I think. The rest are locked until I go premium again.
    So will it persist in the same stats as it is now or can I unlock as many characters as I have slots?
    You may unlock as many characters as you have slots, yeah. Membership currently adds 6 and will add 7 once the changes go live.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

(...)
    Membership will now grant the following:

• A passive 30% bonus to PvE and PvP XP, including AA for as long as you’re a member.
    • +7 Character slots. New, Free accounts made after the transition start with 1 character slot by default. All existing accounts will keep however many slots they had.
    • Unlimited gold capacity.

Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live.
    (...)
    30% bonus..pvp xp...mhm dissapointed,this should be permanent change to pvp and not only to members and even 30% not sure if enough to fix the pvp grind fest.
    Didn't we had always 7/8 slots and free accounts 2 slots ? :S
    Unlimited gold capacity was always a premium thing though...no increase of gold limit or even removable from free accounts?
    Offline levels being removed...so much sub time going to waste...at least give something in return,depending on the amount of offline levels removed.

(...)
    An active membership will not be required to enter *any* content you have already purchased. This means any Rise of the Godslayer or Dragon’s Spine playfield, including associated raids and Unchained dungeons. Dragon’s Spine will be sold separately in a new content pack. If you are an active Member at the time the new system launches, we’ll give you the Dragon’s Spine pack for free!

(...)
    I have to say i'm a bit skeptical and confused,why make Dragon spine a separate content pack?I mean in my head makes no sense,maybe because i was premium for years but now there is no ways to sub(so not premium since those payment methods cuts) and this is made into a content pack which "never" really was...err confused.
    I was expecting something better tbh,considering the store prices.

I seriously cannot really see a benefit to veteran players.
    - Increased AA and AA XP gain is useless if you're max level with all the important AAs maxed out.
    - Teleport coins are not all that useful if you have the achievement teleports.
    - "Boosted Tokens" -> Not sure what that will mean. But personally, I doubt I'd pay money to get more tokens in a raid. That's pay to win imho.
    - Increase to faction gain, again, is not all that necessary for veterans.
    - AA over time form level 20 - nice and all, unless you're at level 80 already.
    - Additional AA per level - see above.
    - Additional Character slots. If I understand the post correctly, one doesn't lose what one has. That is okay. But there's no advantage in paying then.
    - Increased Quest Journal capacity is nice, but not worth money.
    - Unlimited gold capacity is necessary for some things, but one player per guild or a guild bank would work fine for most purposes.
    - No bonus points...
    - Daily login rewards apparently are given to f2p and premium alike. Also, I wouldn't pay money to force myself to login to a game every day.
    - Access to raids and dungeons will be available forever if you pay for one single month at the right moment.
    - Veteran bonus item... uhm... that would need to be a real world crystal meth dispenser or sth. similar to be worth the money, I think. Or maybe a car. Again, paying for power items with real world money at least isn't my style.

If I may make a suggestion:
    - Stay with the b2p concept. It's appropriate for the age of the game.
    - Revert the prices to what they were before the patch. Cut the "things are worth more now" crap. We all now it's cow dung. In my opinion: Lower the prices to 10% or something. It's micropayment.
    - Put the "account wide" option back in.
    - Switch the premium membership system to a Funcom point subscription. Buying points straight up costs more than paying for a subscription where you get the same points over a longer period.
    - Either put all the stuff (pets, social armor and so on) back into the shop or include an option to buy gilding tokens for Funcom points.
    - Add more and more stuff to the shop. More social armor. The various cloaks, funky potions, pets and other social stuff given away in all the events.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

• "A passive 30% bonus to PvE and PvP XP, including AA for as long as you’re a member."
      Only a bonus if the standard gain is not nerfed.
    • "15 Teleport Coins, per character, each month for free."
      Can't judge this, people who actually use them have to decide, if this outweights the outrageous price policy on the shop.
    • "Boosted Token gains from Raids, PvP and Khitai areas."
      Only an advantage, if the standard gain is not reduced.
    • "A passive 30% increase to all faction gains."
      Only an advantage, if the standard faction gain is not reduced.
    • "The ability to unlock Alternate Advancement perks via time, starting at Level 20."
      That is a good change.
    • "An additional AA point per level gained."
      In addition to the 1 point we already get as subs?
    • "+7 Character slots. [I]New, Free accounts made after the transition start with 1 character slot by default. All existing accounts will keep however many slots they had.[/I"
      That should better be true. People will make screenshots.
    • "Increased Quest Journal capacity."
      This should be the same for all, same as inventory.
    • "Unlimited gold capacity."
      Will the f2p gold capacity change?
    • "Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live. We’re aiming at June 30th; this date is subject to change, but you should use your offline levels by then, as there will be no way to recover them after the changes go live!"
      Will there be a way to convert them into some other currency? (like char slots, boost pots etc.)
    • "Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership."
      With shop prices, they better should be. Or offer monthly gilding tokens. Somehow you need to offer something with subs that lets players CHOOSE what they want. Loyality rewards better be something i can choose, not something funcom chooses!
    • "Veteran Tokens are no longer gained with Membership, but players will keep what they had and may still use them at Veteran vendors. Instead of Veteran Tokens, Members will be enrolled in The Loyalty Rewards program. This offers awesome new rewards for our Members at 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360-day tiers, including a brand-new mount type as the top-end reward. Additional rewards will be unveiled every 6 months."
      Will it be retroactive for current subs and f2p? For example a player from 2008 till 2015 should have 7 year loyalty bonus, shouldn't he/she? How are veteran points going to be converted (or all lost?)?
    • "We are also implementing a daily login reward and challenge system which will grant various rewards for free, including consumables, tokens, AA XP, and more."
      Will there be differences between f2p and subs?
    • "An active membership will not be required to enter *any* content you have already purchased. This means any Rise of the Godslayer or Dragon’s Spine playfield, including associated raids and Unchained dungeons. Dragon’s Spine will be sold separately in a new content pack. If you are an active Member at the time the new system launches, we’ll give you the Dragon’s Spine pack for free!"
      How does "house of crom", "Amphitheatre of K." and the Kheshatta instances fit in? So if i buy the basic AoC these should be free in the future, including all raids up to t3?
    • "Membership and Rise of the Godslayer are no longer required to use the Alternate Advancement system."
      That is a good change and years overdue (should have been seperated from the start).
    • "And, last but certainly not least, we’re going to have a new price point for the 30-day membership. More info to come."
      Sounds like a good idea, since imo you did NOT increase sub value.

What changes in total are planned for the f2p system? What about resource restrictions and bank restrictions? What about chat restrictions? If you do not unlock them at least think about reducing or unlocking them for players who are "registered", e.g. have had a sub in the past.

Personally i stand by what i wrote in the other thread. Even with these changes (and sometimes because of them), i do not see any reason to resub or spend money in the shop as f2p. I like levelling my chars and i like taking my time with no real interest in endgame (though interest in challenges and pvp). I also like the gameworld, so any expansion for reasaonable pricing would increase the value of playing or even subbing, if the sub money would go to actual game expansion.

Also, the current shop does not bode well for design changes or future designs. How can we be sure, that certain shop only boosts will not become mandatory for content experience in the future (like potions for example)?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th June 2016 at 21:47. Reason: Shortened the post

You may unlock as many characters as you have slots, yeah. Membership currently adds 6 and will add 7 once the changes go live.
    So in a few lines what would the value proposition of premium membership be to a player like me and most of my in-game friends? Unless strong 1000g+ items appear in in game (T5/T6 crafting?) I don't need my gold. Everything else it offers I already own?

I'm not trying to be a pain in the behind and I'm happy that I don't have to spend money on AoC anymore, but studying business economics I'm just trying to make sense of this from a companies point of view.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    30% bonus..pvp xp...mhm dissapointed,this should be permanent change to pvp and not only to members and even 30% not sure if enough to fix the pvp grind fest.
    Didn't we had always 7/8 slots and free accounts 2 slots ? :S
    Unlimited gold capacity was always a premium thing though...no increase of gold limit or even removable from free accounts?
    Offline levels being removed...so much sub time going to waste...at least give something in return,depending on the amount of offline levels removed.

I have to say i'm a bit skeptical and confused,why make Dragon spine a separate content pack?I mean in my head makes no sense,maybe because i was premium for years but now there is no ways to sub(so not premium since those payment methods cuts) and this is made into a content pack which "never" really was...err confused.
    The XP boosts are a passive increase so long as you are a member, and are always on. It's not a consumable or anything like the Blessing of Asura.

Free accounts currently get 2 slots, and then +6 for Membership (for a total of 8). New accounts made after the change start with 1 slot and get +7 for Membership, for a total of 8. I have to check with the account admin tomorrow at the office about how exactly that'll work for existing accounts, just to make certain of details before I start saying one thing or another.

Offline Levels being removed is something we know not everybody is going to think is awesome (as is the case with any feature that is removed), but I think it'll be better this way in the long run.

If you aren't a Member now, you can't access Dragon's Spine, nor RotGS zones beyond Gateway to Khitai. If you are not a Member when the changes go live, you may purchase the DS pack for some amount of Funcom Points (price TBA) and then you'll have access to those playfields + raids forever, regardless of your Membership status. If you're a Member when the changes go live, you get Dragon's Spine for free, and then if you decide Membership isn't for you, you may let your Membership lapse but still access the zones. I hope that makes sense.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

And having the vet tokens go away is bad.. After using them to switch factions for Achievement points, I was looking to switch a few back to the factions I like for their pots etc. However I'm almost out of them and having to grind faction endless is not fun. Also the bonus vet tokens we got each month for being a sub helped the pain of grinding Imp Insigs.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

The XP boosts are a passive increase so long as you are a member, and are always on. It's not a consumable or anything like the Blessing of Asura.

Free accounts currently get 2 slots, and then +6 for Membership (for a total of 8). New accounts made after the change start with 1 slot and get +7 for Membership, for a total of 8. I have to check with the account admin tomorrow at the office about how exactly that'll work for existing accounts, just to make certain of details before I start saying one thing or another.

Offline Levels being removed is something we know not everybody is going to think is awesome (as is the case with any feature that is removed), but I think it'll be better this way in the long run.

If you aren't a Member now, you can't access Dragon's Spine, nor RotGS zones beyond Gateway to Khitai. If you are not a Member when the changes go live, you may purchase the DS pack for some amount of Funcom Points (price TBA) and then you'll have access to those playfields + raids forever, regardless of your Membership status. If you're a Member when the changes go live, you get Dragon's Spine for free, and then if you decide Membership isn't for you, you may let your Membership lapse but still access the zones. I hope that makes sense.
    I have RoTGS though,turan...what about Vanaheim?(didn't bought this one,don't like the fact that acessories from faction are bound to a class).Also Vanaheim was 1100 points before now costs 1750....
    My problem is what i said in PM to you,so i'm kinda frustrated that i want to pay but i can't cause the method i used to pay is not available anymore.
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 13th June 2016 at 21:43.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast