Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Hey, all.

We understand some folks have expressed concerns about Membership they've already paid for well in advance, and how that will factor in with the Bonus Points that would have been gained from that. After some discussion, we're going to perform the following:

When the new Membership system goes live, Members will gain a lump sum of Bonus Points equal to however many they would have gained from the old system, up to the end of their cycle date (rounded up). For example, if you had 6 months left on your Membership when the new system goes live, then you'll gain 1200 Bonus Points (200BP * 6mo) to spend in the store.

There will be a limited window to spend these points, please keep in mind.

I hope this helps alleviate some of the concerns folks were having. Let me know if you have any questions!
    That is good. A first step. Good job finally starting to do the right thing here. Though really, at current item shop prices, either the member-only sales should be around 70% off items, or you should create a new monthly stipend much higher than the old 200/month. Account wide options are still a must for the item shop.

Will the limited window be the standard 6 months? Or is it going to be a mystery and any day they will just go poof?

Next up, do the right thing for Offline Levels. It is unfair and unethical to simply delete our Offline Levels.

You are getting closer to making this membership revamp not a total scam, but you aren't quite there yet.
    Last edited by tapwater; 15th June 2016 at 20:29.

I typically buy 10 of the 4 hr +crit and +dmg pots per month (5 of each).

These would normally cost me 450 points per month. Since I got 200 points monthly, I was actually spending 250 points per month. When I'd get low, I'd buy more points.

Now it will cost me 2000 points per month and since we don't get monthly points, the net is still 2000 points per month.

So it would cost me 1750 more points now to do what I used to be able to do.

Funcom, unless you plan on having a daily claim for both these pots, surely you can see the wtf we are all looking at?

I doubt many raiders are going to be willing to spend that much just on potions for raiding.

Again, TSW gets free points for their subs: why not Funcom? And why raise the potions that much? Just put the old ones back in at the old price then those who want the bigger potions can pay the inflated price, please.

Default Somethings Good Some are Bad

I am so happy that f2p is getting the cap off the gold.. this is something they have needed for a long time .. it is only fair then have a chance to get things off of the trader and not have to wonder how they will do it.. I have had some f2p friends who I have stood and taken the gold and they would come back with another alt to give more so it could add up to get what they needed.. I am very happy for this change..
    I am happy that they will now be able to go to places to do quests, and or World Boss when in a zone they were not able to do before.. I am happy of all the good the f2p will be able to do now.. there are a lot of wonderful f2p people.. I think very highly of a lot of them I have had the pleasure to meet talk with get to know and become friends with some are now like family to me...

What I am not happy about is the loss of offline points for vets, nor the lost of the 2 specialization.. we need these.. our builds are made so that for different things we can swap out the one for the other...
    I am not happy about the fact that they are taking away what came with out subs as in Vet Awards will no longer be given,, I get around 1764 or maybe a little more a year.. This is where I go and get my xp pots, horses, basic training, then swift horse and advanced training.. paths to start out as a lowbie player.. pets that were in the vet awards.. you name it the moa's other tokens .. a lot of this has been one factor that helped charm some of f2p to become subs.. because of the extra's you could get .. it was a wonderful system that should not be lost..

Another things that is not so great is ... the prices in the shop.. ok.. most of us get the crit, Mana , and or Stamina, also the Magic damage.. rez potions .. at 45 per potion was awesome.. because they were there and we picked what we wanted and used.. they were affordable.. For one thing you pop these when your starting to fight the WB.. and have to wait at times up to an hour for wb to come (when he is on his coffee breaks) that is time running on the potions... there is no stopping the pot or a reactivate hahaha... it was ok then.. at that price.. tho at the price of 175 per potion to just sit and run out.. well we can't afford that.. it is hard when real life bills and things take most of your money each month..

The game is my fun my escape from real life problems for a while .. it relieves stress .. Rez potions are also a problem at this 200 points price.. the 18 points were awesome.. If you want to charge top line prices for your top of the line gear fine... if folks have the money then they get it... some of us work hard to keep what we have as in real life.. (hum should I buy the new outfit for my daughter or funcom points? )... you know who I will pick and it isn't funcom points... Some will still pay.. we others can't... You had said there will be potion and things dropping.. Will they be random or for our class? Would be very nice if they were for the class that is played and not like the ones you get when you are doing the destiny quest .. which end up getting deleted out of your inventory because you can't use them...

I would also like to know if these daily log in rewards will also be for your class and on each alt? getting one reward on 1 alts just doesn't really make up for the loss we Vet prems you are taking away.. or will you make it so it is account shared.. which would be nice if we would be able to have things we could send to an alt if we can not use them on the alt we get them on...
    that would work great for those who can play all classes.. I myself only do casters and healers....

So many things to take into account when dealing with a lot of people .. I understand this.. I had been in nursing for over 20 years.. and also worked other jobs dealing with the public .. First and foremost their should be respect on both sides .. of this coin.. I know your job isn't easy either... We as vets for the most part respect you for trying to come up with things for us.. Some do not see the things you have done in the past to make changes.. Yet there are some of us that do so and thank you for what you have tried to do ...

I would ask if I may .. let the shop go back to the old way it was as in most prices... like I had said before if you would like to sell gear at a higher price go for it.. matters not to me..
    seeing that I am one in many who some changes are affecting .. please rethink what you are planning.. I love this game I have since launch when I took my first step on the beach... hear the music.. began to fight.. I fell head over hills for this game.. I still love it after all this time.. I am and lot of other have been faithful in our support of the game.. even through all the bugs .. some that are still not fixed ..we still remain.. Yet we need you to also be faithful to us... in truth I would hate to think of how much I have over these many years spent in the game and online shopping... because it is home .. away from home... our own world .. our friends who some we look at as family.. I can't believe the vanity things were sent to the guiling vender *heavy sigh* you know a lot of folks love to use vanity.. but charging a lot more for it is not the way to go... most is bought when you enter Tortage... come in game please watch see .. play.. you would be surprised really you would... if you only listen ...

Just one other thing please .. stop the auto pop up of the online shop.. If we want something when we lev we will be happy to open the window ourselves.. this is not very polite to try to fight not only a mob but also a pop up spam...I made a new alt.. soon as I hit lev 5 Boom in the face.. I hit 30 on another Boom in the face... no this is not very nice... we are grow ups we can hit the tab if we want something new for our alt hahahahaa.... or add a option if we want it to pop open...

There are other things ..

I would like to see happen here, also things I would so very much like to be left alone.. Put yourself in our place.. walk in our boots .. sit here and read how we feel.. listen to your people...
    We who love this place we stand united... we have been faithful... you are the other part of the couple.. please stay faithful to your other half who are the gamers...

I thank you all for what you are trying to do to make it a better home for us... just don't toss the baby out with the trash.. step lightly on your supporters.. we do have hearts... we do have feelings.. we are a passionate community... please do not let us down..

Quote Originally Posted by belair1955 View Post
    I am so happy that f2p is getting the cap off the gold.. this is something they have needed for a long time .. it is only fair then have a chance to get things off of the trader and not have to wonder how they will do it.. I have had some f2p friends who I have stood and taken the gold and they would come back with another alt to give more so it could add up to get what they needed.. I am very happy for this change..
    except, the unlimited gold is for p2p only and there wont be any change on that 10g cap for free players.

I was terrible at math in my last years in school :P

Odonoptera i hope you guys realize that giving whatever sub was left x 200 pts still doesn't make sense.For the simple reason everything is overpriced compared to the old shop where the 200 bonus points were spent.Logical thing would be to be consistent and either reset shop prices or multiply the amount of points to match the increase in prices.

Also one thing you guys should have at least tried to do is to make the sub gains retroactive at least for one year back since this is the max of the loyalty rewards cycles if i got it right.I understand there are "coding" and other implications but yeah,should have at least tried and maybe even explained why that wasn't possible.I d buy anything from coding to billing info and whatnot to "need to go case by case" and we cannot due to the amount of workload.Any other way and someone who was subbed consistently for that amount of time before this time is entitled to feel ****** (insert your random word of preference).

Random fact :i logged my GW2 account this weekend .I had about 10 minutes of playtime on it,my char was like level 3 ...i got the retroactive loyalty rewards for 2 years...in a game not running a sub feature at all.HMMMMM

I ll wait for the final sub revamp to come out .As things stand though and with pay2win in the shop i know i am not using the shop or buying a sub again after my current sub runs out.

Default Oh My ...Sad to Hear I was Mistaken so Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Lene View Post
    except, the unlimited gold is for p2p only and there wont be any change on that 10g cap for free players.
    I am sad to hear that... yet for those who I have helped before, I will continue to help if they need it..

Is it because of the gold spammers? and that online fail aoc shop? that is always spamming.. that this is being left undone for f2p?

So sorry peeps I was wrong.. tho thought I had heard it said was being done for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    So you want to say that bonus point refund for 6 months of AoC memberhip time is equal to 1 month of a regular TSW monthly membership bonus points?

While inflating the prices in AoC item shop.

How come TSW players have so much better deals, while their game is actually being developed unlike this one?

Why can't you just give the same amount of bonus points to AoC subscribers monthly as you do in TSW? That would be the only reasonable and fair option for AoC memberships. It would be at least attractive to both veterans and new players. Lets face it Age of Conan is not getting any proper content like TSW does and our subscription is not going for any new content either, and we all know it. But can you at least respect enough the veteran population in this game by giving lets say 1200 monthly bonus points for being subscribed?

We don't need AA's, we don't need EXP boost, we don't any of those points from the current membership offer.

Also remove pay2win boxes from the game. Many of us explained you already why it is not doing any good.
    Actually the boxes on store atm aren't pay2win as there was someone who bought 60 of the "t5 boxes" and got 0 t5 pieces,boxes are total lottery and nothing else as the gear you get from them you can get in game,now you can say is pay to progress faster.
    Now one of the things that are actually pay2win is the 7% crit pot which can't be obtained in game and that's what pay2win "means",which is stuff that affect gameplay but can't be obtained in game except from store with money.

When the new Membership system goes live, Members will gain a lump sum of Bonus Points equal to however many they would have gained from the old system, up to the end of their cycle date (rounded up). For example, if you had 6 months left on your Membership when the new system goes live, then you'll gain 1200 Bonus Points (200BP * 6mo) to spend in the store.

So you want to say that bonus point refund for 6 months of AoC memberhip time is equal to 1 month of a regular TSW monthly membership bonus points?

While inflating the prices in AoC item shop.

How come TSW players have so much better deals, while their game is actually being developed unlike this one?

Why can't you just give the same amount of bonus points to AoC subscribers monthly as you do in TSW? That would be the only reasonable and fair option for AoC memberships. It would be at least attractive to both veterans and new players. Lets face it Age of Conan is not getting any proper content like TSW does and our subscription is not going for any new content either, and we all know it. But can you at least respect enough the veteran population in this game by giving lets say 1200 monthly bonus points for being subscribed?

We don't need AA's, we don't need EXP boost, we don't any of those points from the current membership offer.

Also remove pay2win boxes from the game. Many of us explained you already why it is not doing any good.

EDIT: reposted again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Actually the boxes on store atm aren't pay2win as there was someone who bought 60 of the "t5 boxes" and got 0 t5 pieces,boxes are total lottery and nothing else as the gear you get from them you can get in game,now you can say is pay to progress faster.
    Now one of the things that are actually pay2win is the 7% crit pot which can't be obtained in game and that's what pay2win "means",which is stuff that affect gameplay but can't be obtained in game except from store with money.
    I agree about those 7% crit pots and they should be available in game as well, but just the fact that they're giving a chance to obtain some high end gear with real money is terrible.
    Last edited by Anzu; 15th June 2016 at 21:08.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

I hope this helps alleviate some of the concerns folks were having. Let me know if you have any questions!

so, as I am subbed until mid-January '18 - which will be 18 months rounded up when the revamp comes live (start of July) - I will get 3.600 bonus points, correct?
    - which I have to spend immediately, otherwise they're lost - correct again?

the new shop in its current state does not really contain much worth buying at the moment, with probably (hopefully) more to come
    - but that's nothing I could spend those accumulated old bonus points on, as I need to spend them before that, I bet!

Why can't you just add those bonus points to the account's regular funds and forget about the "limited window to spend those points" and rather
    let US decide, when and what for to spend them on!?

p.s.
    actually - as many others already stated - that calculation makes no sense without compensation for the massive price inflation!
    - If this offer was halfway fair, it should give us 4 times the old bonus points, as that is the increase of the most popular items!!