Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

These membership changes are intended to standardize membership rewards across all Funcom MMOs: AOC, TSW, and AO. Removing offline levels and Veteran Points is part of this process.

None of the changes are that dramatic except for selling T3 to T5 items in the Store. If someone is willing to spend enough money, that player will only have to grind for T6 items. Most people will not pay for the necessary number of Royal Treasure Chests to obtain a full T4 or T5 outfit but T3 can be had for about $60 USD automatically. There doesn't seem to be much left to work for unless AOC is planning on releasing T7 later this year or next year.
    Last edited by Radicaltop; 14th June 2016 at 19:47.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    These membership changes are intended to standardize membership rewards across all Funcom MMOs: AOC, TSW, and AO. Removing offline levels and Veteran Points is part of this process.

None of the changes are that dramatic...
    Then why are the membership rewards not standardized? (just compare the ones in this thread to TSW rewards...or do they disable shop discount and membership bonus points there too?)
    Also dramatic is subjective, depending on style. In the old shop i had something i could buy should i get points, now all the points in the world can not bring me to buy anything there that is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Then why are the membership rewards not standardized? (just compare the ones in this thread to TSW rewards...or do they disable shop discount and membership bonus points there too?)
    Also dramatic is subjective, depending on style. In the old shop i had something i could buy should i get points, now all the points in the world can not bring me to buy anything there that is worth it.
    AOC subscribers will not receive monthly bonus points and a Store discount like TSW subscribers but TSW players will not receive free items for daily logins. Funcom is now giving away the AA system, many of the consumables in the Store and other daily login rewards, and also unlocking Godslayer and Turan to everyone that owns those packs.

Memberships from those that only wanted the AA system and Khitan / Turan access are probably considerable so Funcom is now giving up that revenue. Things are being taken away but other things are being granted for free which were previous sources of money for Funcom.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Funcom

Hey all, I've updated the OP with a couple of new details:

Members will have access to special Members-Only sales in the item store.

As a show of appreciation, we're updating our policy on the Dragon's Spine pack. We will simply grant it to anybody who has ever made a purchase in Age of Conan before the new system launches!

More info as it develops, as always. Thank you for your feedback!
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post

As a show of appreciation, we're updating our policy on the Dragon's Spine pack. We will simply grant it to anybody who has ever made a purchase in Age of Conan before the new system launches!

As a show of appreciation, you should let everyone keep their earned offline levels to use whenever or if-ever they see fit.

They really shouldn't remove offline levels and vet tokens period.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post

Are you going to refund our money for those of us who supported Funcom and were optimistic enough to pay for our subscriptions in advance? Because right now it looks like I am losing nearly a hundred dollars by your changes.

I would have expected either a refund (not likely to happen but I could hope) or a rollover into the new subscription plans or at least the 'money' back in funcom points.

I don't see any mount that would be worth one hundred dollars. I have account wide tigers and camels and bears...but am very annoyed that you are basically taking my money and giving me nothing in exchange except an expectation that I am going to pay again to get what I already bought.

Not very nice. And those who know me know that I have been a big supporter of the game. Up to now.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Are you going to refund our money for those of us who supported Funcom and were optimistic enough to pay for our subscriptions in advance? Because right now it looks like I am losing nearly a hundred dollars by your changes.

I would have expected either a refund (not likely to happen but I could hope) or a rollover into the new subscription plans or at least the 'money' back in funcom points.

I don't see any mount that would be worth one hundred dollars. I have account wide tigers and camels and bears...but am very annoyed that you are basically taking my money and giving me nothing in exchange except an expectation that I am going to pay again to get what I already bought.

Not very nice. And those who know me know that I have been a big supporter of the game. Up to now.
    We hear you and folks with similar concerns. While I don't have anything to promise at the moment, we do acknowledge our members who paid for their time well in advance.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Why not also increase gain of coin from loot and quests (and perhaps even for selling items to vendors) for members?

Quote Originally Posted by artifexxx View Post
    Why not also increase gain of coin from loot and quests (and perhaps even for selling items to vendors) for members?
    That would be bad. The prices of everything would increase. F2P people already have issues with being capped and can't buy many things. An influx of gold would just make it worse.