Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

I pay for my offline levels so do not you dare touch them without any compensation.

So lets compare old and new membership benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    [*]UPDATE: Access to Members-Only sales in the store.
    Remains to be seen what these sales include, but I guess this must count as a good thing.
    [*]A passive 30% bonus to PvE and PvP XP, including AA for as long as you’re a member. This replaces the Blessing of Asura. The Blessing of Asura will be removed from all characters.
    I don't see any real problem with bonus PvP XP, but while I am sure many players will like the bonus to PvE XP I am not one of them.
    For new players it will cause them to outlevel content too quickly, reducing the experience of the leveling content. The leveling pace is actually quite good in this game.
    Old veterans who already have a character of each class maxed out will get no benefit from an XP bonus.

Those who can benefit from it are those leveling their eigth (or so) alt, who has already done every single quest and instance in the game twice or more. They will probably want to skip some stuff, but for them offline levels (which are being removed) would likely be a better solution.

Removal of Blessing of Asura is a bad thing. It provided a nice XP bonus - but only when one wanted to use it, so it had no drawback unlike a permanent bonus.
    [*]15 Teleport Coins, per character, each month for free.
    Nice I guess, but not really an improvement of the old situation where teleports were cheaper in the store and we got bonus points to pay for them - plus veteran points to buy some permanent paths.

[*]Boosted Token gains from Raids, PvP and Khitai areas.[*]A passive 30% increase to all faction gains.
    Those are nice benefits.
    I don't remember people complaining much about grinding for factions so I am not sure that ever was much of a problem, but still...

[*]The ability to unlock Alternate Advancement perks via time, starting at Level 20.
    Nice for those who don't play much. Those who play a lot won't have time to unlock many of the perks this way before they reach level 80.
    Gives no benefit at all to those who already are at level 80

[*]An additional AA point per level gained.[*]+7 Character slots. New, Free accounts made after the transition start with 1 character slot by default. All existing accounts will keep however many slots they had.[*]Increased Quest Journal capacity.[*]Unlimited gold capacity.
    I think membership already gives all of these, don't they? So no change there

Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live. We’re aiming at the end of June or shortly after; this is subject to change, but you should use your offline levels by then, as they will disappear after the changes go live!

Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership.

Veteran Tokens are no longer gained with Membership, but players will keep what they had and may still use them at Veteran vendors.
    These are all bad.
    Removal of bonus points is especially bad when you take into consideration that many store prices have been increased.

Instead of Veteran Tokens, Members will be enrolled in The Loyalty Rewards program. This offers awesome new rewards for our Members at 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360-day tiers, including a brand-new mount type as the top-end reward. Additional rewards will be unveiled every 6 months.
    I guess we will have to wait and see what these rewards will be, but a mount as top-end reward does not sound all that impressive.

We are also implementing a daily login reward and challenge system which will grant various rewards for free, including consumables, tokens, AA XP, and more.
    I am not really a fan of daily rewards - provides extra pressure to login each day instead of just when you feel like playing, but since one can ignore them, I suppose this must be classified as a good thing

An active membership will not be required to enter *any* content you have already purchased. This means any Rise of the Godslayer or Dragon’s Spine playfield, including associated raids and Unchained dungeons.

Dragon’s Spine will be sold separately in a new content pack. UPDATE: If you have ever made a purchase in Age of Conan up until the new system launches, you'l get Dragon's Spine for free!

Membership and Rise of the Godslayer are no longer required to use the Alternate Advancement system.
    This is great for all F2P players, no doubt about that. It does remove some incentive to buy a membership though.

And, last but certainly not least, we’re going to have a new, lower price point for the 30-day membership. More info to come.
    Lower prices are always nice, but we don't know yet how much lower, and I note nothing is mentioned about membership periods longer than 30 days.

All in all a mix of good and bad changes (unlike the store revamp which is all bad), but the good changes are mostly minor goods, and the bad ones mostly major bads. Some details are still unknown, but unless those unkowns turn out to be really, really, super-awesome they are unlikely to change my evaluation that overall these membership changes will actually DECREASE the value of a membership compared to the situation today

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    All in all a mix of good and bad changes (unlike the store revamp which is all bad), but the good changes are mostly minor goods, and the bad ones mostly major bads. Some details are still unknown, but unless those unkowns turn out to be really, really, super-awesome they are unlikely to change my evaluation that overall these membership changes will actually DECREASE the value of a membership compared to the situation today
    This.

Comparison to TSW: I do not know the prices of the memberships in TSW, and we do not know the new prices for AoC. Because of that we can not know how many bonus points per month,if any, would be fair.

I am still waiting for a plan for people who have gametime left. My sub runs untill september 2017. I payed more money for this 15 months then they will cost from July on, and I will get less service and things then I agreed on and knew about when I made the purchase. I am almost certain that taking away things that were part of the contract at that time is legally allowed, but it is just a bad move on customers.
    Giving at least the bonus points to us is a good first step. Of course I expect that you dump any time frame on those.

When we know the new prices I will calculate what my allready payed 15 months will be worth in "new months", and add what I am loosing on service and content. I am really curious about the gametime that will come out of that. Better have a plan ready and rolling untill then.

Funcom, you have some options now. I am waiting.

Angry

There's no reason for removing the already gained offline levels.

I'm sure I'm not alone in that they're absolutely necessary for Purist when you're on your 14th alt on a toon you don't need and can't stand playing the lower levels anymore. I don't care what kind of XP bonus I'm awarded for being a subscriber, I can't shut XP gain off and if it levels me out of the necessary bracket range for a dungeon I'm going to be really pissed. Your decisions are always geared for new players that rarely ever stay and you continue to alienate the ones that have been here and supported you since the beginning.

UPDATE: If you have ever made a purchase in Age of Conan up until the new system launches, you'l get Dragon's Spine for free!
    Asking for a new player in the guild:

What does "purchase" mean in this context? Gametime? Sth. from the item shop?
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Default Very disappointed long time subscriber

Hey all,

We wanted to take a moment to share (mostly) full details on the upcoming Membership revamp we have in store for you all.

As our producer, nophex, mentioned in the ongoing Update 4.10 Feedback thread, we’ll have a bunch of new bonuses and rewards for Members once the new system is implemented.

Membership will now grant the following:

[list][*]UPDATE: Access to Members-Only sales in the store - we already had this with the member prices
    [*]A passive 30% bonus to PvE and PvP XP, including AA for as long as you’re a member - good for leveling toons but 80's only benefit from the bonus AA xp
    [*]15 Teleport Coins, per character, each month for free - not needed with achievement ports
    [*]Boosted Token gains from Raids, PvP and Khitai areas - good, depending on what "boosted" means
    [*]A passive 30% increase to all faction gains - good, as long as the original faction gain isn't nerfed
    [*]The ability to unlock Alternate Advancement perks via time, starting at Level 20 - good for leveling toons but absolutely no benefit for toons that are already 80
    [*]An additional AA point per level gained - would be good if it were an "additional" point per level but we already get 1 point per level
    [*]+7 Character slots - I already have 13 slots with membership
    [*]Increased Quest Journal capacity - good for leveling toons
    [*]Unlimited gold capacity - already have

Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live - The way I see it, my husband and I paid for our offline levels. If we choose to use them or not, it's our choice but they should still remain ours

Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership - They have been and were a part of membership when we renewed our subscriptions and we appreciate you offering to compensate us for the time left remaining on our subscriptions

Veteran Tokens are no longer gained with Membership, but players will keep what they had and may still use them at Veteran vendors. Instead of Veteran Tokens, Members will be enrolled in The Loyalty Rewards program. This offers awesome new rewards for our Members at 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360-day tiers, including a brand-new mount type as the top-end reward. Additional rewards will be unveiled every 6 months - So, basically we have to start over with a new veteran rewards system?? That's a bunch of bunk, IMO. Why not just revamp the veteran vendor/items?? Hasn't a "veteran" been "loyal"? I would expect that anyone who has already been subbed for 1+ year would receive the 30, 60, 90, 180 & 360 day rewards on day 1 of this new program

We are also implementing a daily login reward and challenge system which will grant various rewards for free, including consumables, tokens, AA XP, and more - No real bonus if members and F2P are getting the same thing

An active membership will not be required to enter *any* content you have already purchased. This means any Rise of the Godslayer or Dragon’s Spine playfield, including associated raids and Unchained dungeons - So, as 5+ year members who have been paying to enter the purchased content this entire time, will we be compensated?

Dragon’s Spine will be sold separately in a new content pack. UPDATE: If you have ever made a purchase in Age of Conan up until the new system launches, you'l get Dragon's Spine for free! - So, as members who bought DS when it first came out, will we be compensated?

Membership and Rise of the Godslayer are no longer required to use the Alternate Advancement system - yet another slap in the face to long time subscribers

And, last but certainly not least, we’re going to have a new, lower price point for the 30-day membership - my husband and I have always paid by the year, so a decrease to the 30-day membership doesn't do much for us

That about wraps up what’s going on; if I missed anything, I’ll be sure to add on to this. I'm sure you all have plenty of say about all this, so please, again, feel free to leave your feedback here in this thread.
    Those are my thoughts. Basically, I don't see much incentive to keep subscribing. You're proposing to give F2P almost everything you can get through membership. Giving F2P full access to DS and Khitai is a total slap in the face to those of us who have been loyal subscribers for years. I suggest you re-think a lot of this. Subscribing is supposed benefit you, which I'm just not seeing .. unless you're going to offer yearly subs for $5.

Default Same question

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Asking for a new player in the guild:

What does "purchase" mean in this context? Gametime? Sth. from the item shop?
    I asked it earlier without a clear response. What qualifies you for Dragonspine content pack? Do game box purchases of Khitai or AoC classic count? How about just buying prem? Please respond FundCom.

Quote Originally Posted by jh25737 View Post
    I asked it earlier without a clear response. What qualifies you for Dragonspine content pack? Do game box purchases of Khitai or AoC classic count? How about just buying prem? Please respond FundCom.
    i believe it is as it was already told of

you just need to be premium at time the subs revamp model will come out
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

Quote Originally Posted by EmSi86 View Post
    ok thx for your answer

btw any news on how could you upgrade the current total lottery system from opening caches? as i mentioned it was just for me that ive opened 16 of those caches and sic! didnt get single epic drop while even legendary were possible ...

^^ maybe some PRG (pseudo random generator) chance would be suitable, tho not sure of exact values - you know ones that are working in games such as Dota 2 or else, it makes your chance bigger with each try of doing same thing - there its up for crit evalauting ie, so while you make each try to occure proc it will with each fail of achieving it - make kind of triers where each one and next higher one nets higher probability of this effect to happen, so thats pseudo random, instead of total random lottery like i believe there is now - and imo can drive ppl seriously mad ... xD
    any answer on this? please its serious thing imo
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by EmSi86 View Post
    i believe it is as it was already told of

you just need to be premium at time the subs revamp model will come out
    I would like to get that clearly stated by someone from FC. I sent him a PM so we shall see.