Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Rereading through the dev tracker I can't tell for certain that all the old subscriptions are going to be removed and that we would have to buy into the new system starting 7/1

But I also have not seen anyone reply back that I am wrong

So...are we losing our subscriptions when the changes go in? Or is it going to roll over so I don't have to pay again until next June?

Thank you
    I'm confused.. what makes you think that if you have an existing sub that expires in the future, that after July 1 you no longer have a sub???? Where did you get that info?
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Thumbs down

I don't think you will keep your subscription after the change, Funcom said that they are starting new and that you get 'loyalty' rewards for having time left on your subscription.

So that May time won't be usable, its all going to disappear. That's how I read things. I have til next June paid in advance. Right now I'm trying to suggest that fUncom gives those of us with prepaid time a refund, funcom points or roll them into the new subscription offers. Because otherwise we basically just gave Funcom 'free money' with no strings attached.

Except for whatever this 'loyalty program' is going to do. And I doubt it will be worth the money lost.
    Well if that is the case I am even more ticked off. Basicly if they screw my sub I want full refund for the time owed. I might stay F2P but think will just drop game completly. Got better things to do in RL.

Rereading through the dev tracker I can't tell for certain that all the old subscriptions are going to be removed and that we would have to buy into the new system starting 7/1

But I also have not seen anyone reply back that I am wrong

So...are we losing our subscriptions when the changes go in? Or is it going to roll over so I don't have to pay again until next June?

Thank you
    If you are currently a Premium member until June 1st, 2017, then after the membership revamp, you will still be a Premium member until June 1st, 2017. What changes is what rewards come with the Premium membership. (I.E. you lose things like 200 monthly Bonus points, gain 30% xp, gain the xxx days loyalty rewards etc.)

You will be no different from someone who buys a membership after the change that happens to expire June 1st, 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    From what I understand, veteran players don't have any reason to have membership after 30th june. May be they keep playing after they see rewards from instance finder or daily quests. But with such politic and with such confusing information Age of Conan start losing veteran players every day after they don't need to pay Funcom.
    The way I see it, the only point to still sub is to get rid of 10G cap, to be able to use all your characters, and be slightly faster/more convenient if you want to level an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Hey all, I've updated the OP with a couple of new details:

Members will have access to special Members-Only sales in the item store.

As a show of appreciation, we're updating our policy on the Dragon's Spine pack. We will simply grant it to anybody who has ever made a purchase in Age of Conan before the new system launches!

More info as it develops, as always. Thank you for your feedback!
    Good good,i'm happy now

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    This isn't really being "removed," but it is being shifted to the new benefit system. The quest will no longer be available. Instead, there will be a free additional spec available as a 30 day reward.

Players who have previously completed the quest but have not reached the maximum amount of specializations (5), will be able to benefit from both.
    If it is a permanent 30day reward and ALSO in the rewards for longer subscriptions...ie stacking rewards for longer subscriptions instead of unique rewards at each length of time....then OK ...

BUT as I read this....it's not a guarantee that it will be ...IF it is only there every so often when Funcom rotates it into the rewards schedule ..and not in the longer subs as well as 30-day...then NO not happy - this is ALSO taking AWAY from your LONG-TERM Vets ...it was a nice little account-wide perk that you gave to us loyal vets when you coded the ability to change between feat trees that we DID NOT have to pay extra for...now YOU ARE TAKING THAT AWAY FROM US (and it was a nice passive gift to new subscibers every since)
    ... AND nothing to indicate that it will be an ACCOUNT-WIDE reward.... my past experience with Funcom's "benefits" such as T1 PvE or PVP armour set is that it was ONE TIME ONLY CLAIM on ONE CHARACTER...

From a veteran's point of view I value from my sub:
    - offline levels
    - veteran tokens
    - passive bonus funcom points for being subscribed
    - account wide claims from subscriptions and purchases from the ingame shop - which are in my claims menu so I do NOT have to have them in my inventory
    - one free additional spec feat tree

If I hadn't asked about the free spec tree, then come new membership rollout it would have disappeared and all of us with seven new character slots who created new toons would be discovering upon leaving Tortage and visiting the trainer that THIS passive perk that we have had for several years by paying a subscription AND STILL BEING A MEMBER was NO LONGER THERE ...and once again ... NO COMMUNICATION from Funcom that it would be removed .. and no communication that it's part of a sub offer ... AGAIN STOP TAKING AWAY FROM YOUR CURRENT MEMBERSHIP !!!
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 14th June 2016 at 21:59.

hmm bonus to xp does nothing for my all my toons are level 80. most are max'in out there AA's so no hurry to do that. so still feeling like this is a chapter 11 move by funcom.

This offers awesome new rewards for our Members at 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360-day tiers, including a brand-new mount type as the top-end reward.
    This made me LoL so much.

Yeah a new crappy mount (let me guess.. will it be a rusty and partly unfinished new animal model, like last bears, or the 10th K copy of the same Tiger, with perhaps dark pink or s**t brown color this time?!?) is really an awesome reward.. that's really what will motivate me to resub!

LoL.. I have no words anymore to describe what you made of this game.. Have fun and enjoy the money you'll get Funcom, I'm pretty sure that you will milk a quite good amount of money this time, so in the end good move.
    Sadly it will be really the last money.. and in general this is really the last breath for this awesome game.. QQ.. you made me move from lol to years..
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

That's correct; we feel that the overall value of the new Membership with all its factors combined (New conveniences and perks, Loyalty Rewards, lower pricepoint on 30-day membership) has increased to the level where you won't miss the extra 200 points per month. We hope you'll agree
    Considering the increased prices in the store, the answer to that is: Hell, no! Those points should have been increased not removed.
    The overall value of the new Membership is not increased much at all - lots of things there I don't care about and is not interested in.
    The time I have remaining on my membership (which is paid for well into 2018 due having taken advantage of one too many subscription offers in the past) had better keep giving montly bonus points. That was part of what I paid for. If not I will be wanting my money back.
    Last edited by ErikT; 14th June 2016 at 22:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    If I hadn't asked about the free spec tree, then come new membership rollout it would have disappeared and all of us with seven new character slots who created new toons would be discovering upon leaving Tortage and visiting the trainer that THIS passive perk that we have had for several years by paying a subscription AND STILL BEING A MEMBER was NO LONGER THERE ...and once again ... NO COMMUNICATION from Funcom that it would be removed .. and no communication that it's part of a sub offer ... AGAIN STOP TAKING AWAY FROM YOUR CURRENT MEMBERSHIP !!!
    At this point, and with all these changes in mind, I don't think they care at all about the current players or even the game itself. This is just one last desperate attempt to milk some money from the players before the game is completely dead and ignored.

It looks like head of Funcom marketing system want to find all methods how piss off people to the point what they don't want to pay for game what they play for years.