Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Some comparison from our raid today:

If I understand the changes correctly, AoC will switch to b2p. The vets basically get the game for free. That is, to the vets, a good thing. But the way it's communicated is weird.

If a barkeep wants to throw a round of free beer, he'd announce that loudly and clearly ("All beer on the house!"). That's a message people will understand. They will come. They will drink.

The Funcom way is equal to the barkeep posting a sign in the back of his bar, a page long in fine print, that says that
    - beer prices have been increased because the beer is being sold in bigger glasses,
    - glass prices have also been increased,
    - the bar's interior has been stripped and all the furniture replaced with cheap looking second hand furniture,
    - paying customers will ocacionally get a bonus beer,
    - the buy "10 beers get 1 beer free" policy will end, but without anyone having to give back the beer already earned,
    - beer will be free to anyone who buys a glass,
    - crackers were removed from the menu, but can be bought now using special cracker tokens, two of which come free with every glass bought,
    - coasters are now 30% larger,
    - anybody who comes into the bar each day gets an additional free beer on top the already free beer,
    - anyone who bought a vodka one the day before his new free beer policy will receive vodka for free forever after,
    - the number of glasses a customer is allowed to have will be lowered, unless he pays for more glasses, but no glasses will be taken away from anybody,
    - a glass of special beer he cannot say anything about will be provided in the future to anyone who still pays for his beer,
    - and... yeah, another page of that.

Dear god. Say: "Free Beer for everyone!" It seems you're giving away something. That's a good thing. Now make people see it's a good thing!
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 13th June 2016 at 22:18.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

nice update but i need to understand this...

-UC dungeons will be sold separately?

-if my 30days account finishes exactly the day 30, will i get DS for free?

-do i have to spent all my bonus points bofere this update or they will be deleted?

overall looks very decent, why didn't you offered this since the begining? seriously...
    meh...

I just have to ask,

What was the point of telling us that premium members can have unlimited gold.. when we can already have unlimited gold? How exactly is this new?

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership.

Im done.

Really unhappy about offline levels being completely removed from the game. Rather than encouraging members to play... what is MORE likely to happen is people will purchase an instant level 80 character..and if they are expending money on that anyways then they spend a bit more and buy the T3 gear package too...and further KILL the lower level group dungeons and lower level raids ... further DECREASE the number of people out questing .....therefore THIS MOVE IS A TERRIBLE IDEA it encourages pay-to-win ...it encourages people to NOT bother leveling up characters....

On a personal level, I HATE that offlines are being removed as I enjoy leveling up my characters through questing and every so often jumping a level or 5 to move on. I'm currently getting the dungeon "purity" title on a character, but not super-focussed on this and so it's several weeks or months between dungeons and I've been using my offlines to jump between them....now you will be removing this option for me .... IF I see a purity dungeon forming for the level above my character I will NOT be able to jump her up to go to it IF the group leader is unwilling to take a character lower than the dungeon requirement ......making it harder once again to full those pre-level 80 6man dungeons....NOT a good move funcom... (before I get quoted and have it pointed out: I know that there is no MINIMUM level requirement in the groups for it to count toward purity .. that would be up to the group leader to say "no" ...but IF I can, I also like to get some or all of the quests associated with the dungeon too and I can NOT get those when too far below the dungeon level....)

I suggest instead:
    - keep current offline levels we have earned ...don't take from your customers (again)
    - as we are getting a passive XP boost, INCREASE the number of days they are members per offline earnt - eg 1 offline level for 7 days membership or 1 level for 14 days...we still get offlines to accumulate to use but at a slower level, so we will be playing more inbetween earning an offline and jumping a level, this will offset the increased passive XP.

I also suggest: put a potion ingame AND in the store for people to buy to FREEZE XP gained...another potion to decrease XP gained ...for those who really really want to level slower...this HAS been a suggestion by many. The FREEZE XP could be used by people who are the borderline of leveling up WITHIN a purity dungeon (which is why I put an instore as well as ingame option to purchase)....some players like to help in the lower level dungeons AT LEVEL ..and again these people can freeze the character at that level and re-run the dungeons as many times as they want before moving the character on. Some people do like to level up slowly and find using an XP boost to push them beyond the questing zones frustrating..and not it's not just one or two eccentrics that this has come from ...so allow them options to slow it down ...
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 13th June 2016 at 23:03.

Exactly what incentive is a 30% increase to faction gain to a 8 year vet in t4+ gear?

NONE.

Exactly what incentive is there to buy longer subs if there are no more vet tokens?

NONE.

I will never buy a sub again for ANY funcom game.

Funcom - wake up - IF people do NOT like to level up through game play and use offlines preferentially ...removing offlines will NOT make them play more...what it WILL result in is:
    a) buying level 80s
    b) what is known as "ingame power levelling" ... ie groups of consisting of at least one level 80 character and lower level characters who getting huge XP by having the level 80 kill level 80+ NPCs.. this doesn't violate the EULA as it's not for cash or done by a third-party or bots...it's players playing together but with huge level discrepencies....

Guys? Please uninstall if you don't like. You complain about EVERYTHING, maybe you don't love Keira anymore? Then just go...
    Last edited by Radek87; 13th June 2016 at 23:32.
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    Really unhappy about offline levels being completely removed from the game. Rather than encouraging members to play... what is MORE likely to happen is people will purchase an instant level 80 character..and if they are expending money on that anyways then they spend a bit more and buy the T3 gear package too...and further KILL the lower level group dungeons and lower level raids ... further DECREASE the number of people out questing .....therefore THIS MOVE IS A TERRIBLE IDEA it encourages pay-to-win ...it encourages people to NOT bother leveling up characters....
    Making people buy instant lvl 80 (with or without T3) is the exact reason why they delete offline levels.
    Funcom, it is never a good idea to take away things.
    No FC points, no veteran tokens, no offline levels....why exactly should I sub? For gold and increased quest journal (which I bet will not even be increased only in comparison to a f2p account, like it is now). Oh, and to unlock all of my toons.

Right now without any further information it looks like this is a rip off on the most loyal costumers. The more sub time we have on your account the less we will get for our money. The gametime still on our accounts is more expensive than new time bought after the 30.June. But we will get the exact same things as someone who buys time for the new, most likely much lower prices. And we loose things that were part of the deal when me bought it (no FC points, no veteran points, no offline levels). So actually we who supported you and showed our trust and bought subs are getting the worst outcome off your new membership system. That the last month off our membership time will be rounded up changes nothing, not with 12 and more months that are easily on many veteran accounts.

I have only three questions:
    1. Why do you think it is a good idea to treat loyal costumers worse than new ones?
    2. Why do you think it is a good idea to not give all information needed to judge the new membership system and specifictly hold back information that can speak to your advantage? (Free stuff from the item store, gildingingines tokens, loyalty rewards - espacially the EPIC one for 12 months, new prices)
    3. Will you think about changing anything about this new system? For example adjust the gametime left on accounts to the new prices? Or do I have to accept that I payed much more for my remainig gametime but will get less for my money?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    removing offlines will NOT make them play more...what it WILL result in is:
    a) buying level 80s
    That's the point. You don't honestly believe they give a shat if we actually play the game or skip directly to 80 right? They just want to get paid for what used to be free.

Taking away the ones we already had and paid for trough our sub is straight up theft though.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast