Thread: Staff DPS and Magic Damage?

Default Staff DPS and Magic Damage?

How does the DPS on a Staff affect Magic Damage? I assume the DPS number is just from the melee strike of the Staff and does not affect the damage level of cast spells? Otherwise everyone would just use Daggers and 1 Hand Blunts/Edge which have much higher DPS.
    Last edited by Bladesaint; 12th June 2016 at 05:48.

yes thats true, dps on weapons doesnt affect true casters like poms, toses, necros or demos at all

tho hox will gain alot of nice base dps weapon it terms of combos damage as well as dots enlargment mechanic

actually i was once thinking that tos could have some use of one meele weapon, that would be ofc 1h ibis with bels mirth gem in it, since tos casts long lasting spells like he have he could in meantime proc that gem of ibis with few white hits for additionall 1500 magic penetration which is about 20~% protection mitigation - but thats just my thoughts xD
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

I may try mixing some melee in, but probably better off just casting. If so I may switch to a Talisman and Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    I may try mixing some melee in, but probably better off just casting. If so I may switch to a Talisman and Shield.
    Don't bother melee hitting with caster weapons .. that is reserved for when being charmed/ un-charming in some instances. You'll do way more damage with actual spells.