Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ethram Fal

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    So apparently the boss still has issues.

Funcom, just disable all mechanics and make it world boss difficulty
    Can you be more specific, or are you doubling down on Pogec's feedback? Thank you!
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Can you be more specific, or are you doubling down on Pogec's feedback? Thank you!
    He was just commenting on previous feedback.. We (hes in my guild) have not looked at the boss since update and will spend time on it Monday.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Pogec View Post
    Good to hear it was easier for you this time around. Hopefully others here have similar success.

Making Viscous Seed and Lotus Fixation pick different targets should be easy since the two attacks are now linked. I haven't had a chance to look at it because things have been very busy lately, but I will make sure it's in the next update.

If anybody has any other feedback about the encounter feel free to leave it here!
    FuncomMussagana
    Designer
    Twitter: @Mussagana

Age of Conan Website

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post

If anybody has any other feedback about the encounter feel free to leave it here!
    Try to discover why we need to turn off NPC tags to avoid the lag issues after 25%, and try to increase the brightness of the room. It has been reported many times already that the room is too dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    I do have some feedback, but I forgot to make screenshot yesterday to prove how silly effects has linking seed and fixation together. And I'm not gonna leave it public, as it might ruin fun for everyone struggling to kill this overgrown weed. But it'll land in private section on TL forum.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

You could probably send him a private message also.

My feedback is already on TL.

In my opinion you needed to do 3 things to "fix" the fight in it's previous state.When i say fix i mean to remove most of the luck element and give players more control over certain mechanics :

Make sure Mortar lands if fixation was cast independently if boss went to middle or not while the timer of it was still ticking.
    Make boss restart his spell rotation from Viscious seed and not delay first fixation/mortar so much on phase transitions.
    Make mortar and seed not able to target the same person and the highest player on boss' agro list.

Now the first two can be controlled by players *easily* to an extent,the last simply made everything go to **** or was hard to manage depending on the timing.The current fix of timings between seed and mortar landing is a band-aid to that and apart from making an aspect of the fight easier in my opinion it's silly and dumps down that aspect that wasn't the real issue.
    Last edited by -Shink-; 17th June 2016 at 22:25.

Default Fight is still hard to control/

Ok funcom you made this fight harder and not easier...

In old build there was gap between fixation and seed and no gap between fixation and when scorpions spawn.. Now you made no gap between fixation and seed and decreased gap when scorpions spawn. To me its a buff to the boss. Before we were able to tip the boss before seed now its not possible which as result gives us more plants to deal with one from scorpion and one from seed. You ether need to increase the timer when scorpion spawn after seed or revert back so seed comes after fixation 10 or 15 seconds. You claim that you fix this fight yet you made this fight even more harder by giving us more plants and less time to kill scorpions between seed and next scorpion spawn. This fight is frustrating and not enjoyable as we have to deal with spells that come when ever it feels like it. I saw seed come first 2 seconds before fixation now later in the fight it goes other way around... can you make it not random please.. can you make sure so seed or fixation comes first and stay that way and not jumps all over the place.

How hard can it be. OLD VERSION WAS WAY BETTER ALL YOU HAD TO DO IS RESET TIMERS OF SEED AFTER STASIS(void) AND FORCE FIXATION SO IT COMES AFTER SEED AND AFFLICTION. You made this fight cluster **** of 15 minutes. Are you making this content exclusive to 2 guilds ? Can we fix this fight so rest of us can kill it ? or we gone to continue to listen to like 4 players who wish this content not accessible to the rest of community. Please funcom less random cluster **** in this fight. Make so each ability comes after certain ability and not jump all over the place. I get that this fight needs to be hard as it is last boss in t6 but come on give us some slack by at list removing random stuff. Make transitions between 75% 50% and 25% more forgiving.

3 Solutions to this fight pick one funcom.

1) Decrease how often scorpions spawn.
    2) Revert back so fixation comes 10 or 15 seconds after seed and reset timers after boss transitions. Also if player got fixation mortar should kill the plants even if boss already in the middle or on its way to the middle of the room.
    3) Make so no scorpions spawn when boss is in the middle or on its way to the middle.
    Last edited by armatur; 21st June 2016 at 06:38.

Ok, here's my take on what needs to happen to this fight so that more than just 2 guilds can kill it. Yes, I'm sure some will bitch and moan about the suggestions I have below, but after 6 months of no new kills on this boss, something needs to happen. At this point, I think most are tired of this fight and just want to get kills and be done with it. We can even put asterisks next to our names on the raid progression thread for not doing the original Ethram

1. Maintain the same boss cast order Ethram does from 100%-75%, even after the transition phases at 75%, 50%, and 25%. Right now after the transition phases, the cast order gets all out of whack.
    2. Viscous Seed and Lotus Fixation going off at the same time can be a mess, propose they are split up as it was before. Also have seen same person getting both cast on them so check your coding that this shouldn’t be happening. Fixation mortar should still kill live plants during boss transitions at 75-50-25%. Increase the time on the buff you get when Seed/Fixation is cast on a player, if one of the Seeds of Life catchers gets this cast on them, they sometimes have issues getting into position in a timely manner.
    3. Affliction should only be cast on 1 individual each time it is cast during the entire fight. The target for this cast should be someone in close range to the boss. The damage from affliction could be adjusted down as well.
    4. Spore Clouds – reduce their number, reduce their speed, reduce their damage
    5. Seeds of Life – remove from the fight, there’s enough stupid crap going on in this fight without another thing to worry about. Also, it ties up 1-2 people doing an extremely boring job. Also see #2 above when Seed catchers get targeted by Seed/Fixation.
    6. Scorpions – decrease how often they spawn, make sure they don’t spawn while boss is in transition phases, and even decrease their health
    7. Decrease Ethram Fal’s health. This fight takes long enough as is with plenty of stuff that can go wrong, of which any little mistake most likely will be a wipe. The longer the fight, the more chance something can go wrong.

Yes, this is a lot of changes from the original version, but enough is enough. I'm not sure about other progression raiding guilds, but I'm guessing they are having the same issues as us: plain frustration at this boss, people just fed up with Funcom and their recent item shop mess, and just people taking "breaks" from the game and/or summer vacations affecting raid attendance.
    Last edited by Texan615; 21st June 2016 at 18:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Ok, here's my take on what needs to happen to this fight so that more than just 2 guilds can kill it. Yes, I'm sure some will bitch and moan about the suggestions I have below, but after 6 months of no new kills on this boss, something needs to happen. At this point, I think most are tired of this fight and just want to get kills and be done with it. We can even put asterisks next to our names on the raid progression thread for not doing the original Ethram

1. Maintain the same boss cast order Ethram does from 100%-75%, even after the transition phases at 75%, 50%, and 25%. Right now after the transition phases, the cast order gets all out of whack.
    2. Viscous Seed and Lotus Fixation going off at the same time can be a mess, propose they are split up as it was before. Also have seen same person getting both cast on them so check your coding that this shouldn’t be happening. Fixation mortar should still kill live plants during boss transitions at 75-50-25%. Increase the time on the buff you get when Seed/Fixation is cast on a player, if one of the Seeds of Life catchers gets this cast on them, they sometimes have issues getting into position in a timely manner.
    3. Affliction should only be cast on 1 individual each time it is cast during the entire fight. The target for this cast should be someone in close range to the boss. The damage from affliction could be adjusted down as well.
    4. Spore Clouds – reduce their number, reduce their speed, reduce their damage
    5. Seeds of Life – remove from the fight, there’s enough stupid crap going on in this fight without another thing to worry about. Also, it ties up 1-2 people doing an extremely boring job. Also see #2 above when Seed catchers get targeted by Seed/Fixation.
    6. Scorpions – decrease how often they spawn, make sure they don’t spawn while boss is in transition phases, and even decrease their health
    7. Decrease Ethram Fal’s health. This fight takes long enough as is with plenty of stuff that can go wrong, of which any little mistake most likely will be a wipe. The longer the fight, the more chance something can go wrong.

Yes, this is a lot of changes from the original version, but enough is enough. I'm not sure about other progression raiding guilds, but I'm guessing they are having the same issues as us: plain frustration at this boss, people just fed up with Funcom and their recent item shop mess, and just people taking "breaks" from the game and/or summer vacations affecting raid attendance.
    I stated over a year ago that Funcom was closing out the player base by making things harder and harder and the "elite" guilds became very angry, but the truth of the matter is if content continues to narrow the field of players who can complete the dungeon and each progression making it harder and harder, then only a very few get to play the game that they are PAYING for.
    I am not saying DUMB it down, but when its created it should be brains and mechanics that can be done by competent raid groups that were successfully completing the prior dungeons. As for those ELITE guild who feel "ripped off" because they did it when it was hard I can only say your going to "elite" yourself right out of your player base.
    AOC is now a very small family and everyone better pull together and start helping each other or there is not going to be anyone to play with.
    Last edited by sugarspice; 22nd June 2016 at 04:16.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast