Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    Have fun, i don't want to play cartoonish games
    Hehe, that's the reason why I didn't play it for long.

If you want to try a more mature game try Elder Scrolls Online. Very nice graphics and atmosphere (reminds me of AoC some times), a lot of possibilities to fine tune your play style (Thieves Guild, Assassins Guild etc) and a more than fair f2p model.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    While I agree with the general disappointment, realistically the best hope of instituting a last-minute change is to provide some kind of alternative which looks equal or better from a future earnings perspective.
    E.g. "Remove the T4 and T5 tokens and replace them with XXX" where XXX is something which makes the chests equally attractive while not turning the game into P2W.
    Better suggestions to truly earn money have been given a lot already. Like lower prices and better and larger product palette (this is the very least they have to do! the opposite of what they did to the old shop).

What i miss even under the current system are proper bundles, like raiders weekly bundle, pvpers daily bundle, roleplayer starter bundle, crafters bundle, travellers bundle, theme bundles etc. etc. ...An online shop with only virtual items (no or low production value, infinitely copyable and highly subjective price options) has a lot of options and range in what it can successfully offer (and there is no "laying on shelf" effect...so the reason "we do not sell enough of xy" is invalid per definition in a virtual product shop) and unless you want to spawnspam it, it can be as complex as it can be without real drawback (but you will need a search box or categories ...like....the old shop?).

Best would be to remove lottery boxes altogether or make it a lottery between similar powerfull items. Also prices need balance there, if you offer 95% low value stuff A and 5% high quality stuff B price should be like (0,95*priceA + 0.05*priceB)/2 not like they do it atm. Balanced random boxes could be (themed cloth boxes, themed pet boxes, box of random potions, travellers box (includes a horse, a potion, some clothing) etc.

Also still no response on what items will (and even are!) accountwide buyable or not. The shop frontend still looks horrible, no search box and imo it is not even better manageable or lucid, because the icons have nothing to do with ingame icons. No preview and no artistic connection to the game as well. Something to click away asap.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 17th June 2016 at 09:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Eedesti View Post
    This right here is a great suggestion! If you design it right it will surely breath new life into the economy and increase the gold throughput.

But even that, I think the potions should be removed from PvP, it ruins the balancing effort and makes balancing virtually impossible. Scissors that should get pumled by rock can suddenly destroy rocks without much effort. Boiled down PvP is just a graded paper-rock-scissor game, where skill should and can turn the match, not wheter or not you used 200 or 15 rares points on some potion.
    Alchemical recipes of the sort that need to be acquired are already hard enough to obtain as it is. Trying to get them to drop (or finding people to help you) is difficult unto itself. Making Ironswill requires an entire run of Iron Tower AFTER obtaining your little purple lump (still a decent drop rate apparently). It's not particularly difficult once you know how, but again, a 5-stack per run makes it odeous as a crafter.

Then obtaining the materials to craft these things (look at the price of the Wild Dagga....it's prety much a cache only drop form certian level mobs) and then you look at the resultant item and wonder wtf am I doing this for? The value of the finished product is less than the value of the item's creating it all to often and so you go and burn 15S on a 100-stack of two minute pots and the cheap L80 3-way foodstuff's from the GC vendor instead.

It needs revision, but that's going to happen because everything is being fed through the bloody shop.

all the suggestions and whinings here are irrelevant as long as there are still enough morons out there who spent money on buying 30, 40 or even more of the new boxes.
    dont blame FC for being FC, blame those with a flat line as brainactivity for encouraging FC and sabotage your honest efforts to show alternatives and solutions to this mess!

Quote Originally Posted by TribunLeader View Post
    all the suggestions and whinings here are irrelevant as long as there are still enough morons out there who spent money on buying 30, 40 or even more of the new boxes.
    dont blame FC for being FC, blame those with a flat line as brainactivity for encouraging FC and sabotage your honest efforts to show alternatives and solutions to this mess!
    Sad but true. RNG lockboxes seem to be the milking cow in any mmo out there. In swtor they just cut down the items available for direct buy in the shop and put them into the lockboxes. And it seems to pay off, there seem to be enough people without self control or with too much money.

A fool and his money will soon be parted, as the saying goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post
    Sad but true. RNG lockboxes seem to be the milking cow in any mmo out there. In swtor they just cut down the items available for direct buy in the shop and put them into the lockboxes. And it seems to pay off, there seem to be enough people without self control or with too much money.

A fool and his money will soon be parted, as the saying goes.
    Unfortunately true. In TSW they have also introduced RNG lockboxes, but there at least the lockboxes contain NEW items, while all the old stuff is still purchasable directly through the store.
    (The TSW devs have said that most store cosmetic items actually don't sell much, hence the lockboxes which sell better. I guess this is true for AoC and other MMOs as well.)

No cloud without a silverlining though, since as long as there are enough fools throwing money at the store, I guess the rest of us can just keep playing the game while ignoring the store.

Attended yesterday a Free Golem Raid and saw 2 ppl in bought T3 gear (a conq and some other toon, both full T3, no part of gear was better or worse), and later in a MC PuG a full T3 Ranger (again not a single part better or worse than T3).

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post
    Attended yesterday a Free Golem Raid and saw 2 ppl in bought T3 gear (a conq and some other toon, both full T3, no part of gear was better or worse), and later in a MC PuG a full T3 Ranger (again not a single part better or worse than T3).
    Yes, it is happening, they are out there.
    Saw a guard in full T3 (no other items, three weapons all accessoires) in a "sort of pug" T1 Vistrix...he/she had no clue what to do. If it hadn't been so sad it could have been hilarious. Two new blue geared, half decent played guards out tanked him/her. And boy he/she tried^^ Glad to see he/she applied to a big, well known guild, perhaps he/she will learn how to play there. With complete T3 gear, ready for T4. Never to late, they say. The poor raidlead who takes him/her to T4 has my sympathy...

If I were put in a room with Hitler, Stalin and Update 4.10, and given a gun with only 2 bullets. I'd shoot Update 4.10 twice. =P
    Last edited by Deathsader; 19th June 2016 at 23:44.

Your game now is complete dead thx to this fail and retarded joke of item shop, no even 1 mini games going no even one 6 man, there is NOTHING to do at night USA time in your garbage game. I'm sick of log on and no find anything to do and log off 10 min after, 62 page of terrible reviews and rejection and you just like always stubborn and ignoring everything, keep going let's see how long your fail company last.