Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

More like RIP DTs who use it. When they die cause they can't swap aggro, Guards will step in ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Until now no word from nophex about my invitation.
    I think it would be better to tell him to bring one char with complete T6 equipment, full AA's and everything he can possibly get statwise. Then bring one good and experienced player on a T4 geared character and see if he feels like the T6 gear makes him able to contribute in a meaningful way compared to that player. Free gear does not help you catch up.

The recent changes feel very focused on casual and new players. While they might be the biggest source of direct revenue, (can't imagine why else someone would go out of their way so much to appease them) I bet those are not the players that actually give you the biggest benefits.

What is vital to understand is that even if there are only a couple hundred veterans left in Age of Conan and their combined memberships and shop purchases might not match the total purchases of all the new players, that the game is still build around them. They provide activity, they create groups, they teach new players things that benefit them way more then a 10% stat increase, they provide the challenge and competitiveness in pvp, they own the successful guilds, they create and lead the raids, they are undoubtedly what has kept your game alive for 8 years. Mostly everything that makes AoC successful in game is build around them and their dedication, and would crumble without them.

I feel like this is something that has been completely overlooked in your market analysis and it is as if you do not realize that when these players leave many others (read new and casual players) will not play and pay for your game anymore either. Stating that better gear will help them contribute more to higher tier raids is laughable. I know relatively new and inexperienced players in complete sets of T4 gear that literally do one third of the damage of the best and most experienced players on their class. ONE THIRD! While their stats are about 5% better the experience and skills acquired over the years allow these veteran players to contribute up to triple that of an inexperienced but overgeared player.

From personal experience as a player in one of the three most established and stable international guilds over the last five years I fear like this one might have done it. The Vanaheim disaster was mitigated by an unexpectedly fast release of T6 which made most veteran players stay even if many were insulted and did not buy Vanaheim. Now however my guildleader and long-time raidleader has left, several of our core raiders have cancelled their subscriptions and/or deleted Age of Conan. Some might come back, others surely won't. We can easily replace a player and gear him up in a mix of T4/T5/T6 gear in a few weeks. What we can never replace is 8 years and thousands of hours of experience which is infinitely more valuable then something as basic as 10% better stats. Personally I'm looking for another game to spend the majority of my gametime in too now because without them this game has no purpose for me.

I honestly don't think you have an idea of the scope of what you have done. This new membership revamp monday better be the best thing since sliced bread. If it's not I will finally have to agree with the doomsayers in global that have been telling us for the last 6 years that AoC is done.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 11th June 2016 at 14:19.

Just another attempt to milk money from gimps
    I doubt that anyone who is decent on his class will be buying potions for 200FC points
    Except one has a massive overflow of those.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by KephaPT View Post
    Edit: would like an explanation for +7 toon slots..
    What is to be explained here. Right now any premium account if you bought t least 3 (? - don't remember exact number) months of membership has access to 9 character slots. F2P has 2. 9-2= your +7.
    It's Funcom after all, so paying AoC users surely will stay milking cows. We may bet on losing access to our toons if we won't stay premium after introducing new f2p model.

And I'm not usual Funcom hater. While I still enjoy to pay now and then for TSW because I feel it's worth, then Turan was last time when I payed for AoC for some value and not be able to play with people I like.
    Last edited by bogus; 11th June 2016 at 14:24.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Game has literally become P2W the moment there is a critpotion stronger in the store than what you can achieve by playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    there is a critpotion stronger in the store than what you can achieve by playing the game.
    Sounds like pew pew
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFear View Post
    More like RIP DTs who use it. When they die cause they can't swap aggro, Guards will step in ftw.
    We, the Guardian, welcome the DT power. They are an extension of our Goad and ultimate survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    What is to be explained here. Right now any premium account if you bought t least 3 (? - don't remember exact number) months of membership has access to 9 character slots. F2P has 2. 9-2= your +7.
    It's Funcom after all, so paying AoC users surely will stay milking cows. We may bet on losing access to our toons if we won't stay premium after introducing new f2p model.

And I'm not usual Funcom hater. While I still enjoy to pay now and then for TSW because I feel it's worth, then Turan was last time when I payed for AoC for some value and not be able to play with people I like.
    Thank you. So it is the same as it happens now between Free and Premium.

Would hate to be Premium just to access all my characters.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Quote Originally Posted by KephaPT View Post
    Would hate to be Premium
    Dude, they have to do something to keep current Premium people, why are you so surprised?
    Did you waited to stop paying ? Ouch...
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Game has literally become P2W the moment there is a critpotion stronger in the store than what you can achieve by playing the game.
    Yeah that is so bad. And 200 frigging points for it lol
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by caudilloo View Post
    i think it would be better to tell him to bring one char with complete t6 equipment, full aa's and everything he can possibly get statwise. Then bring one good and experienced player on a t4 geared character and see if he feels like the t6 gear makes him able to contribute in a meaningful way compared to that player. Free gear does not help you catch up.
    this