Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post
    No but any time remaining on your sub will be converted into the new loyalty months. For example if we turned on the system tomorrow and you had 45 days left on your subscription then you would get the 30 day reward and the 60 day reward. Basically take the amount of time you have left, divide it by 30, and round up.
    Woo Hoo!!!

Membership valid until 2018-06-18 05:47:04

Yes, I really have 2 years left in my subscription.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    You know how microsoft got its name? Bill Gates' wife said it on their wedding night.
    Bill Gates was a virgin until at least age 30, so the story must be apocryphal.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    So if your aim is to let new players join higher tier raids, you have only two realistic paths:

A) nerf everything into the ground - but this leaves the good groups without nothing challenging to do
    B) create an "easier difficulty" raid instance and let this easier instance be the one used by the raid finder
    Option B is the way to handle a declining raid population so that inexperienced and intermediate players can join the raiding scene. The Raid Finder should only include a light weight version of the raids with different rewards.

I also play Dungeons and Dragons Online and their raids are Normal, Hard, and Elite on the Heroic (below character level 20) setting and then some raids have Epic and Legendary versions for character levels 20 to 30. The newer players run the raids on Normal or perhaps Hard to learn them and to get better gear, moving onto the Elite and Epic / Legendary versions later in the game. Mixing the newer players and the eight year veterans in the same raid creates these problems with sustaining the raiding community and proper character advancement.
    Last edited by Radicaltop; 11th June 2016 at 04:49.

Some of the most salient features of the current Membership system haven't been addressed at all:

1) What will happen to Veteran Points? If TSW is any indication, these will be phased out after all of the Veteran Point tokens in character accounts have been spent.

2) What will happen to the monthly allotment of 200 Bonus Points? Will the Points for subscribers be removed, increased, or (gasp) decreased?

3) What will happen to offline character levels? I can see this being removed, but I would miss this perk.

4) What will happen to the 10% subscriber discount for Store purchases?

All of the pets and mounts that were in the old Store but now no longer appear in the game should either be included as rewards in the new Membership system, be sold from Gilding vendors, or be obtainable from the new Daily Bonus system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinin View Post
    ..., if you guys were funcom you would of done the exact same thing at this point because they need fast funds for their next poop survival perma alpha game conan exiles which is gonna be a flop. ....
    No, because some people actually understand economics, math and psychology enough to not only see the only easy, short-term high risk, high POTENTIAL option. But this mainly applies only to point 1 in your list. Still even with the algorithm similar for many companies, there is no need to handle things like funcom does (you can milk gently and soothing, rough and harsh). Many people in the world lack money or are in debt, but not everyone goes the same route. Still your circle describes what an delusional addict would do, infusionn after infusion with less effect each time and less chance to get out of the devils circle each time.

You might be right about the rest of the assesment

@MagnusLL:
    Very good points coming from actual experience about the t3+ raids. I wanted to express something similar (that the design changed and affects low playerbase on high tiers far more than just stats, I really liked cins description of pve challenges, but i felt for the endgame boss fights like "could be interesting, but not my thing" or "i could never have fun doing that" or simply "wow, you would need a proper team with good connection to do that!".). I really hope they consider this, if not for the shop, then at least for the raid planner and future updates.

@Ladyhawke:
    Similar very good post. I hope reason and experience will get the better of greed and lies.

@Lene:
    This might be the most annoyance and part of the real reason for streamlining. That they want to shove the shop in your face with each login and relog, so they kind of want it to load fast, something a proper working complex shop might not do. This alone stops some customers from even considering buying.

@funcom:
    People will buy, if they want to buy. You can only trick them or enforce this at high risk and cost for yourselves (especially not at this time and with such methods), please give it up. Even if it should work short term in numbers, you will change the playerbase and atmosphere in the game. There are better ways to do this (literature and experience is available). The first month of the shop where it was not automatically loaded (which again, is also a security risk!) might not have yielded the results the marketing or head of company wanted, but it was best for the customers and showed some respect in the customers ability to understand how a shop works and confidence in your work and products to think them good enough to attract attention. And your customers are not just your shareholders.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th June 2016 at 06:32.

Three more things I have noticed or thought about:

1) None of my characters at various levels can see the Shadow of Vanaheim pack for sale in the new Store. As I am a subscriber, will this Scenario and all future Scenarios be included for Premium accounts?

2) Where did all of the old armors sold in the Store at increments of 10 character levels go? The cosmetic outfits are now sold by a new Gilding vendor but the Blue and Purple quality armors are nowhere to be found.

3) Will the account Paid Services for 'Follower of Mitra' and 'Faith in Mitra' (account wide Mana, Stamina, and Health potions) still be available after the new Membership offer launches? Or has no one bought these in years and Funcom has forgotten about this feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    Three more things I have noticed or thought about:

1) None of my characters at various levels can see the Shadow of Vanaheim pack for sale in the new Store. As I am a subscriber, will this Scenario and all future Scenarios be included for Premium accounts?

2) Where did all of the old armors sold in the Store at increments of 10 character levels go? The cosmetic outfits are now sold by a new Gilding vendor but the Blue and Purple quality armors are nowhere to be found.

3) Will the account Paid Services for 'Follower of Mitra' and 'Faith in Mitra' (account wide Mana, Stamina, and Health potions) still be available after the new Membership offer launches? Or has no one bought these in years and Funcom has forgotten about this feature?

I can answer your second question, since I am leveling toons.

When you first enter tortage proper (when you first leave the beach zone into tortage itself), your item store will pop up and try to get you to buy the starter pirate set, along with a weapon. From this point on, when you hit 20, 30, 40, etc. your item store will pop up trying to get you to buy these item packs. At least, this is what I've experienced today whilst leveling my toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lene View Post
    I can answer your second question, since I am leveling toons.

When you first enter tortage proper (when you first leave the beach zone into tortage itself), your item store will pop up and try to get you to buy the starter pirate set, along with a weapon. From this point on, when you hit 20, 30, 40, etc. your item store will pop up trying to get you to buy these item packs. At least, this is what I've experienced today whilst leveling my toons.
    This is worse than i imagined. So much for "we want you to get as fast back in the game as possible"...what if i want the items for vanity (the blue levelling ones actually had a unique look!)??
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th June 2016 at 06:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    So much for "we want you to get as fast back in the game as possible"...what if i want the items for vanity (the blue levelling ones actually had a unique look!)??
    Some of the vanity sets for archtypes honestly do not look bad, I agree. You can still purchase them for your class at 80 though. The pack is now called "Master Bundle" and costs 2160 points.

And of course Funcom... ...many many people logging in are out-raged at the item shop...and what is missing... and where some have gone too.....and the player base has to explain that it MIGHT not be as bad as they think re: membership... ....but this is always balanced by those who are firmly convinced it is a bad move on your part...poor marketing...dumb marketing