Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    If the new item store is tied with the new membership plan, wouldn't it have made more sense to release them at the same time?
    They tested the reaction of the playerbase.

For every three pages of complains one bullet point in their list was unlocked as premium bonus. This list unfortunately had only 10 of those bullet points so they needed to come up with something called the "loyalty rewards program" as well. Due to this not being part of their plan, the implementation of the new membership system has been postponed indefinitely. The new cash shop stays online in the meantime.

wow, 43 pages of complains and negativity i won't even read...

only thing i have to say is, good for you funcom, but this can be easily become something that most players want to avoid, a p2w game.

i suggest you to consider to limit the new lvl 80 bundle to 1 purchase per account, aswell as the pvp bundle, i know this game is more skill based but for new players this is not going to be taken well. please take that on mind.

its nice to see an update on the item store, i didn't liked that you had to remove te vanity armors and at least i, couldn't find any other way than gilded merchant (or whatever is called) but meh, its only vanity, in-game gear works well for vanity too
    meh...

Default Very nice response...

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    Let me add my personal feedback to this thread.

A little bit of background: I have started playing a short while after launch (July 2008) and I've always been subscribed so far.
    Most of my playing time is spent raid leading....**Snippage -- but lots of good reading here. Please refer to the original post**

And a desperate request: I know you're working with what resources and priorities are given to you, but please understand that for many veterans, whatever goodwill they had has been long spent seeing this game so brutally and perpetually neglected. If you do get some money out of all this, try to reinvest at least some part of it on new developments for the game, instead of it being diverted to fund Funcom's other properties.
    Funcom, please pay attention to this guy. He makes a lot of sense.
    Also, I don't want to derail this guy's train of thought, but don't forget your veteran subscribers. I have been a subscriber since the early days and it would be nice if you guys would throw your veteran subscribers a bone...points and little throwaways just aren't cutting it.

Thanks for listening.

K
    Last edited by Karla; 10th June 2016 at 22:18.

Smile

All these changes are targeting new and casual players. For a new account getting all the free stuff it can not be a bad thing, also i would go further and implement a dungeon finder also, maybe a "LFR" version of the raids, there are players who are subb and not even seen a t3 raid due lack of time, devotion, etc. After a long day at work i just want to switch off my brain and play something else than a facebook game and not stress me too much.

Try to look from a new player perspective here, right now is very hard to catch up if u want to see the end game content and very tedious and with all these F2P MMO's atm AoC can't really compete.
    I know all these things are completely against veteran players but u have to see the other side of the coin, u had fun for 8 years and seen everything this game had to offer, realistically is not much dev team can do much to excite u , maybe a new influx of players, that means more money - bigger dev team - faster new content/bugs fix etc. That can not be a bad thing right?

For me all these changes got me thinking to subb again.

Filthy casual signign out

What is this obsession with catching up? What do you want to do when you are there? Waiting for more content that is not coming? Enjoy the road! You are missing out on a lot of fun by jumping to the end.
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post
    Not every bullet point on the membership benefits will be attractive to every member of the community. They were designed to appeal to the broadest audience possible.
    Oh, that is a given. In this case though one of the "benefits" (namely the XP bonus) is something I consider a reason to NOT subscribe, and therefore would like some way to disable.
    I am sure many people will feel differently about that one though.

We certainly want you to be a member so if there is something specific you want let us know and we can see if we can provide it for you. If you don't find there is value in any of the bonuses or the loyalty rewards when we reveal those then you shouldn't pay for membership (the 12 month loyalty reward is pretty epic though!).

As for account wide purchases they were disabled to streamline the store as much as possible. The fewer clicks you need to press in the store the faster we can get you back to the game. Items in the store in the future will either be account wide or character specific, there won't be an ability to choose. Let us know if you want certain items to be account wide and we can make adjustments to new/current items if the data shows it is the right thing to do.
    Of all possible reasons for that change, this is a really bad one.
    I don't use the store so often that I care if I have to click a few times extra if that means I can save a bunch of FC.

I happen to be one of those players who have a large number of alts. Buying something for each and every one of them would simply be too expensive so that won't happen.
    The result for most cases is that instead of buying something account-wide I will simply not buy it at all - at least not unless prices go down a LOT.

Stuff that I would like an account-wide option for include just about everything where it makes sense. (Not consumables or class-specific items, but all else I can think of.)
    In particular storage - not only inventory, but also bank slots and extra resource bag space.
    And of course all vanity gear - which has even been moved out of the store. As it is I might buy some of it if I should have enough gilding tokens with nothing else to spend them on, but probably not.
    By removing the vanity gear from the store you also removed even what little preview of them that there was. I am not going to buy any of it unless I can see what it will look like beforehand.

Luckily for me I had already bought a number of items account-wide from the old store which means that there is nothing I need from the new store.
    There are things I want, but they are all too expensive as it is, so at the end of the day I am not going to buy anything at all from the new shop. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by cristian29 View Post
    Try to look from a new player perspective here, right now is very hard to catch up if u want to see the end game content and very tedious and with all these F2P MMO's atm AoC can't really compete.
    Why such a hurry to the end game? There is lots of good content on the way there - like most of the ACTUAL GAME.

[Global] [L*cko]: [Eiskristallscherbe und 60 einfache Reliquien V]

Gratz
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post
    Also more people playing keeps the revenue of the game high which directly impacts how much development budget we can spend improving the game.
    nice try... what gives you the slightest clou that ANY of the veteran players will believe in that?? theres is absolutely NO credibility left for FC on this behalf, you proved this to be untrue more than enough!

taking your own financial reports and look at revenue from TSW vs AOC and compare this with the amount of updates/new content on TSW vs AOC anyone with only half a working brain can tell the truth...
    Last edited by TribunLeader; 10th June 2016 at 23:36.

Thumbs down

Wtf Remove pvp t2 gear from shop and leave the old prices, put 100 bank lot space back!! This new shop is terrible