Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Funcom, you keep amazing me. I thought you unable to come up with anything worse than what I have seen here since the failure of the incomplete game launch in May 2008. You proved me wrong. Again.

*puts on his tinfoil hat*

This is a conspiracy, I tell you.

Funcom came up with this devious plan in order to make us all ragequit so that there is nobody left to complain when they shut AoC down permanently.

A lot of these concerns me, it all seems to be aimed at speeding the game up, getting to end game pve, buy T2 pvp armors faster progression to end game pvp, more xp gain more AA gain, this game isnt one that brings in tons of new players, and the content is very very slow to come out, so after end game what is there? NOTHING. So what do people do they get bored they log out and they stop coming back, it would encourage the game to continue to bleed out players faster then recruit them, but now it'll do it at a faster pace, for once you guys should pay attention and give us what we ask for, we want more content we want more to do, we dont want to finish the game and have nothing to do we want to feel we are always progressing, always having an aim.

I mean take pvp as an example, how many times have we asked for more pvp levels , more pvp mini maps? you never NEVER listen to us, so many people have been stuck at pvp 10 for so long, i myself have 4 pvp 10's why bother logging them in i have more mini game badges from battle then i can do things with, i have had toons stuck at pvp end game for 4 years now omg give them something to do.
    To this day sieges are still a joke, and with the mini game system now days the quality is worse then ever , address the issues we have do not create more...

Now go look at PvE the big guilds are already marching through T6, whats in development for after that for them to achieve? when T4 was on farm, so many guilds left, there was nothing for them to do they got bored of farming the same content week after week on alts and mains , you guys always think you know what is best for us, but you never actually give us what we ask you for, if you did that you would have a huge player base and more $$ then you would know what to do with.

All this that has happend in the last 24 hours is so easily avoidable if you guys are actually 1.approachable and 2. Listen to your players, the heartbeat of your game

I am mollified, somewhat.

But I strongly urge you to roll back to the former shop until you got those membership updates available in game.
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post

2) Why are you selling so much power in the store?
    There are two main reasons for this. The first is that raid participation has been decreasing over the past few years and we were receiving a lot of feedback from new players that they found it hard to get up to the point where they could contribute in the higher Tier raids. We wanted to make it easier for our newer players to catch up with people that had been playing since launch. The second is that we will be releasing the Raid Finder very soon and we want to make sure that the amount of people that participate in that is as big as possible. We have some pretty cool rewards lined up to give out with the Raid Finder so it is important for us that we have a large healthy community participating in it.
    This, Everything Redd, Mellaus and Patoson wrote. Please please please talk to people that actually play your game, lead higher raids if possible befor you jump to conclusions leading to nothing than hurting your own game. To contribute to T4 and higher can never mean to buy T3 gear and enter the raid. They are not NOT ready because of gear, but because your game is not forgiving for people who haven't learned how to properly play it!

Secondly, if we need T3 or higher gear for the raids on the raid finder...who do you think will lead those raids? If you need that gear on the one hand, than you can not just let a tool pick 24 people, put them in a raid dungeoun and espect they can succeed on the other hand. Well, you can make sure the encouters only check gear with an overall aoe or something like that, but you can not add any of the mechanics that let the raids in AoC shine and make them interesting. You would have to put WB-mechanics in there...WB mechanics you need T3 gear for...and probably vwe get better gear than that by smashing a loot pinata...Oh Lord...I fear the worst. I don't think the ones in charge do even know how raiding and grouping works in tehre own game.

But that is fine, I can work with that:

Dear Nophex,
    I officially invite you to a full raid experience in AoC. Set date and time and preferred class, and I will take you on a journy you will not forget for a long time. You won't even need AA EXP GEAR (well, gear might not hurt and wouldn't be a problem for you), all you will need is TS / to be able to listen will be enough. Brave enough for that challange^^?

PS: If not I want watchdog to make me one of his hats, too.

I remember some **** storm like that many times...
    Always with same result - almost all continue to play...

We will be removing the membership requirement to access any of the content that you have purchased. In addition, we are making the Alternate Advancement system accessible to anyone that plays the game. You don’t need to buy the expansion or be a member to gain AA xp or use AA points.
    That's good. Actually, it's great. Long overdue, but great nonethelss.

In addition to the above changes members will receive the following bonuses:

• Bonus XP and PvP XP (for normal XP and AA)
    • Free Teleports – Members will receive a stipend of teleport coins each month
    • Increased Token gains from Raids, PvP, and Khitai tokens (excluding rare trophies).
    • Increased Faction gain
    • Purchase AA with time starting at level 20
    • Double rewards from Unchained Caches
    • Members get a free AA point per level gained
    • +7 Characters slots
    • Increased Quest limit size
    • Unlimited gold capacity
    The rewards may not be much of an incentive to pay for the game. Will the automatic Funcom points be kept? Will they be increased? Something like automatic Gilding Tokens might be worth it, too.

Members will also be included in a Loyalty Rewards program. After you have been a member for 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360 days you will receive an exclusive Loyalty item. Additional rewards will be added for every 180 days of membership past 360 days.
    Will this work retroactively?

@ Removing social items from shop
    Not a shrewd move imho.

@ Increasing prices
    A lot of stuff didn't really gain power, but got more expensive, first and foremost the additional specc.

@ Selling power items
    Don't know if it's good economically, don't care too much personally, but in my eyes a rip-off for the player. This in effect takes away content - not something one should pay money for. Also, very, very expensive. A T3 armor set costs more than Witcher 3 and a good pizza - including the fabulous HoX T3 set.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    This, Everything Redd, Mellaus and Patoson wrote. Please please please talk to people that actually play your game, lead higher raids if possible befor you jump to conclusions leading to nothing than hurting your own game. To contribute to T4 and higher can never mean to buy T3 gear and enter the raid. They are not NOT ready because of gear, but because your game is not forgiving for people who haven't learned how to properly play it!

Secondly, if we need T3 or higher gear for the raids on the raid finder...who do you think will lead those raids? If you need that gear on the one hand, than you can not just let a tool pick 24 people, put them in a raid dungeoun and espect they can succeed on the other hand. Well, you can make sure the encouters only check gear with an overall aoe or something like that, but you can not add any of the mechanics that let the raids in AoC shine and make them interesting. You would have to put WB-mechanics in there...WB mechanics you need T3 gear for...and probably vwe get better gear than that by smashing a loot pinata...Oh Lord...I fear the worst. I don't think the ones in charge do even know how raiding and grouping works in tehre own game.

But that is fine, I can work with that:

Dear Nophex,
    I officially invite you to a full raid experience in AoC. Set date and time and preferred class, and I will take you on a journy you will not forget for a long time. You won't even need AA EXP GEAR (well, gear might not hurt and wouldn't be a problem for you), all you will need is TS / to be able to listen will be enough. Brave enough for that challange^^?

PS: If not I want watchdog to make me one of his hats, too.
    This. Also, wanted to make the same invitation: Actually talk and play with your customers - and the people that make your customers actually stay, i. e. guild and raid leaders. There's just a dozen or so people that keep most of the community entertained. It would be good to know them.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Mirosch View Post
    wtf gear was never ever the issue why ppl cant play higher raid tiers the reason is they arent experienced enough

and thats also the reason ppls still play the ****ing game because its a different mmo AND NOT RELATED to equipement

BUT if you add a pay2win system it wont work in AoC because the system is mostly related to skill - these nabs who are buying youre chests will still suck in raids because they lack the experience

You should let the developers do the work and not some stupid "Scientists (or how they called)" who analyze how to maximum efforts from ingame store and dont have a clue about the game

Btw im F2P (since 10.6.16) i planned to buy another year today but thanks to youre revamps i wont do it

And now think about it again why players are angry
    Bro, ME too!!! I was gonna do a year sub and cancelled went F2P!!! But hey, some sucker will buy some $50.00 t2 suits and make up for it according to FUNCOM!

Quote Originally Posted by ltburns View Post
    A lot of these concerns me, it all seems to be aimed at speeding the game up, getting to end game pve, buy T2 pvp armors faster progression to end game pvp, more xp gain more AA gain, this game isnt one that brings in tons of new players, and the content is very very slow to come out, so after end game what is there? NOTHING. So what do people do they get bored they log out and they stop coming back, it would encourage the game to continue to bleed out players faster then recruit them, but now it'll do it at a faster pace, for once you guys should pay attention and give us what we ask for, we want more content we want more to do, we dont want to finish the game and have nothing to do we want to feel we are always progressing, always having an aim.

I mean take pvp as an example, how many times have we asked for more pvp levels , more pvp mini maps? you never NEVER listen to us, so many people have been stuck at pvp 10 for so long, i myself have 4 pvp 10's why bother logging them in i have more mini game badges from battle then i can do things with, i have had toons stuck at pvp end game for 4 years now omg give them something to do.
    To this day sieges are still a joke, and with the mini game system now days the quality is worse then ever , address the issues we have do not create more...

Now go look at PvE the big guilds are already marching through T6, whats in development for after that for them to achieve? when T4 was on farm, so many guilds left, there was nothing for them to do they got bored of farming the same content week after week on alts and mains , you guys always think you know what is best for us, but you never actually give us what we ask you for, if you did that you would have a huge player base and more $$ then you would know what to do with.

All this that has happend in the last 24 hours is so easily avoidable if you guys are actually 1.approachable and 2. Listen to your players, the heartbeat of your game
    You have an important point. The focus on endgame is and was a problem in most MMOs and it shows a disrespect and misunderstanding of the product. Sure, a certain (even large amount) of players might see it similar, but this is not the core that keep the game alive. These kind of players come and go or are dependant on constant costly updates, those that are there for not only progression and gear are way more constant (which does not mean that they do not like progression too).
    You should have constant maintenance to give at least the impression of technical improvements.
    You should have small addons to the game world to make it appear vivid and not undead (events and small content addons throughout all level ranges fall into this).
    You should offer player made content and a huge palette of customization (PvP and RP falls into this category).
    You should have a variety of solo and group content with various rewards/time factors.
    You can make money from all of the last three parts, instead you focus over and over again on just one fraction of the fourth.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th June 2016 at 17:52.

If the new item store is tied with the new membership plan, wouldn't it have made more sense to release them at the same time?

By releasing the new item store first, all you did was create a big sh!tstorm that has just been a fiasco.

If the item store was delayed till the membership changes were in place, the only thing we'd be up in arms about would be Ethram Fal issues.