Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Wonder if ANYONE has had a t5 piece drop out of a royal box. Or is it like going to Vegas and trying for that 2 million jackpot on a slot machine?

I think I'll put my money into the powerball. Maybe I'll win a billion dollars and buy t6 gear direct.
    Was in a Khitai 6-man today and saw a fresh 80 (power-leveled) with a T5 chest that was pulled out of a royal-box. So they're out there.

Even assuming the membership subscription will be strengthened A LOT (like at least what some suggested here in the thread), how do you want to earn money from f2p players with this shop and product palette? (most can not or do not want to pay a sub, what makes you think they will fall for this scheme?)

What do you think from the current products will be attractive enough for subscribers (check Anubiums post about drop rates)? What is the intended incentive?

Between the lines this means you are going to make the ingame alternative of earning certain items and conveniences harder (and what people write here about paths is proofing it).

Lottery boxes and even power gear have a limited target audience. Customizing options and cheap gear have enough audience to keep whole other games alive. Please check the numbers and feedback from the old shop to see and understand what your marketing just did.

Also, how do you intend to police gold sellers and item frauds now, if you can gain this kind of power items? They will simply answer to gms or other players: "i legitly bought them!"

Honest suggestion: Get a new marketing team that advocates the opposite of what your current team does, asap or at least before you release Conan Exiles, since your current team does neither understand f2p game models, sales statistics or player feedback.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th June 2016 at 04:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    I also confirm zero posts have been deleted from this thread. You can choose not to believe me, but I have no reason to lie about that kind of thing, as I'm openly asking for all feedback, whether positive or critical. Thanks!
    Think about why this post was necessary and what it says about this forum's [topic not be named].
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

After looking through the new Store and reading through this thread, here is my feedback:

1) The new Store is much simpler than the old Store, with an easy to navigate interface and extensive consolidation of the items. The old Store had a somewhat confusing layout and no descriptions for many items. There was also overlap between items which could be both purchased from the Store and for Veteran Points, which has been eliminated. However, there are now no options for things like storage or gear instead offering an all or nothing purchase only.

2) Any items that were only available in the old Store such as certain Pets but are not included in the new Store should be made available elsewhere in the game. For example, the cosmetic armors that were in the old Store are now available from a new Gilding vendor. Other items that are missing such as the Reaver’s Steed will probably be available to Premium members only as part of a subscription (or so I hope).

3) The price increases are considerable but Funcom is most likely loosening its requirements to access end game material that previously required a sub, which will mean an initial decrease in subscriptions. The old sub model locked in end game players and Funcom will now have to derive revenue from elsewhere such as the in game Store.

4) My only real complaint is what nearly everyone else in this thread has been saying: selling very high level gear in the Store is blatant pay to win and a cash grab. Even the option to level instantly to 80 without T3 gear was not as bad as outright selling the gear that so many players spent months of in game time acquiring. I am not sure if these changes were made in anticipation of a stream of new players entering AOC because of Conan: Exiles but I can understand why so many veteran players are upset.
    Last edited by Radicaltop; 10th June 2016 at 04:40.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Default It's a sad, sad day, continued

I wrote my previous post (#233 above) before I had read through this thread. Well, now I've read the whole thing.

Funcom, you asked for our feedback. Well, here's 24 pages of feedback. There was ONE player who was happy that he could buy T3 gear. EVERYONE else hated what has been done to their favorite game.

So, you have feedback, and it's almost unanimous. Now, the $64,000 question - are you listening? Are you going to do anything about it, or are you going to turn a deaf ear and ignore us?

Ball's in your court, Funcom.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Teleports: Yes you can use your achievement ports for free. But "accidentally" the default page when you hit ctrg+g is the premium port page...and the ports you see right away are the same ports you see when you cklick the next folder, the free achievement ports...uuuups...So every time we open the window fast, are in a rush or just do not pay close attention we will moste likely click on a premium port...and the uuuuuuups.....one of those precious port coins is gone.

Only a devil will think putting the premium port page first was the idea to trick us into spending the port thingis because we make a mistake clicking^^.
    This.

@ Funcom
    Switch the tabs around. Intentionally or not, you give the impression of hoping for people to misclick and accidently spent "Teleport Coins" bought for with real world money. Not an honest (wo)man's way of doing business.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

After posting in this thread, I went and spent some time in Global discussing the new Store. Opinion is more divided there concerning selling the T3 gear in the Store, with a number of veteran players pointing out that T3 is really no longer high level gear. T6 is the new high level end game gear, with T3 being somewhat obsolete.

Still, selling instant middle level end game is questionable and Funcom should have foreseen the backlash that would follow this move.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by rickspindrift View Post
    Funcom, you asked for our feedback. Well, here's 24 pages of feedback. There was ONE player who was happy that he could buy T3 gear. EVERYONE else hated what has been done to their favorite game.

So, you have feedback, and it's almost unanimous. Now, the $64,000 question - are you listening? Are you going to do anything about it, or are you going to turn a deaf ear and ignore us?

Ball's in your court, Funcom.
    A very interesting question. What will be done with the feedback given, Odoneptranara?
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    After posting in this thread, I went and spent some time in Global discussing the new Store. Opinion is more divided there concerning selling the T3 gear in the Store, with a number of veteran players pointing out that T3 is really no longer high level gear. T6 is the new high level end game gear, with T3 being somewhat obsolete.

Still, selling instant middle level end game is questionable and Funcom should have foreseen the backlash that would follow this move.
    This is exactly the problem with selling such gear without positive ingame changes! You make the gear interest in t3 obsolete...so imagine the fun in finding raids for that in the future or getting the quests done (especially if you look at the backlash from the raiding community here and ingame. Also the worldboss was not helping in this issue either for years now). Storywise it is not obsolete, since it was the finale of the original game (bringing us back to the respect for original designs, artists and developers), I do not mind selling power that much, but it usually comes with unwanted ingame changes that can affect every new player negatively.

T1 was always interestng and will probably keep so, because of design and boss fight differences to the top tiers, accessability and vanity (like a raid tutorial with rewards and no need for third party audio software). T2+ does not have these advantages. There might be a temporary boost to t2 and t3 as well to counter the effect of power item sales, if you make it free for all...but then again, who will buy the power items? WHat is your target audience? As i viewed it in the shop, you can not choose a specific piece, you have to buy a full set each time for horrendous pricing (even for power items), so it can not be the ones unlucky so far with drops and needing just a few tokens...

Just imagine the sales, if they made these set pieces individually available as vanity. Moving vanity to an ingame vendor is also not a bad choice per definition (apart from making the shop look empty and pricing more intransparent), but selling the currency required (gilding tokens) in overpriced, intransparent lottery boxes and keeping them BoP definitely is So at least make the gilding tokens available individually and part of monthly subscription bonus.

I also saw selling items both ingame and inshop not as a drawback, but rather as an advantage (veteran vendor). The more options for players, the better. Too few and you can end up all too soon with an "all or nothing" customer decision. And you as company do not want them to choose "nothing", do you?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th June 2016 at 05:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post

The point that some people cant understand is that even if a gear is obsolete,in a game that you have only limited content with no updates whatsoever you just cant go and make that content pointless to visit,its just logic.They destroyed t1-t2 with world boss,now it was the time for t3,t4 and t5
    Also another thing why some of us had to farm for months and when I say months I mean literally months to try to get t2 pvp gear on our characters while someone can buy the same gear in 1 minute, someone will say t2 pvp gear is obsolete but the fact that you can get it without steping in a single minigame while we had or have to play hundreds of minigames is just stupid.

So on their next update for the people who will keep playing be ready for t6 gear and pvp t3 gear on shop so at least this awesome company wont catch you by suprise...
    Last edited by zeuss; 10th June 2016 at 05:48.
    IVORY TOWER