Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ming-Ming View Post
    I got the email about the store revamp, and it got my hopes up. I haven't played in almost a year now, and I hoped that maybe this would inspire me to come back.

Ugh. I was mistaken.

I'm going to try to offer constructive feedback here.
    [*]For a much better example of a successful in-game store with better offerings and prices aimed at attracting Account-Bound purchasing, I refer you to the Elder Scrolls Online Crown Store. Take a hint from their layout, appropriate theming, functional UI, and most importantly their choice of vanity items that are cosmetic and provide no mechanical or game-functionality advantage. They are also account bound, needing to only be purchased once, and there's a wide enough variety that keeps people interested and coming back for new purchases.[/LIST]
    The theming actually looks like what they used in Morrowind. Which is surprisinly similar in idea to the default AoC UI with it's wood and grained look.

Anyway, obviously I got in via disabling sound and tweaker (why does this keep re-enabling...) and running with low-res textures. And my god, who ever said the shop looks like Might and Magic VI was doing MMVI a gross injustice (not that it has an ingame shop obviously).

This looks like it was done by your average high-schooler for a FB game. It really is quite out of place in Hyboria. Please fix it! And your 'surprise!' by avoiding test-live, a place where people can do some of the hard tweaking work with you working out bugs and weighting game mechanics is simply shooting yourself in both feet. Surprise indeed. These 23 pages of upset people are exactly the kind of things that occur with your surprises.

To the person who said you can't use the teleports any more, I suggest you double-check how it works. You get 'premium access' which I gather is for those who aren't subbed (ie F2P) and need quick access to a dungeon instance, whether it be solo, group or raid. Then there is your usual teleport panel that we're used to since the achievement system arrived.

And agreed, the nerfing of all the gear and then the price adjustments is completely /f*Pre-empted Anzu edit*g/ ridiculous. Anyone buying that stuff must be laundering money.
    Last edited by stiiixy; 10th June 2016 at 01:38.

Teleports: Yes you can use your achievement ports for free. But "accidentally" the default page when you hit ctrg+g is the premium port page...and the ports you see right away are the same ports you see when you cklick the next folder, the free achievement ports...uuuups...So every time we open the window fast, are in a rush or just do not pay close attention we will moste likely click on a premium port...and the uuuuuuups.....one of those precious port coins is gone.

Only a devil will think putting the premium port page first was the idea to trick us into spending the port thingis because we make a mistake clicking^^.

Hmm, well done Funcom, I guess? In a weird twisted kinda way.

A lot of people were complaining about the old store. Funcom now seems to have convinced most, if not all, that the old store really wasnt all that bad

Can someone tell me how to change the character when I open the shop from my character selection screen?
    Seems i can only buy stuff for my Barbarian IF i want to buy anything. (Or I have to log in each toon)

I have 3516 FCP from before the "revamp" now this hyperinflation has hit it seems my money is worth 1000% less.

I have 17 characters ... does anyone think I am spending 13.600 FCP ( 13.800 = € 115,-- ) on the latest inventory bag?
    Better give me on each toon the option to combine my Locker of Absolution (176) with my Coffer of Nullify (122), Bag of Abundance (56), Bag of Holding (20), Bag of the Mamoth Rider (16) and Bag of the Rhino Rider (16). That way I would have a "Coffer of Amra" with 406 slots and would get some worth out of all my subs, expansions and FCP that I have bought
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Why send this out before the premium membership revamp? Why buy anything at those prices? No membership discount available to use. The Funcom point promotion doesn't do much to offset the the high prices and there is not much of a range of items to select from. I used to enjoy periodically buying different items at the shop. Well...thanks for helping me save my money.

Wonder if ANYONE has had a t5 piece drop out of a royal box. Or is it like going to Vegas and trying for that 2 million jackpot on a slot machine?

I think I'll put my money into the powerball. Maybe I'll win a billion dollars and buy t6 gear direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    I just saw it in a global chat in game and looked at it: yes, they put all the old scroll teleport options into ctr-g and all of them require a teleport coin to be used (which costs 60 funcom points), including the old ones like northern grasslands

It was a great in game option that now has been tarnished.
    Only the Premium Teleports to Dungeon and Raid entrances require a Teleport Coin. The area teleports are still unlocked for me as my character has 2200 Achievement Points.

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    they need to make things you own greyed out or not avail. like i can buy khatai again.. or turan again..

btw i dont even see vanaheim.
    Me either. I can see Turan and Rise of the Godslayer (only one version of each now - no Collector's Edition) but not Shadow of Vanaheim.
    Last edited by Anzu; 10th June 2016 at 09:42.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Yes, I found out pages ago that the access is on the second tab.

Would have been nice if they made the 'premium' one in the middle though so it would have been a bit less of a shock

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    My guess is it will be free with the new membership revamp, so they simply did not include it with the new item shop.
    You are very smart, Tapwater. Some of the items that are no longer in the shop will be included with a membership which is probably why I can't see them now (I have a Premium sub).
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Default It's a sad, sad day

You asked for feedback - I hope you read this.

I'm sure you (Funcom) had their reasons for the new Item Shop, but I will tell you what it looks like from the player's (you know, the people who pay money to keep the game alive) viewpoint. It looks like you are squeezing the last few dimes out of the game before you shut it down. I can't think of any other reason why you would make all of the content outside of Khitai and the T4 through T6 dungeons irrelevant. Until now, the T3 gear was motivation to do the old dungeons, but now you can spend about what it would cost you in subscription costs and just buy your way to T4. No need (or reason) to do any of the quests at any level outside of Khitai - just spend a few bucks and you're done. Even worse, spend enough and you could buy yourself a T5 set of gear too. (The players don't know yet how practical that is, since the drop rate of the Legendary drops in the new chest is unknown, but with enough money....) In a word, Age of Conan is now a Pay to Win game, which is very sad indeed. There have been many good things about AoC (starting with the beautiful art design) and a fair number of bad things, but Pay to Win was never a problem. Now it is THE problem.

We had a pretty good discussion of this subject in our guild raid tonight, and the view above was pretty much universally shared. Yes, no one liked the increase in port pricing, nor the removal of so many options in the shop (all the social items gone? really?) but it was the conversion of the game to Pay to Win that was the most universally decried.

I hope you reconsider what you've done, I truly do. If you don't, I think you are going to see a sudden decrease in customers. At the very least, you've just encouraged your player base to start looking around at other MMORPHS.

As I said, a sad, sad day.
    Last edited by rickspindrift; 10th June 2016 at 03:59.