Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I am not trying to be offensive but I have to:

This is why the gaming industry nowdays is totally f*cked up. You are part of the problem.

"I want to have everything with 0 efford but I am willing to pay all my money!".
    It is not so hard to understand really, but this attitude has effects on game design, so you have a point. Even if just buyable "skips" of content, this implies you have content ingame worth skipping (grind or annoying designs). Still even pure "paytowin" games can be fun and balanced, if well designed. It also matters if it is designed as multiplayer or soloplay. AoC was from the start not designed as pay to win, so there is a lot of risk and conflict potential. It is also a question of respect to the original artists and devs if you make whole tiers "skipable".
    Here it would not be so troublesome, if all you skipped would be random content (like having to fight monsters till you find a certain powerfull item in the random loot) or grind (like having to reach a certain level to progress). But with the raid tiers you skip a lot more and also lessen the chance for people not willing to skip to experience the now "skipable" content (like with group instances or raids).

In the past such conflict of interest was solved by "difficulty levels"...not much time and still want to solve or see the whole game? play easy....ready for repeating a lot of content while spending a lot more time? hard difficulty
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 9th June 2016 at 23:35.

Angry

Funcom is willing to alienate their AoC Fanbase to force people to give this game up and purchase AOC Exile. I was going to purchse Exile but now I am not even going to consider it. Why should I support a studio that spit in my face by making me pay ridiculous prices for Store Items and now I have to pay for the teleports that I worked hard on to unlock. No thanks Funcom!

This item shop is so bad a part of me thinks there must be something we are missing when it comes to the membership revamp. Or am I just being way too hopeful? Are funcom actually genuinely this retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogFL View Post
    Funcom is willing to alienate their AoC Fanbase to force people to give this game up and purchase AOC Exile. I was going to purchse Exile but now I am not even going to consider it. Why should I support a studio that spit in my face by making me pay ridiculous prices for Store Items and now I have to pay for the teleports that I worked hard on to unlock. No thanks Funcom!
    the teleports under achievements are still free.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

You actually don't have to pay for the achievement teleports: there is a middle tab after you hit ctrl-G that has the 'old free ports' that work as before. The first tab is for the 'new paid ones' that require a 60 funcom point teleport coin to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    How does it feel to kill off one the iconic Funcom titles?

To whoever called for this:

gg

I used to be proud when telling new friends, "oh, I play AoC, you know that game that flopped? It's actually really good now!"
    I wished everyone to play the amazing game, but with this it all changes...

All that will be left are pay2win scrubs, and I see no hope in you doing good for this game anymore.

Over the years I stuck by despite all the ******** changes, and lack of needed fixes.
    I always refrained from saying things like "fix, or I'll leave", cause I knew back then it wasn't true. The concept of this game, and how it plays and looks was unmatched, with its developed endgame aswell.

This time it's different. I know I won't come back. I know how you feel about me. You've shown your true face.

So **** you for being disgraceful to this game. And **** you for screwing over yearlong customers.

Expecting the new patch (read:shop) retracted.

Or I'll keep saying it again. **** you. I can't stand behind this anymore.

Is it so hard to fix broken stuff, and make desired changes. Instead you decide to piss on it all?
    Well for the very first time I feel the same, like this time I'm REALLY going to give it up.
    This evening I played again, took a look at the store and well.. it's clear as a bright summer sky that there is nothing left behind this game: no future, no development, but what really piss me.. no respect for players.
    This game is dieing since I play it.. but they could just let it go with the small player base of devoted players it had.. 1 recycled raid every 2 years.. few PvP tweeks, we all loved this game so much that we could live just with that.

I even understand and tolerate that they have to make as much money as possible out of it.
    So I'm even ok with selling more power gear then before or rising prices.. but really at least work on it, don't deliver this shitty interface with no content (no variety), just pay 2 win stuff.. T5 from shop really?! T2 PvP gear?! 7% crit pots?!?).

Well I due respect to my family, can't really waste my time anymore with this.. I don't even words to describe my feelings, they could be just insults.
    At least a part of me is happy.. you opened my eyes Funcom.. time to really stop wasting time.. well an mmorpg is a waste of time by definition, but in the past AoC was a shiny diamond among games.. now this is an insult to people intelligence.

Good Night Hyboria.. who knows if Korando will wake up one more day in the lands of Conan.. sigh.. so sad..
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Yet another indication they dont want you playing this game, because it's so closely related to 'that other game' up for release soon. Both my installs are now broken since this extraordinarily basic patch. (And no I have no custom UI installed)

I'm guessing they want you to move over to 'that other game' for number's sake and pad their share prices?

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    the teleports under achievements are still free.
    They are absolutely not free. You have to now purchse teleport tokens from the gamestore at 60 funcom points per token. The you can use the teleports. Get in game and try your teleports.

I got the email about the store revamp, and it got my hopes up. I haven't played in almost a year now, and I hoped that maybe this would inspire me to come back.

Ugh. I was mistaken.

I'm going to try to offer constructive feedback here.

1. The UI is very bad, both functionally and aesthetically. Scrolling down to see all items works awkwardly, and the entire color scheme and presentation looks like I stepped backwards in time to the 1990's era of dial-up and geocities webpages. This does NOT look like a professional storefront.
    2. What I look for with an in-game store are the very things you took away; vanity gear, mounts, pets, skins, all the options that I want to tailor my character. What remains is unattractive to me by and large, though the armor sets and level 80 character bundle could be somewhat appealing for someone new or coming back after a hiatus like myself.
    3. The price points are indicative of what drove me away from AOC unfortunately. Everything is overpriced to an extreme degree, nothing seems account bound anymore, and the meager offerings include many small QoL features that used to be taken for granted on AoC and are still free features on other MMO's.
    4. For a much better example of a successful in-game store with better offerings and prices aimed at attracting Account-Bound purchasing, I refer you to the Elder Scrolls Online Crown Store. Take a hint from their layout, appropriate theming, functional UI, and most importantly their choice of vanity items that are cosmetic and provide no mechanical or game-functionality advantage. They are also account bound, needing to only be purchased once, and there's a wide enough variety that keeps people interested and coming back for new purchases.

I miss AoC but this revamp did not do what it seemed to be intending, which is get me back as a player and subscriber. To do that, Funcom needs to take a serious look at its pricing schema, the costs of membership and support, and deliver better value to the consumer -not less.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogFL View Post
    They are absolutely not free. You have to now purchse teleport tokens from the gamestore at 60 funcom points per token. The you can use the teleports. Get in game and try your teleports.
    do you not have 1500 achivement pts? its the 2nd tab. they are free.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard