Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

I find it disgusting that there is a chance of T4 /T5 loot from the störe.
    But when people are stupid / vulnerable , or whatever, enough to buy 60 of those chests, knowing that they are gambling, then its their own problem and not the responsibility of funcom
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Kings feast in shop doesn't even say how much it gives... I guess gambling is the new norm and people like to spend money for a chance of getting something good.

Quote Originally Posted by drsisters View Post
    Didn't see much difference in DPS between crit and magic pots, so they really don't matter for the game.
    The difference between using the 5% crit and 80 magic dmg vs no pots is night and day. Those pots should have never existed in the first place, but at least you could get them in a reasonable manner as a veteran trough normal gameplay.

7% or 90something magicdmg extra for people willing to pay in stead of play is absolutely rediculous. Those pots ruin both pve (players that don't want to spend the money won't perform on their optimal level) and pvp balance (haves vs have nots). The fact that the 7% crit or 90something magic dmg ones are only buyable trough the shop only adds insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    It feels like talking to the wall Lurvi, they are deliberately ignoring everything.
    While I agree with the general disappointment, realistically the best hope of instituting a last-minute change is to provide some kind of alternative which looks equal or better from a future earnings perspective.
    E.g. "Remove the T4 and T5 tokens and replace them with XXX" where XXX is something which makes the chests equally attractive while not turning the game into P2W.

Hey all! Since funcom is ****ing us over royally with this cash shop, I have decided to switch to Wildstar, which just went F2P on steam.

It is not P2W AT ALL. It has, in my opinion, one of the best F2P models.

Anyways, after playing for a few days, the population seems VERY healthy. It is quite the fun game, give it a shot.

Peace out, funcom. You really ****ed up on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    it took 6 months to kill toth with my former guild, back in the day, so i know very well how hard it was.
    Yes. The 2010 version of Thoth Amon was very different to what the current version is.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    While I agree with the general disappointment, realistically the best hope of instituting a last-minute change is to provide some kind of alternative which looks equal or better from a future earnings perspective.
    E.g. "Remove the T4 and T5 tokens and replace them with XXX" where XXX is something which makes the chests equally attractive while not turning the game into P2W.
    And well, quoting myself, here's something which could provide a couple valid alternatives.

Replace T4 and T5 tokens in the new chest with a chance for khitai purple gear. Either in the form of straight items (but in that case, you need to let people pick which item of the set drops from the chest to avoid duplicates) or in the necessary amount of tokens needed to buy one of them (IIRC, it's either 980 MoA or 196 rare trophies for the faction rank 4 items, depending on which one you're buying).
    The second option would still require people to grind the faction ranks but on the other hand it would greatly reduce the overall grind needed to bring a toon to the "ready to raid T4" level which is, let's face it, the point of the whole exercise. Once the toon is ready for T4 raiding, the player will be able to join the T4 pugs and contribute to them (if he knows how to play decently, which is still an unavoidable condition even with T100 gear) and once he gains most of the T4 set he'll be ready for T5 and T6.

+7% potions: replace them with "potions of increased raid tokens drops". You drink the potion, for the next 4 hours (or whatever) every raid boss killed drops X more tokens of the given type for you. Still a consumable, still very desirable, no more P2W since it just reduces the grind length.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Kings feast in shop doesn't even say how much it gives... I guess gambling is the new norm and people like to spend money for a chance of getting something good.

The difference between using the 5% crit and 80 magic dmg vs no pots is night and day. Those pots should have never existed in the first place, but at least you could get them in a reasonable manner as a veteran trough normal gameplay.

7% or 90something magicdmg extra for people willing to pay in stead of play is absolutely rediculous. Those pots ruin both pve (players that don't want to spend the money won't perform on their optimal level) and pvp balance (haves vs have nots). The fact that the 7% crit or 90something magic dmg ones are only buyable trough the shop only adds insult to injury.
    Agreed, the pots were silly OP before already but the redeeming factor was that you could just get them with the easily obtainable rare trophies (even solo F2P players through Turan). Buying them from the shop was really a last resort thing but at least it was cheap and affordable considering the 200 monthly points you got.
    The new pots are just pure pay2win, not even up for discussion.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Default How to balance Pots

Simply put let alchemists do their jobs. What do I mean? I mean that you should let alchemists craft dumbed own versions of the cash shop pots that would say give 5% crit instead of 7 or something along those lines and make the recipes hard to obtain. This would generate interest in the profession while allowing players to acquire pots in game. For people that have money to blow they can still buy the 7% pots for min maxing. Just my 2cents from a player that loved this game at launch and quickly grew tired and am just now returning and loving all over again. Don't F this up for me Funcom. Not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by stefoo2 View Post
    Hey all! Since funcom is ****ing us over royally with this cash shop, I have decided to switch to Wildstar, which just went F2P on steam.

It is not P2W AT ALL. It has, in my opinion, one of the best F2P models.

Anyways, after playing for a few days, the population seems VERY healthy. It is quite the fun game, give it a shot.

Peace out, funcom. You really ****ed up on this one.
    Have fun, i don't want to play cartoonish games
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by jh25737 View Post
    Simply put let alchemists do their jobs. What do I mean? I mean that you should let alchemists craft dumbed own versions of the cash shop pots that would say give 5% crit instead of 7 or something along those lines and make the recipes hard to obtain. This would generate interest in the profession while allowing players to acquire pots in game. For people that have money to blow they can still buy the 7% pots for min maxing. Just my 2cents from a player that loved this game at launch and quickly grew tired and am just now returning and loving all over again. Don't F this up for me Funcom. Not holding my breath.
    This right here is a great suggestion! If you design it right it will surely breath new life into the economy and increase the gold throughput.

But even that, I think the potions should be removed from PvP, it ruins the balancing effort and makes balancing virtually impossible. Scissors that should get pumled by rock can suddenly destroy rocks without much effort. Boiled down PvP is just a graded paper-rock-scissor game, where skill should and can turn the match, not wheter or not you used 200 or 15 rares points on some potion.