Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    Funcom....last year Sezmra apologised on your behalf to the community for making a lot of us think that the exciting new content (Vanaheim) released at the anniversary would be free to all....but it was not .... learn the lesson from THIS fiasco and CONSULT with the community before implementing such massive game changes (I suggest polls on the NORMAL forums (not that many use the testlive so you will not reach as much of the community as you need to).... and not just fix stuff like "not able to change characters on ingame shop selection on character screen" ...that is NOT what is making your veteran players who are the teachers to the new players... the raid leaders... the group leaders ...the progression raiders etc be so angry with you that they are cancelling their subs and no longer playing .... please please recognise that many who have posted negatively on these later game changes ARE those people .... my guild has 3 or 4 hardcore players quit over this .....
    Indeed. Not many new players will be attracted by these changes - partly because they will never hear about them, but also because if they weren't interested in playing before I see no reason why these changes would make them more interested.
    What it will do is make some (many?) of the old hands leave, and getting them back will be hard. The guild leaders, the raid leaders, the people who create and maintain third-party sites (not that there are many of those left), too many of them will leave. In a popular, actively developed game this would be less of a problem - new people would soon replace those who left. In an old game like AoC that many people don't even know exists, each player leaving will be hard to replace, and the veteran players even more so.

It is a well-recognized fact in most businesses that it takes more effort and resources to attract new customers than it does to keep the old ones. Therefore it would be wise to not do things which are likely to drive off old customers unless one is really sure it will bring in enough new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    As far as I know there is a system in TSW that lets you convert every armor piece into vanity armor (with loosing stats of course), since we probably wont get such a system, why not sell these armor sets (for a reasonable price, like the old vanity sets for like 5€)
    This system works for weapons in TSW - you can combine any weapon with a casting toolkit to make a mould. Then you can apply its look to any weapon of the same type... and unsurprisingly it doesn't destroy the animation system - an excuse made to not implement this in AoC.

Also in TSW you increase your inventory size with normal game monies - it's quite cheap to get your main bag and bank to 200 slots each.

Or how about 10 build slots by default (and the ability to unlock more with game money), which can be set to remember gear and perks. People have different builds for every dungeon and you can change them without any cooldown...

TSW is night and day compared to AoC in terms of quality of life.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 12th June 2016 at 12:03.

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post
    Hello!

Thanks for all the feedback on the store changes. I wanted to take a moment to answer some concerns you have raised. We will take your feedback into consideration and will incorporate that into future updates. I also wanted to take a few minutes and explain some of the upcoming changes and how the store revamp fits into those. We are trying to make the entire experience of the game better and I feel it will be noticeable once we have introduced the membership changes and added the raid finder.

First up is the membership changes Romain has mentioned in his Game Director’s letter. Since we launched the Unchained version of the game we have had a lot of feedback on the free-to-play version of Age of Conan. We really want to improve the experience for both free to play players and members! One of the biggest complaints is that if you purchase the expansion and drop your membership you can no longer use the expansion. We will be removing the membership requirement to access any of the content that you have purchased. In addition, we are making the Alternate Advancement system accessible to anyone that plays the game. You don’t need to buy the expansion or be a member to gain AA xp or use AA points.

In addition to the above changes members will receive the following bonuses:

• Bonus XP and PvP XP (for normal XP and AA)
    • Free Teleports – Members will receive a stipend of teleport coins each month
    • Increased Token gains from Raids, PvP, and Khitai tokens (excluding rare trophies).
    • Increased Faction gain
    • Purchase AA with time starting at level 20
    • Double rewards from Unchained Caches
    • Members get a free AA point per level gained
    • +7 Characters slots
    • Increased Quest limit size
    • Unlimited gold capacity

Members will also be included in a Loyalty Rewards program. After you have been a member for 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360 days you will receive an exclusive Loyalty item. Additional rewards will be added for every 180 days of membership past 360 days. We will start revealing these rewards in the next few weeks. Finally, we will be lowering the price of the 30 day membership!

We will also be introducing a daily login bonus and daily challenge system that will have free items for everyone (F2P and members). The daily reward bonus can be claimed once a day and includes shop exclusive items like the new shop potions, teleport coins, resurrection potions, gilding tokens and a lot of other great items. The daily challenge system will include a list of challenges that will reward you with similar items to those listed above.

The raid finder will also be launching at the same time that we roll out the membership changes. Each week you will be able to group up with your fellow members and fight through one of nine raid instances (made up of the already existing zones). We will launch with some unique rewards that are only available from this system and will be adding new rewards every few months.
    All very nice, all very interesting but you Funcom should now make this known IN THE WORLD! Age of Conan is practically almost unknown, when I show to some one some screenshots very often people ask me: What game is it?
    Its useless that you limit informations to the official forum and emails sent to players already registered, those who are here already knows and probably they are also members with subscription.
    Do publicity, spam you these news on sites and specialized in video-game magazines, make it and aoc best known and most popular. It 'a life that you have always the same user and do nothing but just move them temporarily from game to game because information circulates only through the official channels of your own users!
    Last edited by zujilin; 12th June 2016 at 12:53.

I do not understand what is the reason behind this pay to win model. Actually I do from marketing viewpoint, but the numbers show different. As others mentioned before me that is about 90% of the game are veteran players with a tons of fully geared characters. Probably they will not buy the lvl80 slots, because they have enough experience with T3 and mostly they do not need the T3 armor set.

First thing is what the new players are always used to ask from me:
    - Is this game free to play?
    - No! This is game is free to play until lvl80. You have to buy expansions and a subscription if you want to continue.

Second thing is the number of the new players. Which is very low, maybe 1%/month of the total population. Most of them, do not reach the lvl80. They get bored or they find other games. Thanks to the popularity of the game in the international channels and forums. Nobody knows, and nobody talks about this game. Popularity equals with zero!

Third is the total number of the population. Which is in my opinion about 1000-2000 active players/month. Most of them from the top 20 guilds. If we count about with mostly 40 active players/guild is about 800. The rest of the players are from the 5-20 members low population guilds. How many players are used to farm the World Bosses? 40-80 players/instance at best, what I have seen on the parser in the first time when the World Bosses appeared in Hyboria.

Therefore I do not understand how do you want to sell anything in the game, which is not fully free to play, which has a very low interests in the international market, which has a very low population, with mostly veteran players?

The pay to win model came in with the buyable pvp sets I think? Correct me if I am wrong. Or with the runes, that gives you a nice damage buff. This rune is only for the 6 months subcribers if I remember well. Anyway this is not how Age of Conan looked like.
    Last edited by Vyky; 12th June 2016 at 14:15.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

Where do you get those numbers? Anyways for sure would be nice to know how many players have been subbed for +3-4 years, compared with ammount of new players in the game.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 12th June 2016 at 14:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Where do you get those numbers? Anyways for sure would be nice to know how many players have been subbed for +3 years, compared with ammount of new players in the game.
    I tried/heared a couple of top guilds. Most of them have/had maximum 40-50 players online on raid days. We are talking about the end-game progression guilds, and the active players! After this it is easy to calculate how many players can be in the top 5, 10, 20 guilds. This is awful. In the good old days I heared there were 80-100 players/guild. And there were 200-300 guilds/server or more!

Now when these top guilds are trying to grab other guilds players from each other to fill their raid spots, or try to keep up the supply of the guild, then I think we can talk about a very low interest of the game with a very low population in the end-game part.

Other thing is when T5. Oh sorry! T1 Unchained came up, a lot of players quit. They dissapointed about the heralded T6 and what they/we actually get this T5. A couple of guilds dissapeared, players merged into other guilds. The population reduced. The next slap in the face was this Vanaheim expansion, after the hasty released T6 followed, which had only two guilds could fully cleared after 7 months now. So we cannot talk about end-game in this game. The end-game in this game is dead and boring. Absolutely not fun, not worth the time, the effort, the money to subs for this. You have no progression after T6. Ok you get the T6 armor, and what now? You stand out in Khemi and posing and doing selfies with the tourists or what? You have no harder instances in the game, you have no challenge in the game what gives you progression. Other than that the whole game behind T6 or maybe T5 is dead and pointless to farming the **** out of it. There are no new 6 mans! That is what I am talking about.

Almost forgot the best part! In top of the that, you have a **** and unfair loot table in T6 which always drop BS or Barb stuffs from almost all the bosses! We cannot talking about a full set like T4, T3 offered before. Oh you buy an expansion for the rings, oh you have to be a subscriber if you want the cloaks from the 12 World Boss otherwise you cannot get ****. And now you can fight with your pets! In an arena, if you want the necklace. What the hell... You get only one type of weapons in T5, T6 with certain classes. Which is ridiculous. What I was talking about all of this, you cannot get a full raid experience in these raids, and gear progression for your money like it should be, like it you get with T3 and T4. Full sets without compromise.

It is kind of like ok, you bought a car, but you have to buy the tires from another shop, and you have to buy the seats from another and so on...
    Last edited by Vyky; 13th June 2016 at 14:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    You have no progression after T6. Ok you get the T6 armor, and what now? You stand out in Khemi and posing and doing selfies with the tourists or what? You have no harder instances in the game, you have no challange in the game what gives you progression. Other than that the whole game behined T6 or maybe T5 is dead and pointless to farming the **** out of it. There are no new 6 mans! That is what I am talking about.
    That's the status in all mmo's, once you've beaten the hardest encounter there are no new challenges until the next release.
    Personally I wouldn't mind T2 Unchained as T7. A lot of fun mechanics in there that would certainly become new fun raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Eedesti View Post
    That's the status in all mmo's, once you've beaten the hardest encounter there are no new challenges until the next release.
    Personally I wouldn't mind T2 Unchained as T7. A lot of fun mechanics in there that would certainly become new fun raids.
    I know it is the cancer of these so called "themepark" mmos, or standard WoW style raiding mmos. Look. I think we players mentioned a lot of ideas what they can put in the game, both pve-pvp, raids, instances, season games, social activities events, etc. Tons of things. There are a lot of unused places in the game. Personally I do not need any new maps. I think we patitioned or mentioned an unchained version of T3, T4 with higher chance of loot drops before the nerf. Nothing happend! It is not a big deal to put another button on the window before you enter the raid like with unchained instances. It was easier to put together into one single raid, than bother with the loot tables and boss stats, and separate the tactics.

Funcom do a poll already for what should be next unchained dungeon! Choose between:

1. Xibaluku

2. Xibaluku

3. Xibaluku

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    I know it is the cancer of these so called "themepark" mmos, or standard WoW style raiding mmos. Look. I think we players mentioned a lot of ideas what they can put in the game, both pve-pvp, raids, instances, season games, social activities events, etc. Tons of things. There are a lot of unused places in the game. Personally I do not need any new maps. I think we patitioned or mentioned an unchained version of T3, T4 with higher chance of loot drops before the nerf. Nothing happend! It is not a big deal to put another button on the window before you enter the raid like with unchained instances. It was easier to put together into one single raid, than bother with the loot tables and boss stats, and separate the tactics.
    You know what could be cool? Make the entire House of Crom a T7 raid instance. FC could take all the bosses including the Lurker as the final one and amp it up to T7 difficulty. HOC is a nice looking place and well The lurker was not killed by that many guilds and the loot was a bit crappy for such a boss, so yeah, revamp HOC

And yes! Xibaluku Unchained should have happened already!
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."