Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    "In addition, we will be giving out most of these items for free in the membership change update."

Maybe the item shop should had been released at the same time as the membership revamp? It would make a lot more sense to do it at the same time.. Right now most things are unjustified, crit pots 5% for 4h was 45 points, Now we get 7% for 200 points for 4 hours..
    EXACTLY:

This is a cash grab guys, nothing more. They ARE funding another game...take a guess which one. You want to fall for this and keep subbing good luck. But let me ask you this...Name ONE game where P2W actually "turned a game around".
    Never has and never will. Has ALWAYS ended the games real playerbase and ends up with the skeleton of Credit Card babies until eventually nobody is left to play with.

You guys knew what you were doing when you did this. Take a look at TRION's Rift, ghost town after their quick crash grab.

Very very sad

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post
    I want more people to play the game so that the community is large and there are more people for the current community to play with. A single player MMO doesn't sound that interesting to me Also more people playing keeps the revenue of the game high which directly impacts how much development budget we can spend improving the game.
    So you want more people to play the game but at the same time you you sell almost every single raid gear + almost all pvp gear in the shop so that people dont have to play the game ,that make sense.....
    Last edited by zeuss; 10th June 2016 at 17:25.
    IVORY TOWER

Like Redd wrote, it is mostly personal skills what matters in raids, a lot more than gear, and allowing people (who will be willing to spend all that money) to get T4/T5 gear, does the opposite of encouraging them to raid. Imagine someone who has never raided T4 or T5 and has a full set of either of those tiers, and then thinks "ok now I can go to T6 with my nice gear!", and the result will be horrible.

I have a suggestion about the Playfield Access Window though: can we have the old free teleports (with 15 min cd) as the default first tab when we open that window? (swap first and second tabs)
    Last edited by Patoson; 10th June 2016 at 17:27.

This is Star Wars Galaxy: NGE happening in AoC.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

2) Why are you selling so much power in the store?
    There are two main reasons for this. The first is that raid participation has been decreasing over the past few years and we were receiving a lot of feedback from new players that they found it hard to get up to the point where they could contribute in the higher Tier raids. We wanted to make it easier for our newer players to catch up with people that had been playing since launch. The second is that we will be releasing the Raid Finder very soon and we want to make sure that the amount of people that participate in that is as big as possible. We have some pretty cool rewards lined up to give out with the Raid Finder so it is important for us that we have a large healthy community participating in it.
    Gear is not what's holding the players back from progressing through higher tiers, it's just that encounters are more complicated than a strawman, that's really it.

As for that raid finder, keep it, no experience raider will be willing to wipe 50 hours on basic encounters because the raid is filled with geared noobs with 0 clue and 0 discipline. And those noobs will get tired too uppon realizing that well, without a proper tactic and a raid leader who knows what he's doing, they won't kill a thing.
    Then those who paid like 50 bucks to get their gear might a little disappointed.

Plus, saying that noobs will have to buy their set in the shop to use the raid finder doesn't sound very well frankly.

Anyway, all this looks like a big fat fail.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Hello!

---
    There are some good news here, but they do not balance out the core problem you have with understanding how to earn money from a hybrid model like yours works.
    Everyone will get an activity bonus, this is fine, but does not earn you money.
    Strengthening membership and raising prices in the shop does also not earn you money, if prices are too high and changes are not accepted, it will cost you money (as you see now from the feedback here).
    Making the zones available will be a good move as well, because one problem was the division between f2p and premium, so you wasted for years the advantage of a f2p system. But again, it will not earn you money.
    You earn money by giving a valid incentive to subscribe ...offering worthwhile rewards and convenience tools or removal of ingame barriers. You also earn money with a proper shop from f2p players, who will use it as an ALTERNATIVE to subscription. If they are f2p they usually have a reason for not subbing, but this does not mean they are not willing to spend money or buy things they like. Do you think you increased chances for players to find "things they like" by adjusting the product palette like you did?

Still i do not see any incentive to sub or buy stuff in the current shop. I was long subscriber and am f2p now, with established chars. In the old shop i could choose what i wanted and bought it as soon as it was available accountwide. This is not possible anymore. The prices are too high for spontanous purchases imo, even with a regular activity boost.

About power sales:
    You are not making it easier for new players with these changes. The main target audience (as again, you can see from this thread) are veterans who gear out alts to skip things. New players will just feel scammed, because of raised expectations and overconfidence. Most raids are not about gear alone, the main component is a core group of organizers, guilds or friends. Pug raids are (and have been) generally unproblematic till t1 or parts of t2. At higher tiers the main problem is not just the gear (more a mix of AA, experience, preference, connection, builds and social competence from players side and design, ai, atmosphere, rewards, time, challenge and connection from your side). The way to achieve what you say you intended would have been to offer different difficulty settings both in normal game and the raid finder, to let players choose and not give them the choice "pay or not play". Even with a raid finder you effectevily risk to lower participation in just the tiers you say you intended to boost. And seriously, if that really was your intention, why are the prices for ingame gear and the grind not reduced first?
    The end tier boss design is also very specialized and not the piece of cake for everyone, so by far not every active and rich player is focused or even willing to get to endgame. With such a "philosophy" you just ignore people playing your game for immersion, atmosphere, socializing and non-raid challenges.

About gildings:
    To compensate the prices you raised the amount of "free" gilding tokens has to be high enough to give an incentive to buy the rest from the shop as filler. But i do not see only gilding tokens for sale and i do not want a random box. So what do i do now? Most likely wait till i get enough free tokens, thus not buying anything.

Payment options:
    Are you intending to expand the payment options again? The most serious and common practice in europe of bank withdrawal or bank transfer is not supported at all.

Funcom points:
    Your new model seems to rely on players to buy large amounts of funcom points ad hoc or up front. So will the "free" points coming with membership loose value or be forfeit like old bonus points? If i save up for a special mount or item, after the current update, what insurance do i have that the product palette will keep somehow constant and only expanded, not shrunk?

F2p:
    It is still not clear if you are removing all restrictions there are today. If not, why is it not possible to expand or get rid of them by the shop permanently?

Subs:
    Have you looked at your product palette? What in there is appealing to levelling chars? What in there is appealing to veterans? If your answer is potions and paths, then the risk is, that you will adjust the content to this needs (been done before) instead of balancing difficulty on ingame balance and choices. As a sole model of income and incentive this seems way too risky to me, especially when you look at the cheaper and proven to work alternatives.

A functioning model does not have high prices and does not enforce a paywall system (at least not in MMOs or larger scale games). Are you aware what you can buy in real life for the price of one virtual mount? Even americans are not that rich in average. Small purchases in a large product palette have worked best so far, but you go in the opposite direction fully intentional. This iceberg will not only affect AoC, it has potential to affect your whole company, credit worthiness and new game releases...so why take the risk of this economical experiment based on outdated and failed ideological trends instead of delivering a solid much needed shop revamp based on feedback and existing working models?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th June 2016 at 17:43.

I know you from TSW as a very competent guy so I don't think you believe all things you wrote. This is just a crisis PR to justify cash grab and pure p2w model. Nothing else.

I want more people to play the game so that the community is large and there are more people for the current community to play with. A single player MMO doesn't sound that interesting to me Also more people playing keeps the revenue of the game high which directly impacts how much development budget we can spend improving the game.
    wtf gear was never ever the issue why ppl cant play higher raid tiers the reason is they arent experienced enough

and thats also the reason ppls still play the ****ing game because its a different mmo AND NOT RELATED to equipement

BUT if you add a pay2win system it wont work in AoC because the system is mostly related to skill - these nabs who are buying youre chests will still suck in raids because they lack the experience

You should let the developers do the work and not some stupid "Scientists (or how they called)" who analyze how to maximum efforts from ingame store and dont have a clue about the game

Btw im F2P (since 10.6.16) i planned to buy another year today but thanks to youre revamps i wont do it

And for example how less eqipement is related to the game:
    I started most classes with completly blue gear in higher raid teiers and came most time higher in dps than the full epic ppl because i learned the hard way - testing hours on a strawman to maximize the dps with rotation and testing every skillpoint to know the class im playing.

Gear doesnt matter in the game that much.

And now think about it again why players are angry

2) Why are you selling so much power in the store?
    There are two main reasons for this. The first is that raid participation has been decreasing over the past few years and we were receiving a lot of feedback from new players that they found it hard to get up to the point where they could contribute in the higher Tier raids. We wanted to make it easier for our newer players to catch up with people that had been playing since launch. The second is that we will be releasing the Raid Finder very soon and we want to make sure that the amount of people that participate in that is as big as possible. We have some pretty cool rewards lined up to give out with the Raid Finder so it is important for us that we have a large healthy community participating in it.
    Yea thats all nice and everything , but why are you not just lowering the price of khitai purples for lets say 50% ?
    Khitai gear is a solid base for harder challenges and the dungeons are not too hard to complete , in fact most are VERY EASY.

Now i am more of a pvp player , who doesnt really care about raiding , except for the t4 weapons and accessories since they are nice in pvp.

BUT imo , selling TOP gear in the store for money is just completely inane . Someone, who is simply too bad to get the achievemnt of acquiring it ,shouldnt be able to wear it . Period.
    You want it ? Earn it

If you want to help new players Reduce the grind.
    -Reduce Vanaheim grind for rings
    -Reduce Pit Fighter Grind for necklaces
    -Reduces Rare Trophy grind for Khitai purples

Again : Epic Khitai gear offers all the stats one needs to jump into t4.

There is absolutely no valid justification for selling T5 gear which even many dedicated raiding guilds struggle to obtain.
    Selling it to "new players" is an alibi reason to warrant the purpose of milking your customers.
    How do you expect to be helping them ?
    Having no idea of the Fight , having no AAs , having no idea how to play their class, being a burden to others , but at least they die in fancy armor , right ?
    GG man , well conceived.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Do Veterans get those Loyalty Rewards based on how long they play the game allready or will it start from zero for everyone (new players as well as old).

If it starts from zero then it just once again looks like a questionable way to get people to subscribe for more months and you will piss off all long time loyal players once again.