Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Allow people use teleports every 10 minutes with achivement points. Next step? Remove it and force people to pay for it. Allow people use veteran points for years. Next step? Remove it and foce people to pay for it.

Funcom have 8 years and still don't learn important thing: be loyal to your players, don't use them as source of money for games what they don't want to play. If you have something in game and people enjoy it - don't broke it, don't touch it. If you have something what people don't like and not enjoy - fix it.
    Last edited by lmagowz; 11th June 2016 at 09:45.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Allow people use teleports every 10 minutes with achivement points. Next step? Remove it and force people to pay for it. Allow people use veteran points for years. Next step? Remove it and foce people to pay for it.
    You can still teleport freely if you unlocked the achievements needed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    NOW on this new item shop I can't change characters ...it's set on one and only one...NO option that I can see to change the toon.
    It has already been reported, and they're looking into it.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Pls put pvp evade and immunity pots back to the shop, but off course for a decent price

Remove the PvP T2 set from the item store, and instead abolish the PvP level requirements from the T1 set.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Yeah and I stand by my statement:

Selling top gear for real money (or any kind of progression to make the game itself redundant) is the cancer of nowday's gaming industry. Everyone does it, even games like Call of Duty, Battlefield or even Assassins Creed (f*cking SINGLEPLAYER GAME!!!) sell booster packs to speed up progression (I still can't get over the fact: Ubisoft even selling this **** for their damn SINGLEplayer games!!! It just makes me crazy ffs).

This may be offtopic but it's the f*cking market (as you say: the business) nowdays. The "gaming industry" is f*cked up because it has no soul anymore, bunch of greedy business guys who want to squeeze out even the last few cents to produce another cash cow... that's the gaming industry nowdays. Make game, sell progression to earn max. money, let game die because everyone achieved everything in a few weeks, create new game, sell progression again... repeat over and over again, there will be always people who fall for the bait.

Seems like I have to stay with old school games, anyone up for a Age of Empires 2 LAN match? Found this old original CD in my basement again xD
    Gameranger. That and GoG, and I'm sweet till the wee hours of the morning. Nothing like bloodshot eyes playin a bit of StarCraft with your mates, or some Baldur's Gate with a Beavis and Butthead and Peter Griffin mod pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Please tell me why me or any veteran of this game would sub for this.
    * All our classes are level 80 and full on any useful AA
    * Any char I create has instant free teleport from account wide achievement points. We also have swift mounts on all chars so we can get anywhere in 2 minutes
    * I got hundreds of unspend tokens of all sorts on most of my chars. All loot in T6 drops plenty in direct items
    * All factions on any char I ever wanted are maxed out
    * Full AA...
    * Unchained is still a stupid lottery with no guarantee of ever getting what you want. Apart from that the gear is largely irrelevant (and will be even more so after these recent additions to the shop)
    * We have 12*lvl80 chars... Some even more. If we don't we don't care about the others
    * Most of us rarely do quests anymore. We've done them all mostly more then once
    * Nothing worthwile in game is bought with gold. 18 gold is the most expensive useful item in game
    Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    1) What will happen to Veteran Points? If TSW is any indication, these will be phased out after all of the Veteran Point tokens in character accounts have been spent.

2) What will happen to the monthly allotment of 200 Bonus Points? Will the Points for subscribers be removed, increased, or (gasp) decreased?

3) What will happen to offline character levels? I can see this being removed, but I would miss this perk.

4) What will happen to the 10% subscriber discount for Store purchases?

What does charakterslots +7 mean? I "think" it means you can unlock 4 (2?) toons to play when you do not sub, but all if you do...?
    ...Maybe it would have been a good idea to release membership changes and the new shop simultaneously...Oh hi Captain O....

Until now no word from nophex about my invitation.
    People are starting to bet if he will have the ba.... courage. If you could give me a heads up, nophex, we both can get pre--tty rich. Goldwise.

Most people are suggesting T3, please make sure you do have all three quests for the protection quest rewards, as they will help you later on, and are kind of mandatory for some classes for higher raids. Most recommended class is Hox so far, but don't be shy to choose your favorite class - if it is NECRO, DT, RANGER, BS, SIN, POM, TOS or HOX don't forget to bring and practice a mana drain spec. For TOS or HOX look up your silence and interrupt ability (both need to be specced). As a tank prepare yourself for pure physical, pure protection (50%) and dps fights. If you are a healer by heart make yourself comfortable to always have your greens and blues running without spamming them, and pick up a sense of best big heal timing - all while dpsing like mad. Perhaps it is best you stick to DEMO or BARB in the beginning. Wow ok I am really getting into this although I said XP wouldn't be mandatory for you...well...I can't help switching on my newbie-mode^^ If you do not feel comfortable with a care-mama-bear like me I will gladly bring in the help of a drill-raid-master, volunteers aren't a problem.

Please let me know if you give us the opportunity to show you the beauty of raiding. Of course you can bring Odonoptera or any other guest with you.

Cheers
    Kantakwa.

tell him to come full t5 feadara and experience pain even in top gear
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Please tell me why me or any veteran of this game would sub for this.
    * All our classes are level 80 and full on any useful AA
    * Any char I create has instant free teleport from account wide achievement points. We also have swift mounts on all chars so we can get anywhere in 2 minutes
    * I got hundreds of unspend tokens of all sorts on most of my chars. All loot in T6 drops plenty in direct items
    * All factions on any char I ever wanted are maxed out
    * Full AA...
    * Unchained is still a stupid lottery with no guarantee of ever getting what you want. Apart from that the gear is largely irrelevant (and will be even more so after these recent additions to the shop)
    * We have 12*lvl80 chars... Some even more. If we don't we don't care about the others
    * Most of us rarely do quests anymore. We've done them all mostly more then once
    * Nothing worthwile in game is bought with gold. 18 gold is the most expensive useful item in game
    That's the biggest problem in my opinion too.
    I am not full T6 geared, I probably never will but to be honest? It's nothing different (well, obviously the boss mechanics are different) than the other raid tiers... farm week for week until you have your gear. Sure bossfights might be interesting the first few times but after a few months it's just plain grinding. And that's the problem. Endgame here consists of grinding. All the Endgame Veterans have all classes (almost) fully geared and maxed out in any way (no new AAs, nothing else to do besides farming raids). This creates the raid logging, people log in once a week to to their raid, that's it, but that's not worth a monthly sub.

The best start to give this game new life would be (my opinion) to somehow create new AAs that create new "playstyles" for all the classes, so you have to find out new ways to play your character. These new playstyles could be linked to new instances that need players who master these new playstyles. This would be something REALLY new, not another raid that you grind for the next few years.
    But I bet the idea of the new AAs (where classes could even use new weapon types... oh god these promises...) was scrapped a few weeks after it was called out in the GD letter...

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    The best start to give this game new life would be (my opinion) to somehow create new AAs that create new "playstyles" for all the classes, so you have to find out new ways to play your character. These new playstyles could be linked to new instances that need players who master these new playstyles. This would be something REALLY new, not another raid that you grind for the next few years.
    But I bet the idea of the new AAs (where classes could even use new weapon types... oh god these promises...) was scrapped a few weeks after it was called out in the GD letter...
    Yeah as I said in my previous post. It's weird they promote AA boosting items in shop and as a member feature, when we don't need AAs, cause 2/3rds of AAs aren't even useful.

So it's not just make new AAs, but fix already existing useless class feats and revamp AAs that don't see use. So there isn't just one way to play a class anymore, as is the case for most.

Then maybe people would buy more boosts.

And I agree. Hardly any benefits for veterans. I hope Funcom realise a big bulk of players are veterans. Those veterans they need to drive good raids, keep guilds alive, etc.

7%? hahaha

another DT buff, I guess

rip guardians