Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Tbh, I've always thought shard farming was "shady" since it first started. If you kill trash it should stay dead in that instance, at least for a few days like other raids. The fact you could reform raid after 15 minutes and endlessly farm the trash for shards, even without the use of "creative positioning" has always been a bit fishy, at least to me. So I applaud this fix, now Funcom, start working on other broken crap in your game!

How about now stop the T6 trash on the way to Ethram Fal from randomly respawning during the raid?

And I really hope people aren't getting banned just for doing a wing 1 raid. There's usually more to the story than being banned just for being in an instance (assuming that instance is supposed to be open, not like being in wing 3 way back in the day before it was supposed to open).

In any case, the time to do something to prevent shard farming was about 6 years ago not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Tbh, I've always thought shard farming was "shady" since it first started. <snap>
    how on earth would you else gather the amount of shards needed for crafting?
    Ibis sword = 10 Shards
    any T3 craft = 20 Shards

if you are only allowed to get Shards during a normal Wing1 raid, this would rather be a lifetime task...
    - one raid per week, with too many weeks without getting a shard or even shards dropping at all

It is just pathetic to "fix" shard farming and solo rare grinding at this exact time, come on guys. This is no "bug fix" or "exploit fix", and we know it. From all the bugs they can choose from they pick the two things not even considered real bugs by many...no no no.

Tbh, I've always thought shard farming was "shady" since it first started. If you kill trash it should stay dead in that instance, at least for a few days like other raids. The fact you could reform raid after 15 minutes and endlessly farm the trash for shards, even without the use of "creative positioning" has always been a bit fishy, at least to me. So I applaud this fix, now Funcom, start working on other broken crap in your game!
    They 'fixed' area's like Oasis of Zaara when Guards went armed with T4 and pretty much solo'd it. They happily revamped the bosses. The thing is, the item's they dropped were rarely even worth the bother of farming. This is on top of the abyssmal drop rate FC have implemented. Are you enjoying the constant arse-meet-ground from every melee mob in DMC scripted to open with a KB/stagger to slow down powerlevelling?

The B&G server dupe bug. Years. It went on for YEARS! Any game that detects a dupe there's a patch almost instantaneously. It's a serious game balance issue. Then they removed my bind on pickup veteran reward item's. All my pots for mastery and PvP XP were nerfed to one. EVERYTHING in my bank was destroyed regardless of binding status. They obviously didn't do their homework much on their filters. Simply removed everything and flagged a few things that can be kept at that '1'.

And this is even before you touch on comber's and speed hack's.

The list is long of things they've 'fixed' (mostly game-play related) which didn't need fixing, but the list of genuine in-game bugs continues on. I reported some, repeatedly year after year with no result. Not even a response (and I've had a half dozen PC's all exhibit the exact same checkerboard texture from that Atzel's Approach nest. Same goes with horses in low-res texture mode).

They generate so much unnessary frustration from 'plugging holes that dont exist' instead of focussing on new content and removing these REAL exploits.

And what the current crop of FC staff either understand and simply want to shut down to pump people through the shop (which, funnily enough makes people **** players and give up quicker than if they'd put time in to the game) or don't understand and are now aggravating what's left of the dedicated few. And again, the only people left who can even do high raids are experienced players who aren't particularly interested in doing it all again from scratch with a new crop of deadshits wearing gear they bought but still can't own the fight.

What is there left to play if you can buy it all? Why continue to nerf thing's you can't even use because they're overpowered by gear from elsewhere's quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    how on earth would you else gather the amount of shards needed for crafting?
    Ibis sword = 10 Shards
    any T3 craft = 20 Shards

if you are only allowed to get Shards during a normal Wing1 raid, this would rather be a lifetime task...
    - one raid per week, with too many weeks without getting a shard or even shards dropping at all
    Alts help here. But then you're back to farming and expecting up to 24 people, all wanting shards, to farm a W1.

Farming is for farmer's who want to farm. Even they still have time to get drunk and whore around. I want to play a game.
    Last edited by Anzu; 24th June 2016 at 10:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    It is just pathetic to "fix" shard farming and solo rare grinding at this exact time, come on guys. This is no "bug fix" or "exploit fix", and we know it. From all the bugs they can choose from they pick the two things not even considered real bugs by many...no no no.
    It seems convenient on many issues...similar like other fixes in the past as soon as certain guilds/people reached maxxed content (like pvp epic instance farming, comboskipping, northern grassland forest AA, grey ape, crafting mat bots etc.).
    It is also a fine example for two things: Exploiting (or legit workarounds of a design flaw) hurts the game as will pay2win features.
    Why? Because if you cared about balance and consistency in design, you would at least NOW fix the grind rate and pricing of certain content and items. If you REALLY cared as designer, you would have listened to unbiased feedback and did some calculations earlier. Offering items from the cash shop while keeping the ingame problems, is not a valid alternative (as you will see and as could be seen in the past). If you keep workarounds (for design flaws at best, for an actual unfair advantage at worst) around for too long, this happens Without these workarounds the devs would have been forced to look at the content design and grind rate instead of being able to ignore it, because "no one complained" or "people get what they want, so what?".
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th June 2016 at 09:22.

Why is it shady? If the trash re-spawns then they were coded to re-spawn. They can't accidentally re-spawn and people cannot make them re-spawn therefore it's the way the game was designed to work.

All you guys are going off topic here, we are talking about new greedy item shop raised prices 500% + now selling pve t3 and pvp t2 gears in a 15$ Payed monthly subscription dead in life support game that is been going down hills and bleeding costumers for years.

Quote Originally Posted by End-of-Clothies View Post
    All you guys are going off topic here, we are talking about new greedy item shop raised prices 500% + now selling pve t3 and pvp t2 gears in a 15$ Payed monthly subscription dead in life support game that is been going down hills and bleeding costumers for years.
    The topic of this thread is all of Update 4.10. That includes both the item shop greed and the *exploit fixes*.

I for one see the solo rare farming as most certainly an exploit, as people were bypassing normal instance binding/lockout mechanics. The Shard farming I don't really see as an exploit as long as people aren't abusing things like geometry to make the killing of mobs much easier. Instant resetting has pretty much always been a thing in this game. I guess it could have been possible that they didn't intend for that trash to re-spawn when the instance resets, but it seems like an awfully large oversite if it was un-intended.

Shard prices have also always been expensive. Sure, there were days when it was 100+ gold each, which went down to < 20G after server merges. But even at 20G each, that takes a lot of Gold for a playing to get enough shards. These would/will be far too rare if shard farming is banned as an exploit.

it is not so and is not a bug, the trash is tied to a specific boss and is dead if the boss is dead. When you enter a shard W1 farming, where only the last boss is alive, you can not find the initial trash, it to Yaremkha, just find the final trash and this applies to any raid, if you interrupt a raid in half, after 15 minutes, you have to kill the trash forward last alive boss if there is a trash!