Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Funcom Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Hey all,

We wanted to take a moment to share (mostly) full details on the upcoming Membership revamp we have in store for you all.

As our producer, nophex, mentioned in the ongoing Update 4.10 Feedback thread, we’ll have a bunch of new bonuses and rewards for Members once the new system is implemented.

Membership will now grant the following:

• UPDATE: Access to Members-Only sales in the store.
    • A passive 30% bonus to PvE and PvP XP, including AA for as long as you’re a member. This replaces the Blessing of Asura. The Blessing of Asura will be removed from all characters.
    • 15 Teleport Coins, per character, each month for free.
    • Boosted Token gains from Raids, PvP and Khitai areas.
    • A passive 30% increase to all faction gains.
    • The ability to unlock Alternate Advancement perks via time, starting at Level 20.
    • An additional AA point per level gained.
    • +7 Character slots. New, Free accounts made after the transition start with 1 character slot by default. All existing accounts will keep however many slots they had.
    • Increased Quest Journal capacity.
    • Unlimited gold capacity.

Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live. We’re aiming at June 30th; barring catastrophe, you should use your offline levels by then, as they will disappear after the changes go live!

Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership. UPDATE: Once the transition occurs, we will provide current Members with a lump sum of Bonus Points equal to the amount they would have received up to the end of their Membership. For example, if you had 6 months left on your Membership before the switch, we'll give you 6 months worth of Bonus Points (1200 total points). These points will have a limited window to be used.

Veteran Tokens are no longer gained with Membership, but players will keep what they had and may still use them at Veteran vendors. Instead of Veteran Tokens, Members will be enrolled in The Loyalty Rewards program. This offers awesome new rewards for our Members at 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360-day tiers, including a brand-new mount type as the top-end reward. Additional rewards will be unveiled every 6 months.

We are also implementing a daily login reward and challenge system which will grant various rewards for free, including consumables, tokens, AA XP, and more.

An active membership will not be required to enter *any* content you have already purchased. This means any Rise of the Godslayer or Dragon’s Spine playfield, including associated raids and Unchained dungeons.

Dragon’s Spine will be sold separately in a new content pack. UPDATE: If you have ever made a purchase through us in Age of Conan up until the new system launches, you'll get Dragon's Spine for free!

Membership and Rise of the Godslayer are no longer required to use the Alternate Advancement system.

And, last but certainly not least, we’re going to have a new, lower price point for the 30-day membership. More info to come.

That about wraps up what’s going on; if I missed anything, I’ll be sure to add on to this. I'm sure you all have plenty of say about all this, so please, again, feel free to leave your feedback here in this thread.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

C'mon, spill some more info on loyalty rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live.
    And who said Funcom is not doing anything to bring the veterans back!? Alandalara can finally come back now!
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

"Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership"

No bonus points?
    Last edited by Hrulfr; 13th June 2016 at 20:42.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    And who said Funcom is not doing anything to bring the veterans back!? Alandalara can finally come back now!
    He will probably demand that all spent offline levels are subtracted from characters they have been used on.

OK....

This is actually looking pretty fair. Still NOT happy about the ridiculous prices and "p2w" gear options, BUT...I do see where this is headed. You are really making it worthwhile (finally!) to HAVE an active membership. You are also providing enough for F2P players to play the game WITHOUT a sub. I can see now how a F2P "might" just spend some funcom points on a few things here and there but never actually sub.

Thank you for this update. I can live with the "ugly" new shop UI..but this is actually beginning to make sense. Fix the F2P so they stick around, and keep us vets happy by actually MAKING our sub worthwhile.

Again, thank you for the update.
    Kyloth

30% isnt all that much. Was hoping for up towards 100% for the premium mebership...Dont know if this is enough

Thanks a lot! Now next time... think about whatever you announce as a gamer. It was absolutely clear people would freak out and **** their pants with the new item store and no additional clarification that the game is now a much more free and open package for the F2P crowd. Funcom is in the game long enough to have SOME degree of empathy towards their player base. We are human beings with emotions and all that, not logic robots
    Former German Community Manager

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Hrulfr View Post
    "Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership"

No bonus points?
    That's correct; we feel that the overall value of the new Membership with all its factors combined (New conveniences and perks, Loyalty Rewards, lower pricepoint on 30-day membership) has increased to the level where you won't miss the extra 200 points per month. We hope you'll agree

Quote Originally Posted by AoCWaldgeist View Post
    Thanks a lot! Now next time... think about whatever you announce as a gamer. It was absolutely clear people would freak out and **** their pants with the new item store and no additional clarification that the game is now a much more free and open package for the F2P crowd. Funcom is in the game long enough to have SOME degree of empathy towards their player base. We are human beings with emotions and all that, not logic robots
    Oh, for sure. I won't disagree that we (and I) could have more expressly communicated our intent and what was coming up. . .well, better. I'm happy to take responsibility for that; I won't know what not to do until I make a mistake, after all
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    That's correct; we feel that the overall value of the new Membership with all its factors combined (New conveniences and perks, Loyalty Rewards, lower pricepoint on 30-day membership) has increased to the level where you won't miss the extra 200 points per month. We hope you'll agree
    A massive increase to the monthly points was the only thing that would offset the insane 4-5x increase to the 4 hr pots. How exactly will this massive price gouging for these items be rectified?

Also, not too happy all my offline levels will be wiped out.

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast