Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Conan Exile GamePLAY

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Looks like crap. It's gonna bomb, coming as no surprise. FC has it coming , and deserves it.
    I see no benefit from complaints like this.

Stop playing the game, then. After all, that's all it is - a game. I guess you could head off and make your own better game and compete, but, jeez, just what good are such vituperous complaints here?

Since the online version relies on funcom, it is not an incentive or reliable content base.
    But what about the mentioned (i think i temember reading about it in an interview or post months ago) private server options? Will there be a licensing process? What worldbuilding options will there be? How valid will the game be in solo/small group content?

Will it be purely digitally marketed or will there be a box version worldwide? If digitally marketed, will it be steam exclusive or available by other shops?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th June 2016 at 18:04.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Since the online version relies on funcom, it is not an incentive or reliable content base.
    But what about the mentioned (i think i temember reading about it in an interview or post months ago) private server options? Will there be a licensing process? What worldbuilding options will there be? How valid will the game be in solo/small group content?

Will it be purely digitally marketed or will there be a box version worldwide? If digitally marketed, will it be steam exclusive or available by other shops?
    You can have your own private server or simply play offline. If by licensing process you mean DRM - then whatever Steam uses. It's a static map, but you can build most places and build in whatever shapes you like based on the building blocks. It's the same game in Solo/Group, but some creatures will be balanced around multiple players. It's not an MMO, there aren't raid mechanics.

Digital marketing, Steam only for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You can have your own private server or simply play offline. If by licensing process you mean DRM - then whatever Steam uses. It's a static map, but you can build most places and build in whatever shapes you like based on the building blocks. It's the same game in Solo/Group, but some creatures will be balanced around multiple players. It's not an MMO, there aren't raid mechanics.

Any guesses on how powerful of a computer you will need to run your own private server?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Any guesses on how powerful of a computer you will need to run your own private server?
    It wont be a complex process like your thinking, simply choosing "private" when starting a game & enforcing a password for other players to join.
    Many games such as Life is Feudal allow you to do this & a handful of other survival games which require nothing more than just your bog standard pc your playing on.

Thats my thoughts anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post

Thanks for the answer!
    My question background was a bit like: "Will i be able to create scenarios, villages, population and quests as in Neverwinter Nights on a private server and then watch my neighbours/friends/family struggle in it?" So the static map would be fine, building with blocks would work too, this leaves scenario and npcs customization (e.g. you have a forest area...will it always spawn certain creatures or could one make a "haunted" forest type?)

With licensing i meant some kind of "ok" from funcom before releasing such content on said private server (like Nintendos Mario world builder did for example).

It would be nice to see it on GOG or physical copy. Had AoC only been Steam and digital downloadable i would not have spent the hundreds of Euros i did...and i am just one player.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th June 2016 at 18:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    It wont be a complex process like your thinking, simply choosing "private" when starting a game & enforcing a password for other players to join.
    Many games such as Life is Feudal allow you to do this & a handful of other survival games which require nothing more than just your bog standard pc your playing on.

Thats my thoughts anyway
    The impression I had before, was that you get the server software, and set it up where-ever you want. Like Minecraft. I sort of doubt Funcom is going to host the potentially 1000's of servers people will want to create.

The impression I had before, was that you get the server software, and set it up where-ever you want. Like Minecraft. I sort of doubt Funcom is going to host the potentially 1000's of servers people will want to create.
    I didnt think it would be like that, more so just you as host with p2p connection for that session. Could be wrong but thats what I thought.

If they are going down the official server route than yeah I have no idea how they will work that.

EDIT: Just throwing thoughts out there, not trying to be a smart ass or anything

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    I didnt think it would be like that, more so just you as host with p2p connection for that session. Could be wrong but thats what I thought.

If they are going down the official server route than yeah I have no idea how they will work that.

EDIT: Just throwing thoughts out there, not trying to be a smart ass or anything
    I'm pretty sure they intend to have the game world keep going even while you aren't there. The NPCs can come attack and destroy your city while you aren't even in-game. Players can join and leave the server at any time and don't specifically have to group up to start playing together on their shared server. A p2p connection just wouldn't work for this style of gameplay.

Edit: The playing offline portion I suspect will be the only thing that doesn't need a dedicated server.

I'm pretty sure they intend to have the game world keep going even while you aren't there. The NPCs can come attack and destroy your city while you aren't even in-game. Players can join and leave the server at any time and don't specifically have to group up to start playing together on their shared server. A p2p connection just wouldn't work for this style of gameplay.

Edit: The playing offline portion I suspect will be the only thing that doesn't need a dedicated server.
    Yeah your probably right
    I was just brain farting, apologies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast