Thread: The River Under the Mountain Quest (Khitan Dance) - Spoilers!

Default The River Under the Mountain Quest (Khitan Dance) - Spoilers!

Is the River Under the Mountain dance quest broken? I don't see any instructions from Ah-ming in the 3rd part so I can't complete. I am missing something?

Update: In Global Chat, someone told me that Ah-ming's messages appear in Chat under 'Say'. So I changed my chat window feed to 'Say.'

This is all he says, however, after taking the center white tile: "An-ming the Open Palm whispers: No, no! Try harder!
    An-ming the Open Palm whispers: Through even the night's shadows, feel the sun's golden light! Be the hope in winter."

I don't get it.
    Last edited by Radicaltop; 11th June 2016 at 04:55.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

I think you are supposed to interpret the poem and move around the tiles as directed. I tried it for hours and finally gave up. I was too slow or clumsy or got the order wrong. I never figured out the order of the tiles to get it done. Good luck.

Was anyone able to do this dance quest quickly or has the answer key? AOC couldn't have intended the quest to take hours.

I took notes from the Chat window after several more attempts and An-ming says the following:

Be all and yet none, center yet apart - This is definitely the white tile in the center as An-ming says "Yes! That's it!"

The other four statements so far, after some poetic language prefacing them, are:

Be the hope in winter

Be the fire in autumn

Be the flood in summer

Be the growth in spring

The remaining tiles around the center are yellow, red, green, and blue. Each colored tile should correspond to one of the four seasons but I haven't been able decipher them yet. All I get from An-ming is "No, no! Try harder!"

OK, I was able to complete it after just a few more attempts (I have kung fu reflexes).

The key is in the full lines of poetry for each season.

Find your innermost harmony, pure as a drifting cloud. Be all and yet none, central yet apart. [cloud = white tile]

Dart and weave, making your life's blood pound through your veins! Be the fire of autumn. [blood = red tile]

Through even the night's shadows, feel the sun's golden light! Be the hope in winter. [golden = yellow tile]

Rush onward like an ocean's sapphire wave! Be the flood of summer. [ocean = blue tile]

Move as quickly as a leaf upon a breeze! Be the growth of spring. [leaf = green tile]

The Key

center = white

winter = yellow

autumn = red

summer = blue

spring = green

"Yes! Yes! That is the clear rushing of a soul and body aligned. Come, my finest student, so I may teach you. You are deserving." I am the monkey, the tiger, and the dragonfly according to An-ming.

Other than the Khitan dance, you also get a nice reward.

You gained 35000 XP towards your Mastery Advancement.

You have earned 4625 Valor.

If anyone wasn't able to do this, I would try again as - once you have the answer key - this should only take a handful of attempts.

Angry Spoiler alert!

http://img.memecdn.com/Warning-Spoil...t_o_109721.jpg

As someone that cursed this quest at the time of first attemped it, it did bring satisfaction when I figured it out. I would have been pissed if I came into a post like this that just lays it out as you did. Giving a hint like to pay attention to the words is one thing, but to just give the season / colors is a little too far without a spoiler alert

Quote Originally Posted by yyema View Post
    http://img.memecdn.com/Warning-Spoil...t_o_109721.jpg

As someone that cursed this quest at the time of first attemped it, it did bring satisfaction when I figured it out. I would have been pissed if I came into a post like this that just lays it out as you did. Giving a hint like to pay attention to the words is one thing, but to just give the season / colors is a little too far without a spoiler alert
    Henryx is going to post this solution on his blog, along with perhaps the solutions to the other racial dance quests. Some players want an answer key for these quests with obscure means of completion.

https://henryxconan.wordpress.com/20.../racial-dance/

There, I changed the title to indicate that there are spoilers.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    There, I changed the title to indicate that there are spoilers.
    I personally thank you for that, as for this particular quest I don't have what it takes to figure it out myself and I'm also too inpatient. Not to mention that in order to pass it, I have to give all my gold I have been collecting up to this point. At least now I have some measure to estimate whether it's worth it or not.
    Last edited by elbulgarian; 27th November 2016 at 08:42.