Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh money for Funcom... may we dream?

Default Fresh money for Funcom... may we dream?

Nazariin - Assassin 7 - Crom
    Rebriarah - BS 4 - Crom
    Ismemah - Hox - Fury

Rotfl, and AoC is gonna be last game where they could use "fresh money", woke up.
    We will be Serious after death.

7 open positions in Durham and 3 in Oslo. Durham = Aoc/tsw/ao, Oslo = conan exiles
    http://jobs.funcom.com/

One can always dream.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    7 open positions in Durham and 3 in Oslo. Durham = Aoc/tsw/ao, Oslo = conan exiles
    http://jobs.funcom.com/

One can always dream.
    In the new News article there, it says: "Going forward, Funcom is focusing on developing both smaller and larger scale games simultaneously in both Oslo and North Carolina...". I take that to mean they now have more than just the MMOs running in the Durham office. Whether that means the MMO team has been or will be split up to take on duties for a new game, we don't know. It could be they are just hiring for the new stuff they are working on and the MMOs are stuck with what we have now.

EDIT:

Based on the open job positions, it sounds like the new people will mostly be working on new games. It also makes me think those we think of as the MMO team have also been pulled onto the new projects instead of the MMOs.

Lead Programmer: "You will be responsible for establishing the architectural vision of new games and help coordinate the maintenance of our existing live MMOs."

That practically confirms we are in maintenance mode.
    Last edited by tapwater; 26th May 2016 at 20:41.

Exiles sounds cool, but I would love, and open a new bank account, if they spent that extra time, money, and resources on aoc!

Oh my Crom! How glorious that would be...

Forget about AoC. I gotta ask: Who would invest many millions dollars into Funcom at this point in time? It's the opposite of smart investment judging by their track record.

How many of their employees will get carbombed when they fail to uphold whatever bargain they struck with the mob a few years down the line? This whole thing is inexplicable.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Forget about AoC. I gotta ask: Who would invest many millions dollars into Funcom at this point in time? It's the opposite of smart investment judging by their track record.

How many of their employees will get carbombed when they fail to uphold whatever bargain they struck with the mob a few years down the line? This whole thing is inexplicable.
    Likely their extremely rich private investor in Norway who funds them as a fun side project.

The shipping Magnate that owns a bagillion shares of funcom and repeatedly bails them out. Oh, he also owned most of the companies debt and just chooses to not collect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast