Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wich T4 set ?

Quote Originally Posted by thisistheicon View Post
    Big heals, AA heals, bubbles (etc) are supposed to be used NOT TO FIX OTHER PEOPLE MISTAKES.
    Sadly you can't just say it and go on, instead you have to spam everything or get accused of not healing properly

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Do you mean that Lance of Mitra, Blessing of Mitra, Divine Halo etc. are totally optional, but f.e Ether Flow is not?

2x Death Ward is a bit overkill + this item is this weird suspended "Can have only one" state.

"If you want more mana and more heal:" This was my suggestion, if you do not like it, do not use it. The rest is up to you, it is your choice what you want to use.

*I note. The 95% of the Pom's today are still using the same old and outdate feat from 2012, I think. They just copy-paste the old one what someone created back in the day. I bet you are too.

I do not feel "overkill" from two of these. You are a healer, you have to survive everything. Pretty lame if the healer dies. Conq rez is for tanks. I have two of those Death Ward, and I have no problem with the "Can have only one" state, if Funcom wants to change this item, they gonna do. Until that I do not care what is written on an item description, if I can use two of them, I am gonna use.

But before deciding, just keep in mind one important thing that many just ignore:
    Big heals, AA heals, bubbles (etc) are supposed to be used NOT TO FIX OTHER PEOPLE MISTAKES.
    I think, if you are a healer and your primary role is to keep alive your team mates, regardless of the mistakes of others, your task is to save their life at any cost.

Otherwise, you are unfit for the job.

There is other question, if they make the same mistakes over and over again.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th October 2016 at 15:51.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Sadly you can't just say it and go on, instead you have to spam everything or get accused of not healing properly
    Big heals is the one thing people can check if someone have casted on them when they are low on health. The problem is that it got a terrible heal over time so you should never rely on it for tanking. If you need a big heal while tanking you should have aggro swapped. Big heals is best used after big AoEs.

On topic: There have not been any raiding on Fury since T5 raid come out so I don't know , but wouldn't Thousand blossoms and the t5 be the 2 sets to keep? Dragon king would be replaced by t5 , but thousand blossoms still do what it does best better than t5?

Quote Originally Posted by hepp View Post
    If you need a big heal while tanking you should have aggro swapped. Big heals is best used after big AoEs.
    THAT!
    Sadly this is not a perfect world so we have to do our best to use what we can... when we can.
    The challenge is not when to throw the big healing abilities but to explain people that using those abilities in a random fashion (a trend that is growing dramatically nowadays) is just counter-productive. Human dumbness > Boss difficulty.

To stay in topic, yes, the t5 ascension set is a dragon king enhancement and it's the best you can get before t6 (if you are lucky to be in a guild that does that). So I agree: keeping in inventory few thousand blossom set pieces would be a good idea since they would be still one of the best heal-rating sets you can get.

@Vyky
    Of course the main job of a healer is to heal. And Of course surviving is a must. That's not the point.
    The point is that to achieve that you don't need to nerf yourself.

I might not be "fit for the job", as you say, but i still think that learning to adapt to the proper strategies instead of relying on 10k health and 6k heal rating is the best solution.
    Again, i might be wrong and everyone is free to play the way they are more comfortable with.
    ( /showoff_mode on: I will still play my pom in an aggressive way being most of the time 1st or 2nd healer while being always in the top ten of damage dealers despite the raid's group I am in.
    And no tank ever complained about it. /showoff_mode off)
    "All i have is this rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle" - G.Threepwood
    Miilkaa / Meelkaa / Miilkee / Meelkii / Meelkee / Miilkii / Miilk / Meelk/ Milkx / Melx / Aakleem ...etc

I don't think T5 is a straightforward replacement for Dragon King - they both have the same budget, so you can mix them f.e. to get some more damage/-hate at the cost of heal rating/mana.

I still keep TB in my T5 ToS backpack - I find it useful on exactly 2 raid bosses where I need my CG and Dark Idol to hit the hardest. When raid dps is high enough you can just focus on making sure you don't wipe and loose time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    *I note. The 95% of the Pom's today are still using the same old and outdate feat from 2012, I think. They just copy-paste the old one what someone created back in the day. I bet you are too.
    Ah, you got me. I still use the econo build with Light of Mitra despite having mana-tap from T6 - I'm just too stupid to make my own.

THAT!
    To stay in topic, yes, the t5 ascension set is a dragon king enhancement and it's the best you can get before t6 (if you are lucky to be in a guild that does that). So I agree: keeping in inventory few thousand blossom set pieces would be a good idea
    I might not be "fit for the job", as you say, but i still think that learning to adapt to the proper strategies instead of relying on 10k health and 6k heal rating is the best solution.
    Again, i might be wrong and everyone is free to play the way they are more comfortable with.
    ( /showoff_mode on: I will still play my pom in an aggressive way being most of the time 1st or 2nd healer while being always in the top ten of damage dealers despite the raid's group I am in.
    And no tank ever complained about it. /showoff_mode off)
    First on heals! Can you share a build?

Share dat parse too,cause you know ,heal parses are "reliable" ...

Guys, the point here was trying to explain that using 2 protection rings can be viable but is not really needed and, instead of relying on gear, you should rely on knowledge. (knowledge >>> gear )

Beside that we all know that parses are not reliable when it comes to healing due to many side effects that aren't shown and blah blah blahs. (well... if there is a 10% difference between you and the rest, well...you can have as much hidden things as you want but those won't compensate that 10% :P ).
    My example was aimed only at proving that in maaaany different raids-pugs-groups-whatever I noticed that despite my tendency to play aggressively I still manage to be more useful and heal more than those standing WoL-spamming-healbots-wannabe and I used a stupid parse example to evaluate my thesis. That's it.
    So correct me if I am wrong. I'm just sharing my little experience and I'd be more than happy to learn new tips and tricks. Sadly most of the times i get back the typical constructive-less forum-ish attitude. But that's ok, I'll keep spreading the love anyway :P

About builds Maly: I tend to switch between 4 builds according to the fights and the role I am appointed to/raid (I'm speaking as a progressing undergeared hardcorewannabe t6 raider)
    1) hybrid div-ven (LoM or PoM according to the needs) 2) tri-brid vengeance focused 3) tri-brid divinity focused 4) divinity-general
    Last edited by thisistheicon; 20th October 2016 at 10:11.
    "All i have is this rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle" - G.Threepwood
    Miilkaa / Meelkaa / Miilkee / Meelkii / Meelkee / Miilkii / Miilk / Meelk/ Milkx / Melx / Aakleem ...etc

Seriously it does not matter which set you pick.

Heal rating is a scam, so the benefit there in Thousand Blossoms is wasted.

Dragon King will give you approximately 100dps more, but blossoms will let you dps longer because more mana/better regens. DK will be better for standup tank n spanks, TB will be better for when you can't sit in tardweave.

Hit, crit, crit damage, and holy/unholy prot are all within 1% of each other.

TB is slightly better for survival with a little bit more health if that really matters.

Just grab whatever you think is prettier or will complement your play style more
    I don't make points I make dents.

Its enough healbots around atm, blueheal rotation ffs! better have 2 deathswards for that
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast