Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So... When merge Fury and Crom?

Default So... When merge Fury and Crom?

For Rage it took 3 years, maybe 5 years too late (due to bad population).
    When it will be with Fury and Crom?
    Fury atm has minigames going like crazy, but Crom has minis relative dead comparing to fury, and that is good. On other hand no raids on fury, so you need to go to crom if you want some pve.
    This is a bit fuc*** IMO...
    What do others think?
    The Law of Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Chegy4 View Post
    For Rage it took 3 years, maybe 5 years too late (due to bad population).
    When it will be with Fury and Crom?
    Fury atm has minigames going like crazy, but Crom has minis relative dead comparing to fury, and that is good. On other hand no raids on fury, so you need to go to crom if you want some pve.
    This is a bit fuc*** IMO...
    What do others think?
    wont be soon, but fury will be dead in 6 months and its gonna be exactly like rage. but theyll continue to keep it 2 servers so as to not approach a shutdown of the game and to milk delusional people.

it is very easy to predict what funcom would do, they operate like a criminal, say one thing but never do it and constantly deteriorating every game they make while leeching $ off victims. so this is a logical foreshadow i think.

IF they did a merge they would have to set up some sort of pvp enabled zone for each area...because if you make crom a pvp server you will lose more people than are on Fury now imo

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    IF they did a merge they would have to set up some sort of pvp enabled zone for each area...because if you make crom a pvp server you will lose more people than are on Fury now imo
    I think the Devs have already said that was very time consuming and not likely to happen. My guess is that when/if Crom and fury get merged it will be like the Rage Fury merge and the PvP ruleset will be gone. Also, are we sure we really want to rush in to a merge? Look at history. Right after a merge the new combined server has a great deal of activity (Usually greater than the sum of the parts). Within months, the active population drops to below that of the largest server pre merge. This is the case in other MMO's also. It occurs because each group has its own "culture" and no one wants to adopt the other. When the sense of community breaks down, the population goes down.

I hope Fury and Crom will always stay as they are.

I for one think it's important that there's a PvP server, even if there are not many players over there, at least it offers a choice.

And who knows, maybe when Exiles comes out and people play it and realise it's bad, maybe they'll be looking for some open world PvP in a good Conan game, so that might lead them to AoC and Fury. It's a long shot, but craziest things have happened.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I hope Fury and Crom will always stay as they are.

I for one think it's important that there's a PvP server, even if there are not many players over there, at least it offers a choice.

And who knows, maybe when Exiles comes out and people play it and realise it's bad, maybe they'll be looking for some open world PvP in a good Conan game, so that might lead them to AoC and Fury. It's a long shot, but craziest things have happened.
    Or they will realise its good and better pvp and leave aoc
    meh...

When I leave Fury I need to track down people in NG with 20-30 minutes, and even after that after 1 shot they run away to guards. With such "nice" open PVP no one need open PVP. Sooner or later Fury will be deserted, merging with Rage just introduce rage cheaters to you

Well minis on fury are going non-stop... even over night (EU time) min two minigames running. So its pretty good. Tho no pve :P
    The Law of Fury

To me, spliting the people is not a good idea, you can tell all you want that you don't care for pvp or pve but at the end having two servers only limits the possibilities, maybe now you want to pvp, but i don't know, maybe tomorrow you want to know whats in t4, t5 or t6 raids... maybe you have done everything that pve has to offer and want to do something else, like fighting your mates in an arena or someone else in those minis.

i know, pve servers don't have open world pvp, but the only "good thing" about that is that you can gank players... i guess some people like that danger feeling,but for others is absolutely a negative experience that simply don't want, and here is the main issue, i think... would be nice to merge the servers without loosing anything we want, but there is always a solution, like, for example get rid of the "epic" zones and make them pvp zones, with the same loot tables, no epic mobs but pvp enabled (and why not player inventory loot) i don't know, there must be a way...

right now i don't thing its gonna happen, but if this game has a future would be nice to see that...unless of course, playerbase get higher
    meh...

As Belsvard told, replacing Epic on PvP instances (or adding genuine new PvP dimensions option) is most valid and logical option which allowing do painless merge of Fury and Crom so both populations would have nothing to complain about.

This option been mentioned many times before and afaik considered by FC, guess they just didnt have enough resources to perform it. Hopefully now with this investment influx they can do something at this matter.

No point to have more than 1 server if u can handle population all together - MMO = more people, more fun.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast