Thread: Level 50 Crafting

Default Level 50 Crafting

I am now level 50 with armorsmith however, I am only able to craft green gear. How is one able to craft blue gear ? I see it selling on the trader so it should be possible. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightkiller View Post
    I am now level 50 with armorsmith however, I am only able to craft green gear. How is one able to craft blue gear ? I see it selling on the trader so it should be possible. Thanks
    You need the recipe. Buy recipe on trader or get a random drop somewhere, but theyre really rare.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

What a waste of time and gold. The crafting here is very limited then because, lets face it, green gear sucks. Age of Conan Devs, you seriously need to take some advice from other MMO's like Star Wars the Old Republic where you can at least craft some decent gear.

starting at lvl 60 you can craft blue gear that is rather good for leveling. however, the crafted gear sucks for endgame.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    starting at lvl 60 you can craft blue gear that is rather good for leveling. however, the crafted gear sucks for endgame.
    Culture gear was great for T1/T2 level things, but with T3 and Khatai, pretty much all crafted gear is useless. Funcom just quit making new recipes, as a four year crafting revamp was announced and recently abandoned.

Ibis and T3 Crafted weapons are still ok as well as dreamers keepsake rings if you dont have others..
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

yes, that's right, some items can be a good starting point, but they are just a few, and to be able to craft them you need the recipe, which require some farming of instances that at the moment are not even that popular.

so, at the moment i think that crafting is quite a waste of time, unless funcom finally decides to add a few more recipes to the game.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

The only crafting that is currently worthwhile is for potions and food.

Default not worthwile

If you consider crafted lvl 50 blue gear costs versus dungeon drops - its just not worth the effort because it involves rare recipe that asks for multiple rare ingredients worth 1 or more gold each on trader or will take many hours to farm up by yourself. Many low level crafted pieces have use as "pre-mats" for some rare lvl 79-80 gear recipes.