Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: COMING SOON: Membership Revamp

God, always the same complains, i reminded you that as a F2P you have paid nothing not even a digital version of the game which is the case for most of the new free play games.
    If you think the game is great and you wanna go further, subscribe that how it's work, it's been define like, I love this game so I paid my subscription, I prefer doing that than go to some casual bad mmo.

Also If you had read correctly the "recent" news you will know that with the new membership come a new F2P which will make the world way more open to F2P, I don't see the point of talking bad about a system when it will change soon. And that has nothing to do with this topic.
    Last edited by haedian; 24th May 2016 at 17:16.
    Haedian, Officier/RL Les Naufragés d'Hyboria

There is no more developing in AoC so it should be a b2p game. imo
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I believe you are the minority. The majority of the players are veterans. I think you are probably 1 in 100 new players to stay with the game.

I love the game, I have played it since launch, and I never quit once. I want to stay, but its difficult when theres less and less people to play with and I know people can agree there is little to zero future.

Every other game has consistent interaction with the playerbase about what the future holds, even TSW.

If they hired me as Game Director, I sure as hell would get it together.
    Doesn't explain why you want the game turned off, because you're not pleased.

How would shutting AoC down address the problems you perceive? How would it be an improvement? Is "no game" the only option to "100% Perfect game?"

I'm over a year subbed, over two years in the forum and about six years in total time in game. I think I qualify as a "veteran," too. I tried TSW and was not pleased, so I stopped playing it, returning to AoC. As far as I'm concerned, TSW has little to no future - 40 bucks (or, whatever I paid for it) down the tubes. But, I don't call for it to be shut down; I just don't play.

Prior to AoC, I was about a year or two in LotRO. Once I started, I left LotRO and haven't looked back. It can't hold a candle to AoC - in fact, I've not seen another MMO that even comes close to this game's superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post

How would shutting AoC down address the problems you perceive? How would it be an improvement? Is "no game" the only option to "100% Perfect game?"

I'm over a year subbed, over two years in the forum and about six years in total time in game. I think I qualify as a "veteran," too. I tried TSW and was not pleased, so I stopped playing it, returning to AoC. As far as I'm concerned, TSW has little to no future - 40 bucks (or, whatever I paid for it) down the tubes. But, I don't call for it to be shut down; I just don't play.

Prior to AoC, I was about a year or two in LotRO. Once I started, I left LotRO and haven't looked back. It can't hold a candle to AoC - in fact, I've not seen another MMO that even comes close to this game's superiority.
    They won't shut it down just yet. Since they still claim it generates revenue, it won't, but you should know that your money is not going towards this game. You are paying for TSW anyway. 5 minutes on their forum/news channel and you can see the vast difference in "attention" between this one and that.

Just because I am not pleased how they run things does NOT mean I am not entitled to my opinion. I can't stand other games which is why I still play this one, but I don't have to suffer in silence.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Sorry bud but you're a fanboi. Nobody here is saying "we want it shut down". Were explaining to you that OUR money going into the game is NOT producing AOC content. So yes, either wake up, fix this apparently busted system. OR SHUT IT DOWN AND LET US MOVE ON.

They won't shut it down just yet. Since they still claim it generates revenue, it won't, but you should know that your money is not going towards this game. You are paying for TSW anyway. 5 minutes on their forum/news channel and you can see the vast difference in "attention" between this one and that.

Just because I am not pleased how they run things does NOT mean I am not entitled to my opinion. I can't stand other games which is why I still play this one, but I don't have to suffer in silence.
    Well, actually, my money goes to FunCom. Once in their possession, it is their business how they spend it. I'd like to see some improvements in AoC, but I'm still having fun so no rush.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. My beef is that so many people here seem to want all or nothing for EVERYONE, not just themselves. If the game is not fixed as they like, they seem to want it shut down, rather than simply going elsewhere. I mean, if it's so bad, why stay?

Quote Originally Posted by jaygrae View Post
    Sorry bud but you're a fanboi. Nobody here is saying "we want it shut down". Were explaining to you that OUR money going into the game is NOT producing AOC content. So yes, either wake up, fix this apparently busted system. OR SHUT IT DOWN AND LET US MOVE ON.
    First, here is the comment made by another that I commented on; "wake up or shut down imo."

Looks to me that there's someone who is saying he wants it shut down.

Second, apparently you are another of them. Look at the last words of your post. I submit that you are the counter point that disproves your own argument.

I have no problem understanding that your money may not be going to new content. However, my money is going to this game, too. The system is not busted. It may not be what you want, but it's not busted.

I guess you think "fanboi" is some sort of scathing witticism, but I see it as simple immaturity.

As I said, if you don't like it, take your money elsewhere. But, don't demand that OTHERS can't play, because you are peeved at the game or the company.

Well, actually, my money goes to FunCom. Once in their possession, it is their business how they spend it. I'd like to see some improvements in AoC, but I'm still having fun so no rush.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. My beef is that so many people here seem to want all or nothing for EVERYONE, not just themselves. If the game is not fixed as they like, they seem to want it shut down, rather than simply going elsewhere. I mean, if it's so bad, why stay?
    Yes, but like I said, you are minority that isn't bored with the game. There is or was a greater percentage of people that were like you and they don't seem bothered, but there are more people leaving than there is staying. Obviously its been happening since launch. My guild had 5 people quit within the last 2 weeks.

I want my money to go to this game. I've bought a GM sub for TSW but I no longer play it. My money should be for a content team and general upkeep for this game, but it isn't. My simple rant isn't going to change how this company runs, although if I was in charge, I would change it. Not quitting the game until it is shut down.

At this point though, it seems you are just trolling for responses, so I be done.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

although if I was in charge, I would change it.
    I have guildies that are non-stop spamming great ideas just like you about everything they can change and add. If someone would be hired as game director however all they would be able to do is empty promise on top of empty promise as they will get ZERO resources from Funcom to create anything. Eventually they would quit because their job would become so insanely frustrating. Just like the last dev most people liked and who tried to realize his ideas in game.

It's time to make our peace with the fact that all our sub money does is keep the electricity on in the basement for AoC's servers. Anything more would be wishful thinking at the point I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 24th May 2016 at 21:31.

Yes, but like I said, you are minority that isn't bored with the game. There is or was a greater percentage of people that were like you and they don't seem bothered, but there are more people leaving than there is staying. Obviously its been happening since launch. My guild had 5 people quit within the last 2 weeks.

I want my money to go to this game. I've bought a GM sub for TSW but I no longer play it. My money should be for a content team and general upkeep for this game, but it isn't. My simple rant isn't going to change how this company runs, although if I was in charge, I would change it. Not quitting the game until it is shut down.

At this point though, it seems you are just trolling for responses, so I be done.
    I'm not trolling at all. I'm saying that it isn't right to call for the game to be shut down because YOU - or whomever - doesn't like it.

I'd like to see a lot done, too, but that is in FunCom's bailiwick, not mine. The only thing I - or anyone else - can do is accept what the game is and play or not accept it and quit paying.

OK, you've had people quit from your guild. That was their decision to make and affected no one but themselves. Not being familiar with guilds, I don't know if there are any guild-related repercussions, but that's something separate.

When the game is no longer tenable, it will, most likely, be shut down. But, until then, let us who still like it continue to play, not call for its demise immediately.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast